Will Forkner be ready for the 2020 outdoor season?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/13/2020 10:32 AM

Looks like there was some video of Forkner back on the bike again.

Will he race a few motos this year or wait for the SX season?



Video Credit: @mikeforkner213
|

8/13/2020 10:46 AM

he is looking pretty good in the video!

Hope he isn’t rushing the healing process and comes back when ready and not due to contractual obligations.... that being said hope he makes it back for the season as the more riders the better to keep things interesting!

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

8/13/2020 10:48 AM

dayzed wrote:

Looks like there was some video of Forkner back on the bike again.

Will he race a few motos this year or wait for the SX season?



Video Credit: @mikeforkner213

Really happy to see him back on the bike ! I hope he fights his demons next year and crush SX and MX before moving up

|

8/13/2020 10:57 AM

meh.....

|

8/13/2020 11:08 AM

His crash was 7 weeks ago so that makes the 6-8 week recovery time they gave in the PR to be pretty accurate. I know some members on here thought that it was unrealistic and foolish of them to put that in the PR, so I’m just updating the scoreboard.

|

8/13/2020 11:59 AM

At least the good news is that he is healthy !

|

8/13/2020 1:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/13/2020 2:08 PM

Nice... the kid can come off as a prick, and I'll admit that I'm not the biggest fan of him myself, but that crash at SLC took a hell of a toll on his body. It's wild that he's back on the bike riding again so quickly after all that.

|

8/13/2020 1:53 PM

Already on the bike? Crazy. I really hope he is fully healed and ready to race. Regardless on what's going on in his personal life I bet he will take it as a motivation. As I see it crashing away from the SX championship and apparently now splitting up with that chick might be the spark to set fire and come back stronger and hungrier.

|

8/13/2020 2:08 PM

Maybe the author behind ‘Cooper Webb’s Open Letter’ has some words of wisdom for this young man. 😅

|

8/13/2020 2:14 PM

Breaking up with, and not marrying, a monster chick while you're in your early 20's is the best thing that could have happened to him.

Having a nice time with her while she was in her prime is probably in the top 2-5 things that could have happened to him.

This (and all) sport needs a heel, if you will. Someone that is good enough to win, isnt afraid to run it in on someone a litle bit, and is a little outspoken about opponents. I think a lot of people wouldnt act that way (myself included) so you tend to 'not like him' but you have to admit that the sport is better for it and its more exciting when he's out there.

|

Here's to feeling good all the time

8/13/2020 2:57 PM

Where’s the word on the breakup?

|

8/13/2020 3:01 PM

FuzzyLogic wrote:

Breaking up with, and not marrying, a monster chick while you're in your early 20's is the best thing that could have happened to him.

Having a nice time with her while she was in her prime is probably in the top 2-5 things that could have happened to him.

This (and all) sport needs a heel, if you will. Someone that is good enough to win, isnt afraid to run it in on someone a litle bit, and is a little outspoken about opponents. I think a lot of people wouldnt act that way (myself included) so you tend to 'not like him' but you have to admit that the sport is better for it and its more exciting when he's out there.

I agree 100...Maybe a more down to earth chick and not one you meet on the podium...but you will always know when you find the right one.

|

8/13/2020 3:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/13/2020 3:26 PM

He probably dumped her and now she’s trying to make him look bad on Instagram.

Just shows he was better off without her

|

8/13/2020 3:47 PM

Despite what most on here say about forkner, I have nothing but respect for him. Me and my family met him his rookie year at muddy creek. There was no one at his pit and he was having a conversation with his pops after his last practice session. We walked up and stood patiently ( my girls are both big fans). He immediately cut his conversation with his dad and walked up to chat, sign some posters and take pictures with my kids. Whether or not he comes off arrogant or not to a lot of you, it doesn’t bother me at all. I personally like a little arrogance and grit. This is motocross! I hope he does make it out there this season! Get em fork!

|

8/13/2020 3:53 PM

FuzzyLogic wrote:

Breaking up with, and not marrying, a monster chick while you're in your early 20's is the best thing that could have happened to him.

Having a nice time with her while she was in her prime is probably in the top 2-5 things that could have happened to him.

This (and all) sport needs a heel, if you will. Someone that is good enough to win, isnt afraid to run it in on someone a litle bit, and is a little outspoken about opponents. I think a lot of people wouldnt act that way (myself included) so you tend to 'not like him' but you have to admit that the sport is better for it and its more exciting when he's out there.

Yes Wilson, Pieck and Tickle would all agree with you.

|

8/13/2020 5:43 PM

Photo
|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

8/13/2020 6:03 PM

aeffertz wrote:

His crash was 7 weeks ago so that makes the 6-8 week recovery time they gave in the PR to be pretty accurate. I know some members on here thought that it was unrealistic and foolish of them to put that in the PR, so I’m just updating the scoreboard.

The recovery time wasn't the most foolish thing that was in that PR. But that they did like it was just a minor injury was.

|

8/13/2020 7:46 PM

aeffertz wrote:

His crash was 7 weeks ago so that makes the 6-8 week recovery time they gave in the PR to be pretty accurate. I know some members on here thought that it was unrealistic and foolish of them to put that in the PR, so I’m just updating the scoreboard.

MXMattii wrote:

The recovery time wasn't the most foolish thing that was in that PR. But that they did like it was just a minor injury was.

It was the first update we got while he was still in the hospital.

Photo

|