Will MXGP-TV.com spoil anything??

MW19
9/26/2017 11:50pm Edited Date/Time 9/27/2017 11:07am
Thinking of buying the MXON package but just watching the full moto replays as I'm too big of a baby to wake up at 5am to watch the first moto. I dont want to go online a few hours later though and have the first thing I see is who won the races. Do they typically keep that hidden so Ill be good to go online and watch the replays? Or should I just stay away? I value sleeping in too much and Sunday is one of the only days I can.
|
jemcee
9/27/2017 12:15am
Even though I would HIGHLY recommend watching this event live!! They're normally pretty good for no spoilers.. If the link on the right isn't there anymore just click on 'latest videos' but that's where you've gotta be a little careful haha there's no obvious spoils just a few pass videos or crash videos that can ruin it but the motos are labeled pretty obviously
calcoast
9/27/2017 12:22am
Back when motocross used to be free online I would have my wife go to the Lucas Oil website and click on the full motos page for me. They would always have a video of the podium guys right there front and center spoiling the race for me.

Maybe find someone to navigate the page for you just in case?
Jefro98
9/27/2017 12:53am
When you go directly to MXGP-TV.com you will not see any spoilers or pictures.
Be a bit carefull what you click, there could be a podium ceremonie vid or something.
If you click the replay buttons for the specific races you're good to go.
jemcee
9/27/2017 12:58am
jemcee wrote:
Even though I would HIGHLY recommend watching this event live!! They're normally pretty good for no spoilers.. If the link on the right isn't there anymore...
Even though I would HIGHLY recommend watching this event live!! They're normally pretty good for no spoilers.. If the link on the right isn't there anymore just click on 'latest videos' but that's where you've gotta be a little careful haha there's no obvious spoils just a few pass videos or crash videos that can ruin it but the motos are labeled pretty obviously
here's what I was talking about in 'latest videos'

The Shop

9/27/2017 1:21am
If you plan to watch on the same day, then you will see the links on the right hand side, but if you plan to watch the next day then you've gotta be a bit careful like jemcee said. No obvious spoils but crashes & passes normally.
philG
9/27/2017 2:40am
They are pretty switched on . no spoilers usually.
early
Fantasy
2139th
9/27/2017 3:51am
jemcee wrote:
Even though I would HIGHLY recommend watching this event live!! They're normally pretty good for no spoilers.. If the link on the right isn't there anymore...
jemcee wrote:
here's what I was talking about in 'latest videos' [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/09/27/216903/s1200_01.jpg[/img]
here's what I was talking about in 'latest videos'

I dont know why they put the full replays after the highlight videos, its so stupid. Have a box at the top of the video listing for full replays.
jemcee
9/27/2017 4:16am
early wrote:
I dont know why they put the full replays after the highlight videos, its so stupid. Have a box at the top of the video listing...
I dont know why they put the full replays after the highlight videos, its so stupid. Have a box at the top of the video listing for full replays.
oh I agree I even sent them a message saying that.. They could even leave the links up where the live races are for at least a few more days! I don't think anyone needs to know what times the races are gonna be on the week or fortnight before the race
kkawboy14
9/27/2017 6:53am
I just sleep in and watch the highlights on the home page here! Saves me a ton of time.
Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
9/27/2017 6:57am
No they never do, just go to the right click on the event and scroll down right away and go from the earlier pages and start on the bottom and scroll up.
9/27/2017 10:42am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2017 10:45am
Beware that some of the people here don't quite know what they're talking about. Shocking, I know.

The answer is that spoilers shouldn't be a problem if you make a basic effort to avoid them. The good news is that there are no unavoidable banners across the top saying "Seewer and Cairoli take overalls!" in 48-point type. That said, you still have to navigate wisely.

If it's still race day, you'll see a simple set of links on the right side for the current event that'll give you exactly what you're looking for, such as ...

MX2 Race 1
MXGP Race 1
MX2 Race 2
MXGP Race 2

But once race day has passed, those simple links will disappear (dumb, dumb idea), meaning the race replays are commingled with race highlights. That means you'll have to fish for the race replays among a myriad of video thumbnails that might spoil some of the outcomes. Highlights will have labels like these ...

"Covington crashes out of the lead"
"Kjer Olsen's pass of Jonas"
"Herlings retires with a thrown chain"
"Cairoli's move on Gajser"

You do not want to read that stuff, so you can't browse the thumbnails looking for race replays. But there's an easy workaround: Just do a page search search on the word "Replay." The motos are always labeled "MX2 Race 1 Replay," "MXGP Race 1 Replay" and so forth.

The idiots who designed the interface should have segregated the highlights from the replays, but they didn't think to do that. (As if that takes a UX expert.) If you play it smart, though, you'll be fine and unspoiled.

MW19
9/27/2017 11:07am
Great feedback everyone! Thanks!

Post a reply to: Will MXGP-TV.com spoil anything??

The Latest