Will Hansen get a ride next year?

Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
Edited Date/Time 4/28/2014 11:39pm
I just listened to his interview on pulpmx for a 2nd time and he really wants to race.

It would be a great story if he could buckle down and train and race 250 west sx plus keep his head on straight, he's still good.
|
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
4/28/2014 5:36pm
He's going to take Barcia's spot on Factory Honda.... They need someone unkempt and ballsy to offset Canard
Dx3moto
4/28/2014 5:40pm
Team Tedder?

The Shop

Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
4/28/2014 6:11pm
MxKing809 wrote:
He's going to take Barcia's spot on Factory Honda.... They need someone unkempt and ballsy to offset Canard
Haha, makes sense.

In Bizarro world, he could race the nationals instead to prove his worth but he's never trained for them. Kinda a one dimensional rider in a way.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/28/2014 6:13pm
It wouldn't surprise me to see him race if he can find something that would pay decently. Otherwise, no.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
4/28/2014 6:16pm
Would a good bike and a 100 grand salary do it for 8 sx's? That might be hard to find but he would get way more exposure for a team than many of the other guys.

We'll see.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
4/28/2014 6:36pm
He almost won a title for Ktm way back when. Would be cool to see him on Anderson's bike.
4/28/2014 7:17pm Edited Date/Time 4/28/2014 7:23pm
The only way he gets a real ride, is if he behaves like he already has a ride...and puts in all the requisite work, and more. End of story.

It is a lot easier to show a team decision maker that you have done the work, than to convince them you will. Ask them to come do a 10K run with you...take them on a 50 mile road ride in the hills and hammer it. Then go out to the track...and hammer out 30 minute motos right in their faces. Do that...and he will get a ride. It is inevitable. Come late Dec 2014...there will be guys cartwheeling themselves out of the SX season just like this year, and rides will open up. Simple as that. If he says "I will do all this stuff if you give me a ride"....he will never get a ride. But if he is in shape, and in form, and killing it...and slots open up...it will be damn hard for someone NOT to pick up the phone.

It is not like it will cost him any money to get in shape. You don't need a factory race bike to practice yourself back into form. I am sure Hanny has enough bros that turn a wrench for him..and will. I am sure he can get a good set of suspension to ride.

Simple as that.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
4/28/2014 8:29pm
he'll find one just watch
I hope so.

If he is healthy, fit and takes it very serious I think he could do good.
stangkag
4/28/2014 9:02pm
The only way he gets a real ride, is if he behaves like he already has a ride...and puts in all the requisite work, and more...
The only way he gets a real ride, is if he behaves like he already has a ride...and puts in all the requisite work, and more. End of story.

It is a lot easier to show a team decision maker that you have done the work, than to convince them you will. Ask them to come do a 10K run with you...take them on a 50 mile road ride in the hills and hammer it. Then go out to the track...and hammer out 30 minute motos right in their faces. Do that...and he will get a ride. It is inevitable. Come late Dec 2014...there will be guys cartwheeling themselves out of the SX season just like this year, and rides will open up. Simple as that. If he says "I will do all this stuff if you give me a ride"....he will never get a ride. But if he is in shape, and in form, and killing it...and slots open up...it will be damn hard for someone NOT to pick up the phone.

It is not like it will cost him any money to get in shape. You don't need a factory race bike to practice yourself back into form. I am sure Hanny has enough bros that turn a wrench for him..and will. I am sure he can get a good set of suspension to ride.

Simple as that.
Couldn't possibly agree more! Very well said, time for him to do work if he really wants it. I think he really does, it sounds very genuine when he says it ... I'm deff hoping for a good come back
dirtnapper
4/28/2014 9:08pm
Not if he keeps eating Mars and Snickers bars...........................................
rubarb
4/28/2014 10:19pm Edited Date/Time 4/28/2014 10:20pm
GuyB wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me to see him race if he can find something that would pay decently. Otherwise, no.
I agree, he can go fast at times. Makes me wonder why he aint doin it on the trrack now?
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
4/28/2014 10:56pm
The real question is, does he deserve a ride?
Juss
4/28/2014 10:56pm
The only way he gets a real ride, is if he behaves like he already has a ride...and puts in all the requisite work, and more...

Simple as that.
Wow you got it all figured out
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1089th
4/28/2014 11:39pm
I hope so........I worked at KTM when Hanny rode for us, he does amazing things on a motorcycle ........if nothing else to see him spin laps, I would be happy.

Post a reply to: Will Hansen get a ride next year?

The Latest