Will Tomac "bunch them up" in Vegas??

4/30/2017 1:30pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2017 2:22pm
IF Eli were to get his beast mode speed back next weekend and dominate out front, will he slow the race pace to cause a "bunch up" behind him in hopes of causing some carnage? I could see him toying with Dungey by not letting him pass and slowing him to let other riders into the mix. How dirty could it get?? This could make for a great show.

With the amount of points Tomac needs to makeup this seems to be his only chance. That's IF he has the speed again to stay in front of everyone else. The only way Tomac could run away with a win is if Dungey has a catastrophic race and is way back while nearing the checkers.

We just might be in a for an amazing finale in both classes. Anything can happen if Tomac bunches them up behind him.

Remember when Hamilton did this to his own teammate against team orders?
|
RG1
4/30/2017 1:31pm
I don't see how this works in a sport where you can actually overtake
4/30/2017 1:32pm
RG1 wrote:
If Tomac is in beast mode, he can surely toy with riders behind him and re-pass if necessary.
4/30/2017 1:34pm
RG1 wrote:
How many times has RD overtaken ELIte this season?
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
4/30/2017 1:37pm
That will not work. If he wins then which rider will want to finish ahead of Dunge? Marvin, Davi, Anderson, Blake? The rest of the guys Dungey will smoke anyways. Top 3 is a sure thing for Ryan unless he dnf's or rides tight which he never does.

The Shop

ctbale
4/30/2017 1:38pm
What ever happens, this should make Eli mentally tougher for the outdoors ... I hope.

Cant wait for Vegas!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant wait for the outdoors!!!!!!!!!!

still jazzed up form yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RG1
4/30/2017 1:38pm
RG1 wrote:
TripleFive wrote:
Not many. That wasn't my point, and I don't really care who wins. My point was I don't see how going slowly to bunch people up works in SX. The only way it even came close to working in the Hamilton/Rosberg situation is because it's almost impossible to overtake in F1. If you slow down in a SX race 9/10 the rider behind will just overtake you
4/30/2017 1:42pm
RG1 wrote:
TripleFive wrote:
RG1 wrote:
Not many. That wasn't my point, and I don't really care who wins. My point was I don't see how going slowly to bunch people up...
Not many. That wasn't my point, and I don't really care who wins. My point was I don't see how going slowly to bunch people up works in SX. The only way it even came close to working in the Hamilton/Rosberg situation is because it's almost impossible to overtake in F1. If you slow down in a SX race 9/10 the rider behind will just overtake you
You missed the Chad Reed and Dungey incident?
Motoxdoc
4/30/2017 1:44pm
I don't see Eli doing anything more than racing hard for the win. I don't see Eli playing games. That usually backfires....like when Dean Wilson tried those games on Eli many years ago.
Motoxdoc
4/30/2017 1:46pm
ctbale wrote:
What ever happens, this should make Eli mentally tougher for the outdoors ... I hope. Cant wait for Vegas!!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait for the outdoors!!!!!!!!!! still jazzed...
What ever happens, this should make Eli mentally tougher for the outdoors ... I hope.

Cant wait for Vegas!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant wait for the outdoors!!!!!!!!!!

still jazzed up form yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL....Eli's gonna race the outdoors like an angry hornet!
RG1
4/30/2017 1:47pm Edited Date/Time 4/30/2017 1:48pm
TripleFive wrote:
RG1 wrote:
Not many. That wasn't my point, and I don't really care who wins. My point was I don't see how going slowly to bunch people up...
No. I just don't think it's plausible for a rider to do that to a number of riders and have it work in his favour
Rct851
4/30/2017 1:52pm
AND HERE COMES REED!!!
4/30/2017 1:59pm
It would be very difficult to do in SX, try slowing someone down in to a 180 bowl turn......chances are you won't be making it out of the bowl turn.
Gas7
4/30/2017 3:01pm
How about,.. if it's a one lined track and both start poorly would think Eli would hold 4th position until late. Lot of "ifs" but keeping RD back and blitzing to try to win with 3 or so laps to go.
jasonv43
4/30/2017 3:05pm
Anything is possible.

dirtnapper
4/30/2017 3:11pm
IF Eli were to get his beast mode speed back next weekend and dominate out front, will he slow the race pace to cause a "bunch...
IF Eli were to get his beast mode speed back next weekend and dominate out front, will he slow the race pace to cause a "bunch up" behind him in hopes of causing some carnage? I could see him toying with Dungey by not letting him pass and slowing him to let other riders into the mix. How dirty could it get?? This could make for a great show.

With the amount of points Tomac needs to makeup this seems to be his only chance. That's IF he has the speed again to stay in front of everyone else. The only way Tomac could run away with a win is if Dungey has a catastrophic race and is way back while nearing the checkers.

We just might be in a for an amazing finale in both classes. Anything can happen if Tomac bunches them up behind him.

This is honestly just a rediculous thing to say.

Come on man....Pinch
kiwifan
4/30/2017 3:18pm
IF Eli were to get his beast mode speed back next weekend and dominate out front, will he slow the race pace to cause a "bunch...

sorry mate, just cant see your scenario being played out...the only thing that this could do is cause crashes due to the bunching up, but that might hurt Tomac as well...

I think Tomac will do what he can to win, all Dungey needs to do is keep him in close sight...the start will be key, a bad start by either rider could be epic
4/30/2017 3:19pm
Gas7 wrote:
How about,.. if it's a one lined track and both start poorly would think Eli would hold 4th position until late. Lot of "ifs" but keeping...
How about,.. if it's a one lined track and both start poorly would think Eli would hold 4th position until late. Lot of "ifs" but keeping RD back and blitzing to try to win with 3 or so laps to go.
He's got to to have some sort of plan, I don't think he'll let the championship go with a clean ride for the win. With it being the last race for the Championship, anything goes.

We all know if Tomac finds himself in beast mode like Salt Lake he could easily hold up the field behind him and control the whole race. If someone gets around him he'll just pass him right back and hold them up again until everyone starts dicing behind him. Rinse and repeat until the checkered flag, hoping for carnage behind him. Calling it now.
gabrielito
4/30/2017 3:22pm
Eli needs to park Dungey, plain and simple. All common courtesy is out the window after last night.
Gas7
4/30/2017 3:37pm
Wish they had radios,.. and shared with the telecast...
IWreckALot
4/30/2017 3:39pm
gabrielito wrote:
Eli needs to park Dungey, plain and simple. All common courtesy is out the window after last night.
This is what it will take. Dungey wrecks in the first corner, he can still get top 4 on most nights. Especially with Musquin and Anderson playing nice. Tomac slowing the pace isn't going to do anything.
Lester
4/30/2017 3:44pm
gabrielito wrote:

gabrielito
4/30/2017 4:04pm
gabrielito wrote:
Lester wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/04/30/191742/s1200_1o6niv.jpg[/img]

I don't understand, what's your point?
rutsmash
4/30/2017 4:13pm
TripleFive wrote:
RG1 wrote:
Big diffence getweend Dungey trying to overtake Reed and lets say, Barcia trying to overtake Tomac. Barcia doens't have a championship to worry about so you think he's gonna pussy foot around Tomac if he's blocking? ha ha....or any of 5 or 6 other riders.
BobPA
4/30/2017 4:13pm
RG1 wrote:
TripleFive wrote:
Well there was last night...
AUS_Twisted
4/30/2017 4:20pm
Kawi should hire Reed for a 1 weekend deal Smile
chris225
4/30/2017 4:31pm
Put Justin hill on a 450
4/30/2017 4:36pm
You do know that Dungy doesn't have to win to repeat? And considering how many KTM's and Husky's are in the class if needed they could have a tip over contest.
Yamaknockers
4/30/2017 4:47pm
Maybe grant will get a good start and torpedo Dungey, which is fair play after Marvin took a dive last night. I would like to see Hill out there, he beat Dungey in at least 2 of the monster cup mains on a 450 several years ago.

Post a reply to: Will Tomac "bunch them up" in Vegas??

The Latest