Will RV back it off and protect the SX title

THE_NOOB
Edited Date/Time 4/14/2013 9:47am
Just curious of what Villopoto is going to do from here on out. The Championship is the BIG picture and what counts with all the bonus money and what Wins on Saturday sells on Tuesday for Kawasaki and he's going to be in an elusive club with 3 AMA SX championships in a row. RV could cruise the rest of the races and get the easy Championship with that big of a gap of 21 points and only 4 races left or he can keep going Balls out and put on a show for the Fans who want to see him win and stretch out his points lead, but that's not really going to gain him anything. It get's pretty interesting from here on out, because Dungey and Millsaps HAVE!! to go for it, Villopoto doesn't, but I don't think that's going to slow him down. I think if he gets the Holeshot, he'll push for the win, but if doesn't he'll play it smart and limit the damage and get the points.

Love these Kawi's, makes me want to buy one
|
TerryK
4/13/2013 11:59am
Is this a question or an opinion?

21 points is far from a big gap. On bad race and boom, no more gap. ANYTHING can happen to close that back up in an instant. A 50 point gap is a big gap.
4/13/2013 12:01pm
I think if he gets the Holeshot, he'll push for the win, but if doesn't he'll play it smart and limit the damage and get the points.

I think I agree with this. The big difference being urgency coming through the pack.
THE_NOOB
4/13/2013 12:04pm
Well! that's what I'm sayin, if Villopoto pushes, his chances of having a Crash go up, but if he races 20 laps in his comfort zone there's a lot less chance of something happening. I guess Dungey and Millsaps are the one's who are starting to feel the Heat and urgency of stepping up the pace.

The Shop

TerryK
4/13/2013 12:22pm
THE_NOOB wrote:
Well! that's what I'm sayin, if Villopoto pushes, his chances of having a Crash go up, but if he races 20 laps in his comfort zone...
Well! that's what I'm sayin, if Villopoto pushes, his chances of having a Crash go up, but if he races 20 laps in his comfort zone there's a lot less chance of something happening. I guess Dungey and Millsaps are the one's who are starting to feel the Heat and urgency of stepping up the pace.
That being said, he could also think that it's better to push to open a bigger gap.
THE_NOOB
4/13/2013 12:22pm Edited Date/Time 4/13/2013 12:23pm
What's the matter Cigaro, are you Frumpy again, because your favorite rider isn't winning and RV is. You need to join me on the RV Bandwagon, because I'm on Cloud Nine right now. Life's too short to be living through it Glass half empty and I can help you with your Depression. Do you need a Hug? Smile
plowboy
4/13/2013 12:28pm
I don't think RV even understands the concept of "backing it down". RD = steady, consistent, focus on the championship. RV = push, win every race, focus on the moment. Can't fault either approach...both have been effective. Lady luck usually decides.
Outsider
4/13/2013 12:28pm
Nope.

He said the plan was to keep rolling and slide into Vegas with a cushion.

Don't you often crash trying to ride safe?
TeamGreen
4/13/2013 12:30pm
He'll race to Win Every week.
He'll CHANGE NOTHING.
He'll win or he'll go fast as hell trying.

Bonuses to win races.
Bonuses to win Titles.

He's going to continue getting BOTH.

Title by...Seattle, SLC? ...I'm talking "odds" not Mathematical "Could Be".

It's going to be interesting to see what his "personal services" deals look like over the next few years...you know...Falcon, Thor, GoPro, Volcom, Oakley...etc. I'm guessing those values go up as his "Count" increases...Bonuses for a "Triple Threat"?

Interesting, but, I wonder what his SX clauses are v. his MX clauses?
TerryK
4/13/2013 12:35pm
TeamGreen wrote:
He'll race to Win Every week. He'll CHANGE NOTHING. He'll win or he'll go fast as hell trying. Bonuses to win races. Bonuses to win Titles...
He'll CHANGE NOTHING.

Bonuses to win races.
Bonuses to win Titles.

It's going to be interesting to see what his "personal services" deals look like over the next few years...you know...Falcon, Thor, GoPro, Volcom, Oakley...etc. I'm guessing those values go up as his "Count" increases...Bonuses for a "Triple Threat"?

You sound pretty confident. RV tell you this personally? lol
rcm406
4/13/2013 12:54pm
TeamGreen wrote:
He'll race to Win Every week. He'll CHANGE NOTHING. He'll win or he'll go fast as hell trying. Bonuses to win races. Bonuses to win Titles...
He'll CHANGE NOTHING.

Bonuses to win races.
Bonuses to win Titles.

I wonder why RV hasn't picked up any mainstream sponsors like James, Dungey, and Reed has? That seems to be where all the money is at. Probably not very marketable even with all those wins!Whistling
plowboy
4/13/2013 12:58pm
rcm406 wrote:
I wonder why RV hasn't picked up any mainstream sponsors like James, Dungey, and Reed has? That seems to be where all the money is at...
I wonder why RV hasn't picked up any mainstream sponsors like James, Dungey, and Reed has? That seems to be where all the money is at. Probably not very marketable even with all those wins!Whistling
His agent needs to talk to Gander Mountain or the other outdoor outfitter places. He would seem a great fit.
DA498
4/13/2013 1:39pm
Outsider wrote:
Nope.

He said the plan was to keep rolling and slide into Vegas with a cushion.

Don't you often crash trying to ride safe?
Making the effort to back it down is not the norm and may cause a mistake or put himself around folks that do...
TeamGreen
4/13/2013 1:45pm
TeamGreen wrote:
He'll CHANGE NOTHING.

Bonuses to win races.
Bonuses to win Titles.

rcm406 wrote:
I wonder why RV hasn't picked up any mainstream sponsors like James, Dungey, and Reed has? That seems to be where all the money is at...
You let me know what Falcon or Volcom or Vans are as far as "Mainstream", OK?

Btw, you think the other 2 riders are earning as much as RV?
MXR
4/13/2013 1:53pm
The sooner he wraps up the title the sooner he can put 100% into outdoor testing and setup
rcm406
4/13/2013 1:54pm
TeamGreen wrote:
He'll CHANGE NOTHING.

Bonuses to win races.
Bonuses to win Titles.

rcm406 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
You let me know what Falcon or Volcom or Vans are as far as "Mainstream", OK? Btw, you think the other 2 riders are earning as...

Definitely not Nike, Target, Redbull, or Discount Tire though! Your turn
TeamGreen
4/13/2013 2:02pm
rcm406 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
You let me know what Falcon or Volcom or Vans are as far as "Mainstream", OK? Btw, you think the other 2 riders are earning as...

rcm406 wrote:
Definitely not Nike, Target, Redbull, or Discount Tire though! Your turn
Red Bull v. Monster?

Oh, OK. Team TITLE SPONSORS that're Totally independent of what I was talking about.

I thought the implication was "Mainstream" beyond the obvious Energy Drink TITLE SPONSOR of two of their Teams and a PS sponsor of Chad's.

Sumitomo Rubber Company. Look it up.

So, Americas Tire Store v. Target v. RV's Falken & Volcom deals? Sumitomo is a pretty Huge Company (Good-Year, Dunlop, Falken)
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
4/13/2013 2:12pm
If he doesn't get the holeshoot and he doesn't win then his fans will say he's playing it safe. If he keeps getting good starts and keeps winning than he's not playing it safe...
davis224
Fantasy
138th
4/13/2013 2:58pm
He won't be backing it down, it's not his style. I think the only difference with the gap he has is he will be a little more patient coming through the pack if he has a bad start, won't try too many make or break moves.
Cigaro
4/13/2013 3:00pm
THE_NOOB wrote:
What's the matter Cigaro, are you Frumpy again, because your favorite rider isn't winning and RV is. You need to join me on the RV Bandwagon...
What's the matter Cigaro, are you Frumpy again, because your favorite rider isn't winning and RV is. You need to join me on the RV Bandwagon, because I'm on Cloud Nine right now. Life's too short to be living through it Glass half empty and I can help you with your Depression. Do you need a Hug? Smile
Nah I'll pass. I don't think you left enough room on RV's nuts for another fan... Shocked
RandyS
4/13/2013 4:27pm
If Dungey gets on a good start streak he could easily run the table if RV backs it down a notch, RV doesn't have enough room to let that happen. Unfortunately Dungey is like Reed, and comes on strong at the end of the season. Which is why Reed doesn't have 4 or 5 SX championships. Dungey or Reed, 2013 Outdoor champ, slap it.
S.Loyer
4/13/2013 4:31pm
Why change what's working for you?
4/13/2013 4:46pm
THE_NOOB wrote:
Just curious of what Villopoto is going to do from here on out. The Championship is the BIG picture and what counts with all the bonus...
Just curious of what Villopoto is going to do from here on out. The Championship is the BIG picture and what counts with all the bonus money and what Wins on Saturday sells on Tuesday for Kawasaki and he's going to be in an elusive club with 3 AMA SX championships in a row. RV could cruise the rest of the races and get the easy Championship with that big of a gap of 21 points and only 4 races left or he can keep going Balls out and put on a show for the Fans who want to see him win and stretch out his points lead, but that's not really going to gain him anything. It get's pretty interesting from here on out, because Dungey and Millsaps HAVE!! to go for it, Villopoto doesn't, but I don't think that's going to slow him down. I think if he gets the Holeshot, he'll push for the win, but if doesn't he'll play it smart and limit the damage and get the points.

Love these Kawi's, makes me want to buy one
NO. Some people are born to win, 'backing off' is not in their nature. Simple AS!
observer
4/13/2013 4:49pm
I don't see anybody that has the resolve, attack/aggression and determination that Ryan Villopoto possesses.... Period.

I like my boy Dungey....but Villo is just so strong & aggressive. And he generally gets good starts.
I believe he has raised the bar in this sport.
TerryK
4/14/2013 6:24am
Think he backed off last night?? :D
4/14/2013 7:02am
NO. Some people are born to win, 'backing off' is not in their nature. Simple AS!
Carmichael was born to win and that didn't keep him from going in to conservation mode when he needed to. At some point, it's different for each individual, smarts overcomes the desire to win at all cost every weekend.
Outsider
4/14/2013 7:04am
TerryK wrote:
Think he backed off last night?? :D
No other possible explanation. Whistling
sharkey
4/14/2013 7:45am
he pretty much said in his interview he made a big mistake trying to anticipate dungey. dungey said he rode protective also in his interview the last 3-4 laps
RbR
4/14/2013 9:41am
Hillarious 'excuses' thread ... Here's an idea .. watch the race and get back to us ..
TeamGreen
4/14/2013 9:47am
RbR wrote:
Hillarious 'excuses' thread ... Here's an idea .. watch the race and get back to us ..
Hey, Ice-Fishing-Dude,

Where, EXACTLY, are the excuses?

Or, are you still Drunk-Posting from last-Nite's win?

Here's what I'm thinking, no-excuses:

8 wins versus 2

I'm jus' sayin'...

Post a reply to: Will RV back it off and protect the SX title

The Latest