Will Kenny be ready to win at A1?

GarySemics
Edited Date/Time 12/26/2017 10:45pm
I usually don't make comments on social media regarding big questions like this but when I do, I really stick my neck out. ha. I've been following Ken on Instagram. I also, read his out spoken Racer-X interview where he said he expects to win A1. In my opinion he's trying to do too much too soon. The trauma and stress his body and mind has gone through has definitely taken a toll and it seems his left arm is far from 100%. He needs more time to heal both mentally and physically before trying to get back to the conditioning it takes to win SX races. Ken is a remarkable, outstanding racer, there's no questions about that but he's only human. He's young so he will heal fast but he should wait until the Nationals before returning to the main field. But I know that's the mind of an old guy's opinion. At his age, I can understand he don't want to wait that long. Ok, but don't go out there and expect to start wining SX races right out of the gate. What do you guys think?

BTW...here's a short training tip I posted on my site's Free Riding Tips.
|
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
12/22/2017 7:21am Edited Date/Time 12/22/2017 7:22am
He's going to be ready, But I worry about him having to stick his arm out in a fall...
ATKpilot99
12/22/2017 7:25am
Remains to be seen but what I got out of his interview is whether he wins or finishes 5th he's just happy to be back racing .
H4L
12/22/2017 7:34am
Gary as an ex-racer in my later yrs. now, I can appreciate his strong mentality & determination to want to win. At his age he is young & somewhat understand where he is coming from. A person who can pick themselves up off the canvass like that & have that mind set will be very positive for him. I'm a true believer in having a strong mind that you'll be able to accomplish things that are not capable for a weak minded person.
Even if he doesn't win he has already overcome a lot in a short period of time. If he does win, that will reinforce what he already believes in his mind. Hoping he does podium at A1...
PRM31
12/22/2017 7:35am
I think he'll be ready, but I don't think 'ready' equates to him being at his best. If he had simply sat out the same amount of time as he did with his injury I would not expect him to show up at full race pace. Adding in the injury doesn't make him faster. Only way to know for sure is drop the gate and race.

The Shop

WCRider
Fantasy
2301st
12/22/2017 7:35am Edited Date/Time 12/22/2017 8:05am
Ready yes, win i dont think so.

Si j'étais bon en Anglais, je pourrais expliquer pourquoi. Le fait est qu'il ne pourra pas à mon avis rouler avec toute l'intensité nécessaire pour être à son meilleur niveau à cause de la faiblesse et du manque de mobilité de son poignet et de son coude. Il ne pourra pas rouler avec un pilotage appuyé et fouetté la moto avec son corps aussi bien que si il était à 100% au niveau du grip sur le guidon, il devra à mon avis faire attention.

Il aura même je pense des difficultés à tenir le rythme et il devra faire attention à la chute à cause de cette faiblesse au niveau de la mobilité de son bras.

Ne pas vouloir brûler les étapes et sur piloter. Le SX est une discipline ou tu dois être à 110% de tes capacités physiques, le moins grain de sable, la moindre gène physique se paye cash.

Si quelqu'un peut traduire, c'est sympa, si pas google traduction Tongue

PRM31
12/22/2017 7:51am
Your English is better than my French. Google Translate worked fine!
kkawboy14
12/22/2017 7:55am
GarySemics wrote:
I usually don't make comments on social media regarding big questions like this but when I do, I really stick my neck out. ha. I've been...
I usually don't make comments on social media regarding big questions like this but when I do, I really stick my neck out. ha. I've been following Ken on Instagram. I also, read his out spoken Racer-X interview where he said he expects to win A1. In my opinion he's trying to do too much too soon. The trauma and stress his body and mind has gone through has definitely taken a toll and it seems his left arm is far from 100%. He needs more time to heal both mentally and physically before trying to get back to the conditioning it takes to win SX races. Ken is a remarkable, outstanding racer, there's no questions about that but he's only human. He's young so he will heal fast but he should wait until the Nationals before returning to the main field. But I know that's the mind of an old guy's opinion. At his age, I can understand he don't want to wait that long. Ok, but don't go out there and expect to start wining SX races right out of the gate. What do you guys think?

Agreed!

If he wins I will buy everybody here a new kx
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
12/22/2017 7:59am
WCRider wrote:
Ready yes, win i dont think so. Si j'étais bon en Anglais, je pourrais expliquer pourquoi. Le fait est qu'il ne pourra pas à mon avis...

Si j'étais bon en Anglais, je pourrais expliquer pourquoi. Le fait est qu'il ne pourra pas à mon avis rouler avec toute l'intensité nécessaire pour être à son meilleur niveau à cause de la faiblesse et du manque de mobilité de son poignet et de son coude. Il ne pourra pas rouler avec un pilotage appuyé et fouetté la moto avec son corps aussi bien que si il était à 100% au niveau du grip sur le guidon, il devra à mon avis faire attention.

Il aura même je pense des difficultés à tenir le rythme et il devra faire attention à la chute à cause de cette faiblesse au niveau de la mobilité de son bras.

Ne pas vouloir brûler les étapes et sur piloter. Le SX est une discipline ou tu dois être à 110% de tes capacités physiques, le moins grain de sable, la moindre gène physique se paye cash.

Si ton message serai pas aussi long je pourrai le traduire mais je suis trop paresseux de plus c'est long à écrire sur un téléphone lol.

What he's basicly saying is in his opinion Ken won't be able to ride at his full capacity due to the lack of mobility and weakness in his wrist and elbow. He doesn't think he'll be able to ride like he used to and throw the bike around with ease because of the lack of grip in his hand and that he should be careful. He also thinks he'll have trouble keeping his rhythm and will have to be careful not to crash because of the weakness and mobility of his arm.

If all else fails use Google translate.
12/22/2017 7:59am
Depends on how well his arm can stay in the attack position Smile (I watched your instructional videos (VHS!) countless times as a kid)
speed_racer
Fantasy
1939th
12/22/2017 8:05am
langhammx wrote:
He's going to be ready, But I worry about him having to stick his arm out in a fall...
You worry about grown men being paid millions to race a dirt bike? Strange
WCRider
Fantasy
2301st
12/22/2017 8:07am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Si ton message serai pas aussi long je pourrai le traduire mais je suis trop paresseux de plus c'est long à écrire sur un téléphone lol...
Si ton message serai pas aussi long je pourrai le traduire mais je suis trop paresseux de plus c'est long à écrire sur un téléphone lol.

What he's basicly saying is in his opinion Ken won't be able to ride at his full capacity due to the lack of mobility and weakness in his wrist and elbow. He doesn't think he'll be able to ride like he used to and throw the bike around with ease because of the lack of grip in his hand and that he should be careful. He also thinks he'll have trouble keeping his rhythm and will have to be careful not to crash because of the weakness and mobility of his arm.

If all else fails use Google translate.
Merci Maverick.
12/22/2017 8:10am
I think he needs gary semics in his program.

Coming back quick with grit and determination is sexy for sure in its appeal. But I think you’re right Gary. Maybe a bit more conservatism on his part will pay out ten fold with longevity of his career.
Acidreamer
12/22/2017 8:13am
Based on the footage i think hes a top 10 guy at the moment. Probably top 5 actually. I dont think hes going to win a1. Might battle eli at daytona. But not a1. Hes not at tomac race pace yet but he will be and it will be exciting to watch them battle it out.
12/22/2017 8:13am
When Kenny lines up at A1, he will have already won, by proving everyone wrong. Everything else is gravy.

I'm not a huge fan of Kenny, but I respect what he's done with his recovery. I just hope he can give at least one post race interview this year where he doesn't blame his arm (or his setup) for not winning.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
12/22/2017 8:20am
langhammx wrote:
You worry about grown men being paid millions to race a dirt bike? Strange
Yes I am. I'm concerned that if he has to stick his arm out to break his fall, it could be a career ending crash. I don't give two shits about how much money he's making or how old he is. Does that make it easier for you to understand ? It's a tough way to make a living, only a small percentage actually make money, let alone millions.....
GarySemics
12/22/2017 8:28am
WCRider wrote:
Ready yes, win i dont think so. Si j'étais bon en Anglais, je pourrais expliquer pourquoi. Le fait est qu'il ne pourra pas à mon avis...

Always like to hear what a Belgium rider thinks. Here's your post Google Translated.
If I were good in English, I could explain why. The fact is that he can not, in my opinion, ride with all the intensity necessary to be at his best because of the weakness and lack of mobility of his wrist and elbow. He will not be able to ride with strong steering and whip the bike with his body as well as if he was 100% at the grip on the handlebars, he will in my opinion pay attention.

He will even think of difficulties in keeping pace and he will have to pay attention to the fall because of this weakness in the mobility of his arm.

Do not want to burn the stages and drive. The SX is a discipline where you have to be at 110% of your physical capacities, the least grain of sand, the least physical gene is paid cash.

If anyone can translate, it's nice, if not google translation
12/22/2017 8:42am
GarySemics wrote:
Always like to hear what a Belgium rider thinks. Here's your post Google Translated. If I were good in English, I could explain why. The fact...
Always like to hear what a Belgium rider thinks. Here's your post Google Translated.
If I were good in English, I could explain why. The fact is that he can not, in my opinion, ride with all the intensity necessary to be at his best because of the weakness and lack of mobility of his wrist and elbow. He will not be able to ride with strong steering and whip the bike with his body as well as if he was 100% at the grip on the handlebars, he will in my opinion pay attention.

He will even think of difficulties in keeping pace and he will have to pay attention to the fall because of this weakness in the mobility of his arm.

Do not want to burn the stages and drive. The SX is a discipline where you have to be at 110% of your physical capacities, the least grain of sand, the least physical gene is paid cash.

If anyone can translate, it's nice, if not google translation
The ending was more like "with Sx you have to be 110%, and without a doubt, the most fit will win the prize." I agree with that, and with your first post, also.
WCRider
Fantasy
2301st
12/22/2017 8:47am
Thanks Gary, i m 100% agree with ur post. Like we said in french :" Il devra prendre son mal en patience." (You just have to take it on the chin and sit tight) and also be smart for adapt his riding with his injuries.

Kenny just need to wait patiently. He can do it.

GL Ken, SX/MX needs you.

Falcon
Fantasy
856th
12/22/2017 8:52am
GarySemics wrote:
I usually don't make comments on social media regarding big questions like this but when I do, I really stick my neck out. ha. I've been...

kkawboy14 wrote:
Agreed!

Cool, I'll take an 85 for my daughter.

As for Kenny, his natural speed at 100% is quite formidable. The question is: how close will he be to 100% after the injury? Is Ken Roczen at 90% still faster than Marvin and Eli? What if he holeshots? What if he starts 10th?

There are too many variables to really call it. I think to count him out is foolish, although I don't expect him to win.
JWACK
12/22/2017 8:58am
GarySemics wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:
Agreed!

I'm holding you to that!!!! Woohoo
kkawboy14
12/22/2017 9:00am Edited Date/Time 12/22/2017 9:05am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Agreed!

I'll take a 2-Fiddy
Ok everybody gets all the Pro Circuit bolt ons also!

I’m a big fan of his! I can’t believe he is where he is already. Stewart would get into trouble when he felt he should be winning and I would hate to see Kenny riding with that panic mode. It seemed like that big crash happened because felt he should have been faster and winning that night. Personally I would love to see him finish about 15th at A1 and improve each week after that, moving forward methodically, kinda like Herlings did this year on the 450. By the end of the year “Full Beast Mode”!

Unfortunately Kenny has already put pressure on himself with that instagram deal!

As much as I hate to admit it, Dungey had the best mindset, take what the night gives, but be fully prepared!
RCB33
Fantasy
139th
12/22/2017 9:22am
I'm of the opinion that he will be fast but not as willing to take risks, something that is almost always needed to win races. Tomac is crazy on bike when he's healthy but Kenny handed it to him when he was still recovering from his shoulder surgery. Now the roles are switched and we can't forget about Marvin, Anderson, Wilson, etc. Who also have had solid 2017's. In conclusion, he will be fast because he's Ken Roczen but putting 20 laps together for a race win at the beginning of the season seems improbable. However if he does do it, a 250f sounds cool.Woohoo seriously though, this is one season with unknowns galore and I can't wait to see it play out!
aees
12/22/2017 9:34am
Kenny can be, if not the fastest, top 3 in timed qualification (usual 100ms +- apply). Can easily pull a holeshot in main and lead some laps. If track breaks down quickly he will suffer both mental and endurance wise and fall back some positions.

The smoother the track, the easier he will have to win.
kongols
12/22/2017 9:40am
Buncha dicks around here lately.
jeffro503
12/22/2017 9:48am
langhammx wrote:
I feel exactly the same. I hope he plays it right.
MBR
12/22/2017 9:49am
I saw him riding, he is ready.
jeffro503
12/22/2017 9:50am
GarySemics wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:
Agreed!

Well count me in! haha. Laughing

Post a reply to: Will Kenny be ready to win at A1?

The Latest