Will Suzuki update the RM-Z in 2023?

Fooze
Edited Date/Time 3/1/2022 2:53pm
Hi all,

here in europe it's nearly impossible to get a new 2022 RMZ 250 and my reseller told me he can't even order one. I mean, it's February...

Did they stop producing it, because they build an updated 2023 version already?
They also didn't changed plastics/graphics or anything else from 2021 to 2022 like they didn't even wanna touch it and get rid of all the stock.

How is it in the US or Australia, can you guys/your resellers still order new 2022 RMZ 250?

Has anyone else discovered hints about new RMZs in 2023?

|
nofearccracer
Fantasy
1241st
2/22/2022 7:45am
We have heard rumors of a new bike in 2023 but nothing has been confirmed... I cant speak for 2022 stock as I haven't been in a Suzuki dealership in a while.
TeamGreen
2/22/2022 7:47am
I'm pretty sure that Suzuki is producing fairly low numbers of MX bikes.

As for a 2023 update...?

Ohhhhh Michael...please pick up the white courtesy phone.
PDUB481
2/22/2022 7:47am
New RMZ for 2023 some guy named ROCZEN will be riding it STAMP IT
nofearccracer
Fantasy
1241st
2/22/2022 7:50am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2022 7:50am
PDUB481 wrote:
For who HEP? I hope your stamp is erasable. There's no way Kenny would take such a severe paycut and loss of resources to ride for HEP. i give props to what Pipes and HEP has done but you wont see a guy like Roczen on that team anytime soon.

The Shop

Richy
2/22/2022 7:55am
Can Roczen still command a salary like he's had in the past?

He's gotta be pretty cushy, so I doubt it matters to him, but you need results to get the big money when your contract is up surely?
TeamGreen
2/22/2022 7:55am
PDUB481 wrote:
For who HEP? I hope your stamp is erasable. There's no way Kenny would take such a severe paycut and loss of resources to ride for...
For who HEP? I hope your stamp is erasable. There's no way Kenny would take such a severe paycut and loss of resources to ride for HEP. i give props to what Pipes and HEP has done but you wont see a guy like Roczen on that team anytime soon.
Anyone-else notice the guys from Japan running around and being involved with/working on bikes in the HEP pits this year...hmmmmmm?
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
2/22/2022 8:03am
PDUB481 wrote:
For who HEP? I hope your stamp is erasable. There's no way Kenny would take such a severe paycut and loss of resources to ride for...
TeamGreen wrote:
Anyone-else notice the guys from Japan running around and being involved with/working on bikes in the HEP pits this year...hmmmmmm?
Are they from Showa or Yosh?
TeamGreen
2/22/2022 8:33am
TeamGreen wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
Looked like they were from Suzuki Motor Corporation.
Dirt.Squirt
2/22/2022 8:35am
TeamGreen wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Looked like they were from Suzuki Motor Corporation.
So you’re saying there’s a chance?!
Grouper
2/22/2022 8:41am
Can someone give me a real reason why they need it to have an electric start? More weight, center of gravity height increase, increased chance of failure, you have to kick it like you have your whole life unless this is your first year riding.

Not to mention, my RM-Z never started on the second kick. Always first. I'm failing to see why this makes everyone cry.
Grouper
2/22/2022 8:41am
Follow up question: will the magazines be objective or will it still be the red headed step child?
2/22/2022 8:58am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2022 8:59am
Grouper wrote:
Can someone give me a real reason why they need it to have an electric start? More weight, center of gravity height increase, increased chance of...
Can someone give me a real reason why they need it to have an electric start? More weight, center of gravity height increase, increased chance of failure, you have to kick it like you have your whole life unless this is your first year riding.

Not to mention, my RM-Z never started on the second kick. Always first. I'm failing to see why this makes everyone cry.
Despite having a kicker, The RMZ is the heaviest 450.
Grouper
2/22/2022 9:04am
Grouper wrote:
Can someone give me a real reason why they need it to have an electric start? More weight, center of gravity height increase, increased chance of...

Fact, but completely irrelevant to what I posted also.
TeamGreen
2/22/2022 9:07am
Grouper wrote:

That and the electric boys don't seem to spend 1/2 of a heat race trying to re-start their bikes after a crash or stall...Sideways
Grouper
2/22/2022 9:12am
Grouper wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:
That and the electric boys don't seem to spend 1/2 of a heat race trying to re-start their bikes after a crash or stall...Sideways
If only they had a hot start button...
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
2/22/2022 9:31am
Grouper wrote:

for the same reason no automaker sells a car without air conditioning. sure you could live with A/C but no wants to buy a car without.

and even other bike has it now. this is the equivalent of KTM running no linkage
PDUB481
2/22/2022 9:31am
PDUB481 wrote:
Suzuki is making another come back, just like when they signed RC
BobPA
2/22/2022 9:38am
PDUB481 wrote:
They picked the absolute worst time for a come back...
Grouper
2/22/2022 9:38am
Grouper wrote:

for the same reason no automaker sells a car without air conditioning. sure you could live with A/C but no wants to buy a car without...
for the same reason no automaker sells a car without air conditioning. sure you could live with A/C but no wants to buy a car without.

and even other bike has it now. this is the equivalent of KTM running no linkage
It's really not and I'm sad that your brain works that way lol.
Forty
2/22/2022 9:54am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2022 9:56am
Grouper wrote:

I love my RMZ, but I wish it had a e-start. It's not a luxury anymore. Its good tech. It's tech that justifies itself, in spite of the weight.

user760a
2/22/2022 9:59am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2022 9:59am
The "new " Suzuki streetbike models have been quite underwhelming. A day late and a buck short, if you will. A new RMZ would need to be something other than more of that thinking
fourfourone
2/22/2022 10:01am
Grouper wrote:

Someone's still stuck in 2005....
2/22/2022 10:28am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2022 10:28am
user760a wrote:
The "new " Suzuki streetbike models have been quite underwhelming. A day late and a buck short, if you will. A new RMZ would need to...
The "new " Suzuki streetbike models have been quite underwhelming. A day late and a buck short, if you will. A new RMZ would need to be something other than more of that thinking
Yeah, and the RMZ line is pretty recently updated (new in '18/19) compared to the rest of their motorcycle lineup.
McG194
2/22/2022 10:56am
PDUB481 wrote:
BobPA wrote:
They picked the absolute worst time for a come back...
Why do people say stuff like this?

If you haven't noticed, we are in boom times for motorcycles right now.

As far as someone like Roczen not signing with HEP, all it takes is Suzuki to decide they want to back them like Yamaha does with Star. Suzuki isn't some kind of boutique brand, and they sell a lot more than dirt bikes. If you doubt they have deep enough pockets go to their Wikipedia page and look at their income.
AH387
2/22/2022 10:57am
Grouper wrote:

Grouper wrote:
It's relevant as it shows the lack of R&D that the company has put into their machines. So no e-start yet still the heaviest. Probably why it gets handled the way it does in shootouts. The bike arrival timeline has been screwy and the bike hasn't changed, so the outcome is obvious. No one said you can't enjoy your Suzuki. They are great bikes. But they are also behind the curve of development, compared to the other brands.
Grouper
2/22/2022 10:59am
Grouper wrote:

Forty wrote:
I love my RMZ, but I wish it had a e-start. It's not a luxury anymore. Its good tech. It's tech that justifies itself, in spite...
I love my RMZ, but I wish it had a e-start. It's not a luxury anymore. Its good tech. It's tech that justifies itself, in spite of the weight.

How?
2/22/2022 11:02am
Maybe Triumph will be an alternative to Suzuki as Fantic is to Yamaha. I know, call me crazy.
Grouper
2/22/2022 11:05am
Grouper wrote:
AH387 wrote:
It's relevant as it shows the lack of R&D that the company has put into their machines. So no e-start yet still the heaviest. Probably why...
It's relevant as it shows the lack of R&D that the company has put into their machines. So no e-start yet still the heaviest. Probably why it gets handled the way it does in shootouts. The bike arrival timeline has been screwy and the bike hasn't changed, so the outcome is obvious. No one said you can't enjoy your Suzuki. They are great bikes. But they are also behind the curve of development, compared to the other brands.
I don’t have an RMZ.

Still waiting for an answer to my original question.
Titan1
2/22/2022 11:05am
Grouper wrote:

Forty wrote:
I love my RMZ, but I wish it had a e-start. It's not a luxury anymore. Its good tech. It's tech that justifies itself, in spite...

Grouper wrote:
How?
The same reason the e-start on my cars justify themselves...sure, the cars could have a hand crank on the front of the motor, save weight, be more reliable (no starter to go out, and if the battery dies you could still start your car)....but I assume you wouldn't want to go back to that?

Post a reply to: Will Suzuki update the RM-Z in 2023?

The Latest