Will Roczen ever win again?

endurox
3/3/2019 12:45pm
New frame for 19, some riders take longer to dial in bike than others. Remember in 15 that Roczen did not have the Suzuki dialed in for almost the entire season. Honda has more resources and expertise than RCH had. I believe Honda will resign 94 for another 2 years but maybe more performance bonuses and less salary base.
BobKerr
3/3/2019 12:57pm
No. I'm not convinced Roczen has it. Baggett will win again before Roczen.
Baggett looked really good last night. It would not have taken much of a mistake from Webb for Baggett to win.
BR8ES
3/3/2019 1:03pm
He will win again, but to what extent remains to be seen. It is very possible that we will be having the what could have been conversation in a few years.
drt410
3/3/2019 1:08pm
I mean Baggett got a win this year and is a top guy after a few years of sliding back.. Ken has plenty of time, hes 2nd in points, and been getting better.

The Shop

kiwifan
3/3/2019 1:29pm
I think Ken is playing it smart, he is 2nd in points, there is still some way to go, I would not be surprised if he starts winning soon.
3/3/2019 1:37pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2019 1:38pm
Nobody got fired? Didn't Honda just completely "restructure" its race team management? Pretty sure that's the corporate way of saying "people got fired".
KTM restructure their management this year too. From your logic I guess that means DeCosta got fired.
3/3/2019 1:38pm
Nobody got fired? Didn't Honda just completely "restructure" its race team management? Pretty sure that's the corporate way of saying "people got fired".
Downunder wrote:
KTM restructure their management this year too. From your logic I guess that means DeCosta got fired.
Let me be more direct: People at Honda got fired.
3/3/2019 1:42pm
Downunder wrote:
Let me be more direct: People at Honda got fired.
Who got fired?
Hcallz5
3/3/2019 2:19pm
He's realized it's better to be up winning top 5's rather than sitting at home on the couch. Kinda like Forkner said in the shootout, you'd hate to push any harder and risk going down or getting injured.
moto0852
3/3/2019 3:45pm
Downunder wrote:
So Rodger getting a promotion and raise with the same company he already worked at and Staff at Honda being told to don't come back and your paycheck will stop is the same thing? O.K.
Frank
3/3/2019 4:08pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2019 4:11pm
OR Racer46 wrote:
I would guess the Pressure from the Honda Brass grows weekly . They paid him to win Races and Championships . Huge respect for Ken but...
I would guess the Pressure from the Honda Brass grows weekly . They paid him to win Races and Championships . Huge respect for Ken but at the end of the day this is Business .
Frank wrote:
Honda has paid riders for the last 16 years and none of them won a title. Nobody got fired.
Name 1 paid Honda rider that got fired for not performing. Ever.

Honda does not care if they don't win. Hell its been 16 years since they won last and they keep showing up.
3/3/2019 4:28pm
Honestly Ken is doing great. Consistently Top 5 and more often than not, Top 3. Sure he’s not winning yet and I’m sure it’s coming soon. He’s just doing whatever it takes to make it to the finish line at Vegas. I’m sure 2nd in points at the end of the year pays more than getting injured early on in the season.

Although there is a little bit of hesitation or extra caution when he’s battling or close to other riders (except for opening laps at Dallas). I think he knows what it’s going to take to make it to the end of the season and he’s doing just that.

To me it just seems like no matter what happens cooper is going to win the title. A couple close calls and even when things go bad for Webb, they’re still pretty good. He caught a huge break when Marvin hit him in that turn after the whoops. I thought they were both gonna go down but coop just kept going.
OR Racer46
Fantasy
843rd
3/3/2019 6:52pm
Frank wrote:
Honda has paid riders for the last 16 years and none of them won a title. Nobody got fired.
Frank wrote:
Name 1 paid Honda rider that got fired for not performing. Ever. Honda does not care if they don't win. Hell its been 16 years since...
Name 1 paid Honda rider that got fired for not performing. Ever.

Honda does not care if they don't win. Hell its been 16 years since they won last and they keep showing up.
I can not think of to many riders from any teams that have flat out been fired before there contracts are up other than Milsaps . Point being is Honda brought HRC back in and wants to get back to Winning . they went after Kenny and paid Big money . and it started out great , Now we are in the 3 rd year and it has not panned out for what they wanted . I am in no way bashing on Ken . just trying to point out That Honda wants to win and its not happening If you think they are cracking the champagne bottle open after the races you are Incorrect . and Kenny is not laughing all the way to the bank . there is a Ton of pressure on him .
3/3/2019 7:15pm
Will Roczen win again? Answer; Yes. Tomac will win too. It’s called racing and unfortunately only one winner per race. Honda and Kawi are both confident and extremely happy both riders have contracts with them. Glad I could help
3/3/2019 8:34pm
Downunder wrote:
moto0852 wrote:
So Rodger getting a promotion and raise with the same company he already worked at and Staff at Honda being told to don't come back and...
So Rodger getting a promotion and raise with the same company he already worked at and Staff at Honda being told to don't come back and your paycheck will stop is the same thing? O.K.
Never said that. Just pointing out a restructure doesn't automatically mean someone got fired and used Decosta's promotion as an example. Sorry you are unable to comprehend that.
MX76er
3/3/2019 8:43pm
str8line wrote:

Hell yes Roczen will win.
^^^^^^^^He is Ken Roczen. He is a winner not a quitter. Of course he will win again. It’s gonna be great watching Roczen in outdoors again too!
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2591st
5/20/2019 4:39pm
So many people forget how young Roczen is... The dudes got time ahead of him. Hes got championships and races waiting ahead of him.

Every one here knows Roczen can be the fastest rider on the track and even mac Tomac look slow.
It just comes down to Kenny keeping out of trouble and getting his health back.

Outdoors is going to be a hell of a series! one of the biggest questions is, How many times are we going to see Tomac "not comfortable" on the bike?

Post a reply to: Will Roczen ever win again?

The Latest