Will Kenny be ready to win at A1?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/22/2017 9:50 AM

GarySemics wrote:

I usually don't make comments on social media regarding big questions like this but when I do, I really stick my neck out. ha. ...more

kkawboy14 wrote:

Agreed!

If he wins I will buy everybody here a new kx

Well count me in! haha. laughing

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

12/22/2017 10:19 AM

I agree, too much too soon. The mind is willing but the flesh is weak. I'd love to see him have a nice long career but at this point one crash and it's over.

|

12/22/2017 10:32 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Agreed!

If he wins I will buy everybody here a new kx

ChristopherHitchens wrote:

I'll take a 2-Fiddy

kkawboy14 wrote:

Ok everybody gets all the Pro Circuit bolt ons also!

I’m a big fan of his! I can’t believe he is where he is already. Stewart ...more

Do I have to be in on the thread to qualify for this?

|

12/22/2017 10:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/22/2017 11:12 AM

ChristopherHitchens wrote:

I'll take a 2-Fiddy

kkawboy14 wrote:

Ok everybody gets all the Pro Circuit bolt ons also!

I’m a big fan of his! I can’t believe he is where he is already. Stewart ...more

Lightning78 wrote:

Do I have to be in on the thread to qualify for this?

I think maybe the only disqualifier should be if someone is a KTM guy.......they wouldn’t appreciate the quality, superiority, speed, suppleness, beauty, and chic magnet abilities of going green loaded with Pro Circuit unobtanium products!

|

12/22/2017 10:42 AM

kongols wrote:

Buncha dicks around here lately.

Were some posts deleted? Looks pretty respectful to me.

|

12/22/2017 10:47 AM

It's become so cliche but in Roczens case I think it is the truest sense, "you cant win the championship at A1 but certainly can lose it".

One bad crash and he could lose his career, let alone races or championships. Hope he's smart enough to keep his ego in check, but not sounding like it from interviews and such. He needs to be in the mix for the year!unsure unsure

|

12/22/2017 11:02 AM

I predict 5th-10th place.

|

12/22/2017 11:05 AM

Respectfully disagree. There’s so many riders that race without full mobility in many different limbs, ankles, or wrists. RV couldn’t bend his right wrist for the first few years of his professional career. Also, the doctors wouldn’t let him race if the arm couldn’t withstand a fall over. The bones are all very similar to the strength they once were and would take the same amount of force to break either arm. The only worry is the amount of soreness from the limited range of motion. None of the bones are fused, so the more he rides the more those muscles will be stretched out and the better he’ll be.

|

12/22/2017 11:09 AM

TheOriginalPancakee wrote:

He’s gonna win the SX title and all the doubters will go back into the corner tongue

I will take that bait, LOL. I think Roczen will be 4th or worse in points at the end of the season. I think Eli is going to go on a run at some point in 2018 and wrap up the title 1 or 2 rounds early.

|

12/22/2017 11:27 AM

He will be ready, and I think he'll win.

|

12/22/2017 11:35 AM

no. I really hope he can put in a solid ride and stay healthy. riding laps and racing are totally different. we will hear about chasing bike setup (because we don't practice on cupped out rutted whoops) , arm pump, or riding tight, and i haven't raced in almost a year.. I hope I'm wrong.

|

12/22/2017 11:43 AM

RCB33 wrote:

I'm of the opinion that he will be fast but not as willing to take risks, something that is almost always needed to win races. ...more

Why does everyone keep mentioning Wilson in their posts as a top 5 guy? He finished 8th in 2017 SX. He has shown me nothing that puts him in the top 5 consistently in 2018.

As far as Ken goes, practice is one thing, racing in anger is another. I just don't see him having the grip/forearm strength to run up front for a few races, maybe never. His injury was massive and he had many surgeries that affect your strength not to mention your mental state. He is a strong young man, but there are 30 more just like him on the line.

|

12/22/2017 11:44 AM

He's always been great at A1 and seems to be going pretty fast so I would have to pick him for the win. I also think if he stays healthy he ends up champion but I think that's a big if. The guy's a badass and if there's someone who's going to be ready to battle after an injury like that it's him IMO.

|

12/22/2017 11:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/22/2017 12:02 PM

Falcon wrote:

Cool, I'll take an 85 for my daughter.

As for Kenny, his natural speed at 100% is quite formidable. The question is: how ...more

Yea If roczen is just 85% of where he was last year that is way faster then anyone on the track and 1 of 2 things are going to happen he's going to come out swing and lay it all on the line and win or play it safe and get a podium but yea I pick roczen for the win and marvin 2nd and tomac 3rd - 6th

|

12/22/2017 12:05 PM

langhammx wrote:

He's going to be ready, But I worry about him having to stick his arm out in a fall...

So does Kenny but he's not gonna show that card and admit weakness to himself or his competitors.

|

12/22/2017 12:21 PM

Acidreamer wrote:

Based on the footage i think hes a top 10 guy at the moment. Probably top 5 actually. I dont think hes going to win a1. Might ...more

You got a lot from a few very short handpicked social media clips.

|

12/22/2017 12:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/22/2017 12:43 PM

Wish him well, but the season will be all about the whoops.

Eli, “whoops, the gate dropped”
Marvin, “whoops?, thought it was a mini-rhythm section.”
Kenny, “these whoops are nastier than ever.”

|

12/22/2017 1:15 PM

i played rugby for years , and when someone was coming back from a big injury ,it was an unwritten rule, you had to flatten him in the first few min s of the game . thats why you never ever came back unless you were 100%. ' i know there is a big difference between rugby and MX , but with the way Kenny is acting on social media , i really really won nt be surprised if the likes of Anderson or Barica put him on the ground at A1 . all i know is i would have a total different way of going about it if i was Kenny . He does not need enemy s on the track a this moment more than ever

|

12/22/2017 1:17 PM

RCB33 wrote:

I'm of the opinion that he will be fast but not as willing to take risks, something that is almost always needed to win races. ...more

deluxeman wrote:

Why does everyone keep mentioning Wilson in their posts as a top 5 guy? He finished 8th in 2017 SX. He has shown me nothing ...more

I can't speak for everyone else on Wilson but my logic is that 2017 was a building year and now that he has confidence on his side he could POTENTIALLY reach another level. This is purely speculation on my part though, time will tell.

RCB33

|

12/22/2017 1:40 PM

As much as I wish Roczen to win, im afraid he will and some other people will be disapointed in the end... It's just too soon for the arm to heel and him to come back to 100%. If I don't ride 2 weeks, I need at laest 2 rides to come back to nearly where I was before... Im afraid that after 11 months of not even looking the bike, you can't come back on the same level you were before that quick. And imo the arm is not fully healed.

Just watching the videos racerx posted of Honda sx trainings, he looks stiff and only at like 70% of what he was before the crash.

On the other hand, if I'm wrong, it would be epic to see him pull out a win at A1,

|

12/22/2017 2:06 PM

As someone who's sustained the exact elbow injury (broke radial head), I'd be more worried about his wrist injury in terms of holding on and danger of re-injury. Regarding the elbow and my personal experience, he probably still can't fully straighten his arm and there's a high probably he'll never be able to. I know after almost 16 years I still can't. The other typical limitation is the inability to turn the palm up.

I still ride and I don't really notice anything. However, it took me awhile to adjust to my one arm locking out before the other. It's only an issue when your back on the pegs with your arms out straight. One arm (the bent one) tends to pull harder and can throw the bike out of balance.

Hopefully, KR has made the necessary adjustments in his form.

|

Retired Mechanical Engineer, published technical writer, mscperformance.com, Bisimotoengineering.com,

12/22/2017 2:38 PM

I do not think so. I guess anything is possible, so we will just have to watch the race to see, but I think of 2018 as a building year for Ken. Maybe some riders do not need building years, but I tend to think that after an injury of that magnitude that is what it will amount to for him. Also it might be wise for him to not push too hard at first, and just let things come to him.

|

12/22/2017 2:58 PM

ME, I don`t give a shit how he does. After following his 10+ surgeries, rehab, all them gruesome instagrams, who give a shit. If he`s back on a bike and up front- I will root for a guy. It`s a statement of man`s willpower and determination. There is very few on this Earth like that.

|

12/22/2017 3:06 PM

I like all the armchair doctors here saying the arms not ready. He went to one of the best surgeons in the world and was released to ride even before the end of outdoors. If the doctor didn’t think it could take the abuse of riding he wouldn’t have been released.

|

12/22/2017 3:08 PM

BMSOBx2 wrote:

I agree, too much too soon. The mind is willing but the flesh is weak. I'd love to see him have a nice long career but at this ...more

See, we agree on something else.

Hey kawbro, can I get KTM one fiddy instead of the KX?

|

12/22/2017 3:20 PM

brimx153 wrote:

i played rugby for years , and when someone was coming back from a big injury ,it was an unwritten rule, you had to flatten ...more

I think if someone purposely put Ken on the ground at A1, after what he’s been through, it wouldn’t end very good for them.

|

12/22/2017 3:21 PM

5thgearpinnedJB65 wrote:

Yea If roczen is just 85% of where he was last year that is way faster then anyone on the track and 1 of 2 things are going to ...more

Ha, ha, 85%. I think some of you are rewriting history last year. He won the first SX race, 2nd one he had RD on him for the entire race and then the 3rd race he augers after trying to chase RD down. Sorry but 85% isn't going to hack it...

|

12/22/2017 3:26 PM

If he wins A1, it'll Vulcan mind meld everybody so bad he might win them all.... I don't think he will though.

|

12/22/2017 3:30 PM

kongols wrote:

ME, I don`t give a shit how he does. After following his 10+ surgeries, rehab, all them gruesome instagrams, who give a shit. ...more

How so? All of the riders on the gate have come back from injury, Kenny just decided to document his more.

Im saying top 3 at A1. 3:1 odds he wins it.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

12/22/2017 3:50 PM

BobPA wrote:

How so? All of the riders on the gate have come back from injury, Kenny just decided to document his more.

Im saying top 3 at ...more

Oh sorry. I thought he almost lost his arm, turns out it was nothing. Ok, carry on.

|