Will To Victory Book

Related:
Create New Tag

1/14/2019 6:01 PM

https://willtovictory.com

Book covering the 2018 GP season. Got mine today and all i can say is.....wow. I've got mx books going back to the 70's and this one is the most incredible mx book I've ever seen. It is huge, makes the great American Motocross series look tiny next to it. Incredible photography, can not recommended it enough.

|

Kevin Windham‏ @kdub_14

Not 1factory racer hasnt been told that if ucan help teammate out, then do it 4 championship. Few r in a position like MM25 #partofthesport

1/15/2019 11:09 PM

Very happy you like the book Rhett! It seems the US orders are finally making their way through the border...

Be sure to read the Harry Everts interview where he tells the story how it was that he left Bultaco and went to Suzuki! It was a comedy of errors that led to three 125cc championships in a row...

Roddy

|

1/16/2019 11:38 AM

Got mine too! What a work of art that thing is, and huge! Anyone who is remotely a fan of moto should have this one in their collection. I've never seen another moto related book even come close. Once again, to anyone who hasn't bought their copy yet, you need to do so asap. It's that good.

|

1/16/2019 12:52 PM

How much is it and how much shipping to USA? , Arizona in particular.

|

1/16/2019 3:24 PM

500guy wrote:

How much is it and how much shipping to USA? , Arizona in particular.

Looks like mine came in at $100.87 US. $82.50 euro, 32.50 of that for international shipping.

|

1/16/2019 5:15 PM

Killer book! Is that Poto's favorite track on the cover? I may be wrong....but it also looks like that first turn pic is the spot where Herlings broke his femur 2 years ago....Italy maybe?

|

1/16/2019 11:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/16/2019 11:33 PM

@ Motoxdoc: The cover photo is from Loket, Czech Republic. You are right about Villopoto's loop-out, that was at Arco di Trento, Italy.

@500guy: Newmann has the pricing right and yes, the shipping really is that much! And that is the discounted price DHL gives for small businesses like mine. The price of shipping is quote high, but a pass-through from my side. I am only charging what it is costing me for shipping. The one good thing is DHL provides a tracking number for their deliveries. Deliveries are worldwide, including Arizona. smile

Gatedrop.com just posted a full review of the book here:

http://gatedrop.com/review-will-to-victory/

And customer reviews of the book can be read here:

https://willtovictory.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fbook-will-to-victory

|

1/25/2019 11:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/25/2019 11:16 PM

DC just posted a nice review on Racerhead:

More than a year ago, a friend, fellow journalist, and former privateer racer named Roddy McLeod told me he had an idea—he wanted to follow the 2019 FIM Motocross World Championship, shoot photos, and write a book about it. I always remembered one of Roddy’s most outstanding photos, from The Citadel motocross circuit at Namur, Belgium, arguably the best photo of that legendary, lost motocross track that was ever shot. I told him it will be difficult and probably cost-prohibitive to do a big coffee table book in today’s digital world, but his enthusiasm and commitment for the project—he was ready to move to Germany and get started last winter—came through loud and clear. I wished him luck, helped sort some media credentials through Youthstream, and said that we would maybe see him along the way.

We did see Roddy along the way, at the MXGP of Trentino in Italy, which is where he shot one of our favorite covers ever, the Jeffrey Herlings mountain shot.

Last month Roddy McLeod finally finished his project, on-time and hopefully within budget, and it’s fantastic. Will to Victory is the most impressive motocross book I have ever seen. It is a massive effort, nearly 300 pages, packed not only with excellent race photos, but also essays, interviews, profiles, and more. And it’s not just ’19 race coverage either. He visits legends like Stefan and Harry Everts, Joel Smets, and David Thorpe at their homes to talk about what victory meant to them, and what gave them their will to succeed, time and time again.

At the races McLeod takes more of a fly-on-the-wall approach to shooting, backing up to show the whole seen rather than the up-close images you often see in magazines like Racer X Illustrated, TransWorld, MXA, and more. And because MXGP goes to some fairly exotic places—Indonesia, Turkey, Argentina, and all over Europe—we found ourselves studying every single photo. (Personally, I do wish Roddy had run more travel photos from his year-long journal, because I’m sure he saw some amazing things along the way, but then again, I’m a guy who likes to sneak photos of old neon motel and bar signs into a dirt bike magazine.)

Our MX book collection here at Racer X is pretty big and extensive, from the Gianni Prandi’s World Cross Annuals of the 1980s to Simon Cudby’s American Motocross series of the 2000s; from the late Pat Boulland’s Images Du Motocross to the late Terry Pratt’s masterpiece on the 1972 season called Grand Prix Motocross, and everything in between. Roddy McLeod’s Will to Victory is a step above, both in size and quality, as the paper alone is the stuff of a museum art book.

Photo

Will to Victory is a great big beautiful book. It belongs in your moto library or on your coffee table—you will go back to it time and again. Congratulations to Roddy McLeod on a job well done.
www.willtovictory.com

--

Thank you DC and Racer X for this wonderful review!

|

1/26/2019 12:06 AM

Got mine yesterday and it's one of the nices't books moto or otherwise you'll ever come across.Veery impressive.

|

1/26/2019 3:35 AM

Awesome job on the book! It looks like it’s going to be great, and thx for posting about it, and bringing to our attention bulto. Going to order this.

|

1/27/2019 1:06 AM

Here's a summary of the RXI review:

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo