Will Kenny be ready to win at A1?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/22/2017 3:53 PM

GarySemics wrote:

I usually don't make comments on social media regarding big questions like this but when I do, I really stick my neck out. ha. ...more

kkawboy14 wrote:

Agreed!

If he wins I will buy everybody here a new kx

Shit if he wins I’m selling my Kawasakis and buying a honda!!! whistling tongue

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

12/22/2017 4:28 PM

GarySemics wrote:

I usually don't make comments on social media regarding big questions like this but when I do, I really stick my neck out. ha. ...more

kkawboy14 wrote:

Agreed!

bvm111 wrote:

Shit if he wins I’m selling my Kawasakis and buying a honda!!! whistling tongue

I might also smile

|

12/22/2017 4:43 PM

yak651 wrote:

Ha, ha, 85%. I think some of you are rewriting history last year. He won the first SX race, 2nd one he had RD on him for the ...more

Yea and were was tomac again 6th and almost 45 seconds behind roczen

|

12/22/2017 4:58 PM

Personally I think some people are a little unrealistic. Man if the guy can go out and win, more power to him. What a story that would be, but really.. whenever anybody comes back from a serious injury after a long time away, they will generally hope for the best and do what they can, take what the night gives them. I suppose that is everybody but Ken Roczen.. because he somehow he is superhuman. Perhaps he feels great and the night gives him the win, but what if it does not? What if everybody builds this thing up and he just is not at pace.. then what? Does he crash again trying to push too hard too early putting him at risk of injury and perhaps further injury. Why all the win or die mentality? Why not just be happy to be there? Why not just be happy to make the main. Sure take the podium or win if that comes, but if not.. how about just a successful night? I just do not agree with the win or die mentality. I think of JS and Canard and think its best to just build the confidence again. The real confidence, not the mouth confidence.

|

12/22/2017 5:01 PM

5thgearpinnedJB65 wrote:

Yea and were was tomac again 6th and almost 45 seconds behind roczen

Guess we just ignore the 14 other races where Tomac was pretty much the best on the gate? wassat

|

12/22/2017 5:04 PM

langhammx wrote:

He's going to be ready, But I worry about him having to stick his arm out in a fall...

i agree with this... his arm might be ready to go top speed again but im worried about it takin a hit

|

12/22/2017 5:20 PM

jorgechavez wrote:

Guess we just ignore the 14 other races where Tomac was pretty much the best on the gate? wassat

No I won't ignore it he was pretty good but no way one put pressure on him all you had was dungey trying to manage a huge points lead and not risk crashing out I mean look at monster cup marvin caught and passed him and he crashed on the easiest part of the track

|

12/22/2017 5:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/22/2017 5:57 PM

BobPA wrote:

How so? All of the riders on the gate have come back from injury, Kenny just decided to document his more.

Im saying top 3 at ...more

I'm thinking the same thing. Top 3 at A1 possibly behind ET3 & MM25. Hopefully he rides a smart race & he lets it come to him. Time will tell.

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

12/22/2017 6:12 PM

First off, the 70s and 80s had so many great racers and Gary Semics was one of the best and most proffessional among them.

Have no idea how Roczen will do but it's pretty incredible he's ready to go at all. I would think the toughest thing will be how that arm holds up. Maybe he can win A1 but can that arm take 16 rounds? Good luck to him.

|

12/22/2017 7:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/22/2017 7:07 PM

As long as Ken doesn’t take him self out AGAIN i think he will be fine by the time summer gets here. I can definitely see him getting a win or two once the season gets going. I think if he stays close til the end it will be a huge accomplishment in its self regardless of what the results are on paper.

If he comes out and holeshots A1. That place is going to explode!!! It is hard not to root for the guy.

|

12/22/2017 7:49 PM

I would like to see him sit out this seasons deathcross and be 100% ready for outdoors. You can tell by his riding right now he’s 75-85% speed wise. So mentally he could be maybe at 50-65% to where he needs to be.

Huge fan either way. Love his attitude!

I don’t think he gains much by racing deathcross this year but he has a lot to lose. If he feels ready and doctors sign off then more power to him.

|

12/22/2017 8:34 PM

I look at his crash last year at Anaheim and 2016 MEC and I worry that he won't have a good setup for difficult rhythm sections. If he doesn't crash it will take Eli or Marvin to outride him, which I think they can if they have good starts.

Going to be epic to see KR race again.

|

12/22/2017 8:55 PM

GarySemics wrote:

Yes

|

12/22/2017 11:19 PM

mark911 wrote:

As someone who's sustained the exact elbow injury (broke radial head), I'd be more worried about his wrist injury in terms of ...more

I broke my elbow 14 years ago and never have been able to fully straighten it since. I never thought about turning my palm up so I just checked and, sure enough, I can't turn it up fully like I can with my other arm. Wow

|

12/23/2017 4:35 AM

GarySemics wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

Agreed!

will u post one to Australia?

|

12/23/2017 5:24 AM

Kawi15 wrote:

Personally I think some people are a little unrealistic. Man if the guy can go out and win, more power to him. What a story ...more

I agree. Just showing up and making the main at A1 is a 'win' in my book after what he has gone through. I think starting with that goal and then setting a higher but realistic goal for each week after makes the most sense.

|

12/23/2017 8:17 AM

GarySemics wrote:

Yes.

|

12/23/2017 8:25 AM

GarySemics wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

Agreed!

Dougy1 wrote:

will u post one to Australia?

Got you covered Dougy! May have to hand deliver it, I’ve always wanted to visit Australia smile

|

12/23/2017 8:42 AM

before ya'll get two crazy, and left not right, too words, RICK JOHNSON, at the time best there ever was but never the same again and finally had to call it quits. Its 50/50 what happens to Kroc. Hope he comes back strong like Tomac did in some time. No use winning the battle and losing the war. Merry MXmas all!!whistling whistling cool cool

|

12/23/2017 9:47 AM

mauidex wrote:

before ya'll get two crazy, and left not right, too words, RICK JOHNSON, at the time best there ever was but never the same ...more

Johnson broke his wrist on his throttle hand though.

|

12/23/2017 9:56 AM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

before ya'll get two crazy, and left not right, too words, RICK JOHNSON, at the time best there ever
|

12/23/2017 10:16 AM

GarySemics wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

Agreed!

I'm in for this. I sure hope a vital post is a legally binding contract :-)

Now to respond to Gary. I agree and disagree.

Kenny can win A1. I don't know if he will but he can.

I always thought racers who win had to be at 100% but that simply isn't true. Was Ryan Dungey 100% mentally last year? Was RV 100% mentally in his last championships?

That said, my money is on Eli to win the championship.

|

12/23/2017 10:33 AM

kongols wrote:

ME, I don`t give a shit how he does. After following his 10+ surgeries, rehab, all them gruesome instagrams, who give a shit. ...more

BobPA wrote:

How so? All of the riders on the gate have come back from injury, Kenny just decided to document his more.

Im saying top 3 at ...more

kongols wrote:

Oh sorry. I thought he almost lost his arm, turns out it was nothing. Ok, carry on.

A while ago I had the same opinion (thought those pictures made it look worse than it actually was) however, changed my opinion over time (his arm still looks limp) Ken is gifted with so much talent he'll find a way to compensate it... So much respect for him, it's been one hell of a comeback story so far

|

12/23/2017 10:53 AM

mauidex wrote:

before ya'll get two crazy, and left not right, too words, RICK JOHNSON, at the time best there ever was but never the same ...more

ATKpilot99 wrote:

mauidex wrote:
before ya'll get two crazy, and left not right, too words, RICK JOHNSON, at the time best there ever

He broke his right wrist in the crash with Storebeck. It ultimately ended his career.

|

12/23/2017 11:02 AM

One things for sure Feld and all the other journalists are gonna media the fuck outta his first race back!
That itself is gonna be hard to block out answering a million questions about his arm and comeback.
If it were me id maybe try to avoid as much of it as he can so he can focus on the race and then open up at the second round or after the race because its gonna be a blitzkreig of people shifting his focus away from the race at hand.

|

12/23/2017 11:25 AM

Lightning78 wrote:

One things for sure Feld and all the other journalists are gonna media the fuck outta his first race back!
That itself is ...more

Yep. 22 thousand times “how’s the arm?” And new format. Top 10 or lcq. Even press day gonna be a pitawhistling whistling

|

12/23/2017 11:28 AM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

mauidex wrote:
ATKpilot99 wrote:

He broke his right wrist in the crash with Storebeck. It ultimately ended his career.

Yeah atk what I said. Left not right!!! If it was he’d be done almost for sure with wrist and elbow issues. Gonna be an added twist to A1 for sure!!

|

12/23/2017 12:14 PM

mauidex wrote:
ATKpilot99 wrote:

mauidex wrote:

Yeah atk what I said. Left not right!!! If it was he’d be done almost for sure with wrist and elbow issues. Gonna be an added ...more

That it will

|

12/23/2017 12:47 PM

All i know is the racing is better to see when KROC is out there, he has that JS7 appeal , he is fun to watch. I hope he takes it easy first few round and be smart, its a very long season.

|

12/23/2017 3:00 PM

If he is top ten, I would consider that an amazing accomplishment and I’d be very happy if I were him.

|