Will Kenny be ready to win at A1?

kkawboy14
12/22/2017 4:28pm
GarySemics wrote:
I usually don't make comments on social media regarding big questions like this but when I do, I really stick my neck out. ha. I've been...
I usually don't make comments on social media regarding big questions like this but when I do, I really stick my neck out. ha. I've been following Ken on Instagram. I also, read his out spoken Racer-X interview where he said he expects to win A1. In my opinion he's trying to do too much too soon. The trauma and stress his body and mind has gone through has definitely taken a toll and it seems his left arm is far from 100%. He needs more time to heal both mentally and physically before trying to get back to the conditioning it takes to win SX races. Ken is a remarkable, outstanding racer, there's no questions about that but he's only human. He's young so he will heal fast but he should wait until the Nationals before returning to the main field. But I know that's the mind of an old guy's opinion. At his age, I can understand he don't want to wait that long. Ok, but don't go out there and expect to start wining SX races right out of the gate. What do you guys think?

BTW...here's a short training tip I posted on my site's Free Riding Tips.
kkawboy14 wrote:
Agreed!

If he wins I will buy everybody here a new kx
bvm111 wrote:
Shit if he wins I’m selling my Kawasakis and buying a honda!!! WhistlingTongue
I might also Smile
12/22/2017 4:43pm
yak651 wrote:
Ha, ha, 85%. I think some of you are rewriting history last year. He won the first SX race, 2nd one he had RD on him...
Ha, ha, 85%. I think some of you are rewriting history last year. He won the first SX race, 2nd one he had RD on him for the entire race and then the 3rd race he augers after trying to chase RD down. Sorry but 85% isn't going to hack it...
Yea and were was tomac again 6th and almost 45 seconds behind roczen
Kawi15
12/22/2017 4:58pm
Personally I think some people are a little unrealistic. Man if the guy can go out and win, more power to him. What a story that would be, but really.. whenever anybody comes back from a serious injury after a long time away, they will generally hope for the best and do what they can, take what the night gives them. I suppose that is everybody but Ken Roczen.. because he somehow he is superhuman. Perhaps he feels great and the night gives him the win, but what if it does not? What if everybody builds this thing up and he just is not at pace.. then what? Does he crash again trying to push too hard too early putting him at risk of injury and perhaps further injury. Why all the win or die mentality? Why not just be happy to be there? Why not just be happy to make the main. Sure take the podium or win if that comes, but if not.. how about just a successful night? I just do not agree with the win or die mentality. I think of JS and Canard and think its best to just build the confidence again. The real confidence, not the mouth confidence.
12/22/2017 5:01pm
Yea and were was tomac again 6th and almost 45 seconds behind roczen
Guess we just ignore the 14 other races where Tomac was pretty much the best on the gate? Huh

The Shop

hyler199
12/22/2017 5:04pm
langhammx wrote:
He's going to be ready, But I worry about him having to stick his arm out in a fall...
i agree with this... his arm might be ready to go top speed again but im worried about it takin a hit
12/22/2017 5:20pm
Guess we just ignore the 14 other races where Tomac was pretty much the best on the gate? Huh
No I won't ignore it he was pretty good but no way one put pressure on him all you had was dungey trying to manage a huge points lead and not risk crashing out I mean look at monster cup marvin caught and passed him and he crashed on the easiest part of the track
H4L
12/22/2017 5:47pm Edited Date/Time 12/22/2017 5:57pm
BobPA wrote:
How so? All of the riders on the gate have come back from injury, Kenny just decided to document his more. Im saying top 3 at...
How so? All of the riders on the gate have come back from injury, Kenny just decided to document his more.

Im saying top 3 at A1. 3:1 odds he wins it.
I'm thinking the same thing. Top 3 at A1 possibly behind ET3 & MM25. Hopefully he rides a smart race & he lets it come to him. Time will tell.
SCR
12/22/2017 6:12pm
First off, the 70s and 80s had so many great racers and Gary Semics was one of the best and most proffessional among them.

Have no idea how Roczen will do but it's pretty incredible he's ready to go at all. I would think the toughest thing will be how that arm holds up. Maybe he can win A1 but can that arm take 16 rounds? Good luck to him.
Sprock3t
12/22/2017 7:05pm Edited Date/Time 12/22/2017 7:07pm
As long as Ken doesn’t take him self out AGAIN i think he will be fine by the time summer gets here. I can definitely see him getting a win or two once the season gets going. I think if he stays close til the end it will be a huge accomplishment in its self regardless of what the results are on paper.

If he comes out and holeshots A1. That place is going to explode!!! It is hard not to root for the guy.
TXDirt
12/22/2017 7:49pm
I would like to see him sit out this seasons deathcross and be 100% ready for outdoors. You can tell by his riding right now he’s 75-85% speed wise. So mentally he could be maybe at 50-65% to where he needs to be.

Huge fan either way. Love his attitude!

I don’t think he gains much by racing deathcross this year but he has a lot to lose. If he feels ready and doctors sign off then more power to him.
KurtJ99
Fantasy
682nd
12/22/2017 8:34pm
I look at his crash last year at Anaheim and 2016 MEC and I worry that he won't have a good setup for difficult rhythm sections. If he doesn't crash it will take Eli or Marvin to outride him, which I think they can if they have good starts.

Going to be epic to see KR race again.
oshow
12/22/2017 8:55pm
GarySemics wrote:
I usually don't make comments on social media regarding big questions like this but when I do, I really stick my neck out. ha. I've been...
I usually don't make comments on social media regarding big questions like this but when I do, I really stick my neck out. ha. I've been following Ken on Instagram. I also, read his out spoken Racer-X interview where he said he expects to win A1. In my opinion he's trying to do too much too soon. The trauma and stress his body and mind has gone through has definitely taken a toll and it seems his left arm is far from 100%. He needs more time to heal both mentally and physically before trying to get back to the conditioning it takes to win SX races. Ken is a remarkable, outstanding racer, there's no questions about that but he's only human. He's young so he will heal fast but he should wait until the Nationals before returning to the main field. But I know that's the mind of an old guy's opinion. At his age, I can understand he don't want to wait that long. Ok, but don't go out there and expect to start wining SX races right out of the gate. What do you guys think?

Yes
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
12/22/2017 11:19pm
mark911 wrote:
As someone who's sustained the exact elbow injury (broke radial head), I'd be more worried about his wrist injury in terms of holding on and danger...
As someone who's sustained the exact elbow injury (broke radial head), I'd be more worried about his wrist injury in terms of holding on and danger of re-injury. Regarding the elbow and my personal experience, he probably still can't fully straighten his arm and there's a high probably he'll never be able to. I know after almost 16 years I still can't. The other typical limitation is the inability to turn the palm up.

I still ride and I don't really notice anything. However, it took me awhile to adjust to my one arm locking out before the other. It's only an issue when your back on the pegs with your arms out straight. One arm (the bent one) tends to pull harder and can throw the bike out of balance.

Hopefully, KR has made the necessary adjustments in his form.
I broke my elbow 14 years ago and never have been able to fully straighten it since. I never thought about turning my palm up so I just checked and, sure enough, I can't turn it up fully like I can with my other arm. Wow
Dougy1
12/23/2017 4:35am
GarySemics wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:
Agreed!

will u post one to Australia?

BobKerr
12/23/2017 5:24am
Kawi15 wrote:
Personally I think some people are a little unrealistic. Man if the guy can go out and win, more power to him. What a story that...
Personally I think some people are a little unrealistic. Man if the guy can go out and win, more power to him. What a story that would be, but really.. whenever anybody comes back from a serious injury after a long time away, they will generally hope for the best and do what they can, take what the night gives them. I suppose that is everybody but Ken Roczen.. because he somehow he is superhuman. Perhaps he feels great and the night gives him the win, but what if it does not? What if everybody builds this thing up and he just is not at pace.. then what? Does he crash again trying to push too hard too early putting him at risk of injury and perhaps further injury. Why all the win or die mentality? Why not just be happy to be there? Why not just be happy to make the main. Sure take the podium or win if that comes, but if not.. how about just a successful night? I just do not agree with the win or die mentality. I think of JS and Canard and think its best to just build the confidence again. The real confidence, not the mouth confidence.
I agree. Just showing up and making the main at A1 is a 'win' in my book after what he has gone through. I think starting with that goal and then setting a higher but realistic goal for each week after makes the most sense.
oshow
12/23/2017 8:17am
GarySemics wrote:

Yes.
kkawboy14
12/23/2017 8:25am
GarySemics wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:
Agreed!

Dougy1 wrote:
will u post one to Australia?

Got you covered Dougy! May have to hand deliver it, I’ve always wanted to visit Australia Smile
mauidex
12/23/2017 8:42am
before ya'll get two crazy, and left not right, too words, RICK JOHNSON, at the time best there ever was but never the same again and finally had to call it quits. Its 50/50 what happens to Kroc. Hope he comes back strong like Tomac did in some time. No use winning the battle and losing the war. Merry MXmas all!!WhistlingWhistlingCoolCool
ATKpilot99
12/23/2017 9:47am
mauidex wrote:
before ya'll get two crazy, and left not right, too words, RICK JOHNSON, at the time best there ever was but never the same again and...
before ya'll get two crazy, and left not right, too words, RICK JOHNSON, at the time best there ever was but never the same again and finally had to call it quits. Its 50/50 what happens to Kroc. Hope he comes back strong like Tomac did in some time. No use winning the battle and losing the war. Merry MXmas all!!WhistlingWhistlingCoolCool
Johnson broke his wrist on his throttle hand though.
mauidex
12/23/2017 9:56am
ATKpilot99 wrote:

before ya'll get two crazy, and left not right, too words, RICK JOHNSON, at the time best there ever
tprice07
12/23/2017 10:16am
GarySemics wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:
Agreed!

I'm in for this. I sure hope a vital post is a legally binding contract :-)

Now to respond to Gary. I agree and disagree.

Kenny can win A1. I don't know if he will but he can.

I always thought racers who win had to be at 100% but that simply isn't true. Was Ryan Dungey 100% mentally last year? Was RV 100% mentally in his last championships?

That said, my money is on Eli to win the championship.
steed 2.0
12/23/2017 10:33am
BobPA wrote:
How so? All of the riders on the gate have come back from injury, Kenny just decided to document his more. Im saying top 3 at...
How so? All of the riders on the gate have come back from injury, Kenny just decided to document his more.

Im saying top 3 at A1. 3:1 odds he wins it.
kongols wrote:
Oh sorry. I thought he almost lost his arm, turns out it was nothing. Ok, carry on.
A while ago I had the same opinion (thought those pictures made it look worse than it actually was) however, changed my opinion over time (his arm still looks limp) Ken is gifted with so much talent he'll find a way to compensate it... So much respect for him, it's been one hell of a comeback story so far
ATKpilot99
12/23/2017 10:53am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
mauidex wrote:

before ya'll get two crazy, and left not right, too words, RICK JOHNSON, at the time best there ever
He broke his right wrist in the crash with Storebeck. It ultimately ended his career.
Lightning78
12/23/2017 11:02am
One things for sure Feld and all the other journalists are gonna media the fuck outta his first race back!
That itself is gonna be hard to block out answering a million questions about his arm and comeback.
If it were me id maybe try to avoid as much of it as he can so he can focus on the race and then open up at the second round or after the race because its gonna be a blitzkreig of people shifting his focus away from the race at hand.
mauidex
12/23/2017 11:25am
One things for sure Feld and all the other journalists are gonna media the fuck outta his first race back! That itself is gonna be hard...
One things for sure Feld and all the other journalists are gonna media the fuck outta his first race back!
That itself is gonna be hard to block out answering a million questions about his arm and comeback.
If it were me id maybe try to avoid as much of it as he can so he can focus on the race and then open up at the second round or after the race because its gonna be a blitzkreig of people shifting his focus away from the race at hand.
Yep. 22 thousand times “how’s the arm?” And new format. Top 10 or lcq. Even press day gonna be a pitaWhistlingWhistling
mauidex
12/23/2017 11:28am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
mauidex wrote:

ATKpilot99 wrote:
He broke his right wrist in the crash with Storebeck. It ultimately ended his career.
Yeah atk what I said. Left not right!!! If it was he’d be done almost for sure with wrist and elbow issues. Gonna be an added twist to A1 for sure!!
ATKpilot99
12/23/2017 12:14pm
mauidex wrote:

ATKpilot99 wrote:
mauidex wrote:
Yeah atk what I said. Left not right!!! If it was he’d be done almost for sure with wrist and elbow issues. Gonna be an added...
Yeah atk what I said. Left not right!!! If it was he’d be done almost for sure with wrist and elbow issues. Gonna be an added twist to A1 for sure!!
That it will
PastranaWho
12/23/2017 12:47pm
All i know is the racing is better to see when KROC is out there, he has that JS7 appeal , he is fun to watch. I hope he takes it easy first few round and be smart, its a very long season.
TDeath21
12/23/2017 3:00pm
If he is top ten, I would consider that an amazing accomplishment and I’d be very happy if I were him.
Motoxdoc
12/23/2017 3:17pm
TDeath21 wrote:
If he is top ten, I would consider that an amazing accomplishment and I’d be very happy if I were him.
If KRoc gets 10th I promise you he won't be happy. His last 3 SX's were 2 wins and a crash while running away with a third. My guess is he himself won't be happy until he wins again. That's how champions like him are wired. I don't expect it to take long either. He was sorely missed last year. Here's to watching that exciting mofo race 2 full series this year!

Post a reply to: Will Kenny be ready to win at A1?

The Latest