Will Stark VARG follow KTM's lead RE: KTM Jrs?

Leave Us To
Edited Date/Time 3/5/2022 7:04am
What about some SX intermissions we have KTM Jrs and some we see Stark VARGs? Stark VARG racers could be the five fastests qualifiers from each class (the racers would have raced on ICE machines) than didn't make the night program or the five racers out of the non qualifier group that want to race since competing would be voluntary. Power delivery on the Stark VARG tuned to rider's preference.

Just spit balling.
|
tek14
3/4/2022 12:13pm
Everything is for sale.. KTM pays lot of money to get their PR kids there will take even more to get Vargs out between races.
3/4/2022 12:22pm
What about some SX intermissions we have KTM Jrs and some we see Stark VARGs? Stark VARG racers could be the five fastests qualifiers from each...
What about some SX intermissions we have KTM Jrs and some we see Stark VARGs? Stark VARG racers could be the five fastests qualifiers from each class (the racers would have raced on ICE machines) than didn't make the night program or the five racers out of the non qualifier group that want to race since competing would be voluntary. Power delivery on the Stark VARG tuned to rider's preference.

Just spit balling.
What?
Leave Us To
3/4/2022 12:32pm
I made one edit that hopefully helps clarify. Have a good weekend.
Leave Us To
3/4/2022 12:36pm
tek14 wrote:
Everything is for sale.. KTM pays lot of money to get their PR kids there will take even more to get Vargs out between races.
Excellent point. I heard a figure of 200K and this was some time ago.

The Shop

ArmPumped
3/4/2022 12:46pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2022 12:47pm
I think they should focus on the market that isn’t being served. Fill the Electric 65cc- Super Mini void that currently exists. Kids and families committed to the electric minis would rather move up to what they already know you’d think?
early
Fantasy
2231st
3/4/2022 1:06pm
If the AMA SX doesn't create some sort of electric class/exhibition, the FIM SX will.
Titan1
3/4/2022 1:09pm
ArmPumped wrote:
I think they should focus on the market that isn’t being served. Fill the Electric 65cc- Super Mini void that currently exists. Kids and families committed...
I think they should focus on the market that isn’t being served. Fill the Electric 65cc- Super Mini void that currently exists. Kids and families committed to the electric minis would rather move up to what they already know you’d think?
My son is on a husky ee-5...and I can't tell you how badly I hope a 65 sized electric is available before he's ready to move up. I LOVE that electric mini...everything about it is better than the KTM 50SX he was on before it (with the possible exception of range...but he's usually done riding before the battery runs out anyway)...way better power delivery...zero maintenance...easier to ride, quieter, it's awesome.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
3/4/2022 1:38pm
i dont get why these companies target the older generation first.

basically they are asking me to unload my trusty 450 i've already invested in, which i thoroughly enjoy and love listening to, and turn around an buy an unproven bike that costs a lot more, just so i done have to change oil and filters every week. and if someone saw me riding one at a local park they are going to view me in the same way they always see people on dirt bike, as a menace

but my kids, no one will bat an eye at a little kid riding around on an electric bike. because people wont see it as a Dirt Bike, they see it in the same light as electric scooters, bicycles, skateboards etc. and its small enough they can learn to ride around at local parks.

I just wish the little 50's didnt cost $5k+
Titan1
3/4/2022 2:02pm
i dont get why these companies target the older generation first. basically they are asking me to unload my trusty 450 i've already invested in, which...
i dont get why these companies target the older generation first.

basically they are asking me to unload my trusty 450 i've already invested in, which i thoroughly enjoy and love listening to, and turn around an buy an unproven bike that costs a lot more, just so i done have to change oil and filters every week. and if someone saw me riding one at a local park they are going to view me in the same way they always see people on dirt bike, as a menace

but my kids, no one will bat an eye at a little kid riding around on an electric bike. because people wont see it as a Dirt Bike, they see it in the same light as electric scooters, bicycles, skateboards etc. and its small enough they can learn to ride around at local parks.

I just wish the little 50's didnt cost $5k+
I was just a hair over $6K for my sons Husky EE5...lots of money.

But if there is one thing that will get more kids into dirt bikes, its these little bikes. Half the kids in my neighborhood have been riding it around, and are all asking their parents for dirt bikes now. Some of them have gotten random little electric bikes, because they don't want to spend the $6K on one of these. But I came home the other day, and there was 5 electric dirt bikes laying on my front lawn...my sons little buddies were out riding (there is a lake walking distance from my house, and they were down there riding on the shore and nobody cared). Hopefully some of these kids will stay interested when they outgrow these bikes and stay in the sport.
RaceFace58
3/4/2022 3:42pm
I would love to see the list of ridiculous topics for a thread that was being contemplated when this one was the best choice.
3/4/2022 4:34pm
My kid rides with a lot of other mini riders that have ebikes. Every kid absolutely loves and rides them better than their gas bikes.

But a commonplace issue is you cant just have a single Ebike if they are serious riders. Need multiple bikes and if the sport wasnt expensive enough, having multiple expense ass bikes is. They need to figure out the hot swap battery
3/4/2022 4:35pm
Also a reminder that Stark hasnt sold a single bike yet. Lets not get ahead of yourself

3/4/2022 7:45pm
Why would Stark do that? They will be seen as a joke and an irrelevant machine that wants air time at the supercross if they did. They need to have the goal of racing in the open class in Europe and America against 450's. That's what gives the brand credibility and will create the legion of fans that will buy the bikes. I know I would support it. I've spent my time riding and racing two strokes and four strokes. I want to ride and race the latest technology before I can't ride anymore.
ridermx28
3/4/2022 8:31pm
ArmPumped wrote:
I think they should focus on the market that isn’t being served. Fill the Electric 65cc- Super Mini void that currently exists. Kids and families committed...
Titan1 wrote:
My son is on a husky ee-5...and I can't tell you how badly I hope a 65 sized electric is available before he's ready to move...
My son is on a husky ee-5...and I can't tell you how badly I hope a 65 sized electric is available before he's ready to move up. I LOVE that electric mini...everything about it is better than the KTM 50SX he was on before it (with the possible exception of range...but he's usually done riding before the battery runs out anyway)...way better power delivery...zero maintenance...easier to ride, quieter, it's awesome.
My son was ready for a 65 so I decided to get this big wheel kit:

https://www.juddracing.com/products/evolution-2-judd-electric-big-wheel…

Battery life isn't as good and power is slightly robbed but still a nice option over gas. Now he's ready for an 85 and I'm stuck... Come on KTM give us some options!

Titan1
3/4/2022 9:20pm
ArmPumped wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
My son is on a husky ee-5...and I can't tell you how badly I hope a 65 sized electric is available before he's ready to move...
ridermx28 wrote:
My son was ready for a 65 so I decided to get this big wheel kit: https://www.juddracing.com/products/evolution-2-judd-electric-big-wheel-kit-ktm-sx-e5-husqvarna-ee5-gasgas-mc-e5-orange-blue-red.html Battery life isn't as good and power is slightly...

Battery life isn't as good and power is slightly robbed but still a nice option over gas. Now he's ready for an 85 and I'm stuck... Come on KTM give us some options!

That’s awesome! I’ve never heard of it…another $2k though…so that would put me at about $8k for a “65” 😬😳. But I hate maintaining mini bikes bad enough that if I didn’t need more range for his races (we are desert races and 65’s race for over an hour…and that battery would never make it) I might actually do it. Lol.
tek14
3/4/2022 11:35pm
ArmPumped wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
ridermx28 wrote:
My son was ready for a 65 so I decided to get this big wheel kit: https://www.juddracing.com/products/evolution-2-judd-electric-big-wheel-kit-ktm-sx-e5-husqvarna-ee5-gasgas-mc-e5-orange-blue-red.html Battery life isn't as good and power is slightly...

KTM was coming out with bigger ones 65/85 scale but seems it has gotten pushed for reason (covid?) or another. Production cost of ICE is so low on these and they sell so many replacement parts because they dont last that its better business to continue collect their money. As soon as others come out with their e-5,6,8 bikes KTM will continue with high price 6000$ on e-5.
RaceFace58
3/5/2022 5:59am
tek14 wrote:
KTM was coming out with bigger ones 65/85 scale but seems it has gotten pushed for reason (covid?) or another. Production cost of ICE is so...
KTM was coming out with bigger ones 65/85 scale but seems it has gotten pushed for reason (covid?) or another. Production cost of ICE is so low on these and they sell so many replacement parts because they dont last that its better business to continue collect their money. As soon as others come out with their e-5,6,8 bikes KTM will continue with high price 6000$ on e-5.
There’s another thought. The OEMs make I’d say a huge percentage of their profits in the MX sector on engine parts. That will be gone when we’re all whirring around.
3/5/2022 6:06am
The still go through all the other parts like a regular bike. Motors not lasting incredibly long. 1-2yr life for hard use

Post a reply to: Will Stark VARG follow KTM's lead RE: KTM Jrs?

The Latest