Will Deegan Leave KTM?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/14/2021 6:31 PM

With the Deegan’s being so tied into Monster, with little Deegan go to the RedBull KTM team?

|

9/14/2021 6:38 PM

Little early to be talking factory rides eh? Didn't he just race LL on 80s...

|

9/14/2021 6:45 PM

Ironic timing, they just posted a vid titled "HAIDEN DEEGAN RIDING A FACTORY KTM 250 SX-F!!"

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

9/14/2021 6:55 PM

depends on the election

|

9/14/2021 7:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2021 7:07 PM

I had an opportunity to watch Haiden last week at Elsinore motocross.

He is quick for sure on the straightaways, but his cornering needs to be faster, all of the national pros were eating him up in the turns by a significant margin.

I know he is just starting out on the 250F, he will figure it out...

|

9/14/2021 7:16 PM

Pretty sure he already signed with Star. This was talked about a few weeks ago.

|

9/14/2021 7:22 PM

MX Guy wrote:

He hasn’t, they’ve tested the bike as far as I’ve heard but are exploring all options he has on the table.

|

9/14/2021 7:27 PM

Brent wrote:

He is quick for sure on the straightaways, but his ...more

shocked
|

Hello..Vital?..

9/14/2021 7:31 PM

Brent wrote:

wonder how that would have looked on a 125?

|

9/14/2021 8:02 PM

Wish the best for the kid. He’s got a long, long way to go before racing pro sx/mx. Baring injury he’s on the right path that’s for sure.

|

9/14/2021 8:17 PM

MX Guy wrote:

ML512 wrote:

He hasn’t, they’ve tested the bike as far as I’ve heard but are exploring all options he has on the table.

Intriguing, thanks for correcting me ML. Welcome back by the way.

|

9/14/2021 8:22 PM

We'll race Ryder! We'll get there, we'll race em when it's time!

|

9/14/2021 8:23 PM

Brent wrote:

no fuckin way, the national pro's were faster than the 15 year old whos ridden a 250 probably less than 10 times? Color me surprised.

|

9/14/2021 8:24 PM

Don’t let the feds know we talk about 14 year old boys on this site. I really don’t want it shut down

|

9/14/2021 9:08 PM

MX Guy wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Has he only tested the Yamaha and KTM?

|

9/15/2021 1:04 AM

and you guys freak out over jlaw and js7 fanboy threads....this place is gonna explode over next 4-5 years with deegan fanboys. lol. i can't wait for this shitshow.

|

9/15/2021 1:36 AM

Overcusser wrote:

no fuckin way, the national pro's were faster than the 15 year old whos ridden a 250 probably less than 10 times? Color me ...more

Can sure whip like a pro
Corners for dough jumps for show !!!!

|

9/15/2021 2:09 AM

I doubt it he’s been testing a factory bike this week. And if he did leave I can’t see him going to PC he’s too cocky for mitchs liking

|

9/15/2021 3:48 AM

joshua.cowin wrote:

I doubt it he’s been testing a factory bike this week. And if he did leave I can’t see him going to PC he’s too cocky for ...more

Can’t be any cockier than Austin Forkner. You know, the guy with a “Sex, breakfast of champions” butt patch who proceeded to weed himself out of the championship the same day.

|

Two wheels, tacos, and tubes

9/15/2021 4:25 AM

joshua.cowin wrote:

I doubt it he’s been testing a factory bike this week. And if he did leave I can’t see him going to PC he’s too cocky for ...more

austin_bo wrote:

Can’t be any cockier than Austin Forkner. You know, the guy with a “Sex, breakfast of champions” butt patch who proceeded to ...more

My exact thoughts. AC was cocky at first, now he’s humbled a bit I say.

|

9/15/2021 4:46 AM

|

9/15/2021 5:26 AM

yurcho44 wrote:

Has he only tested the Yamaha and KTM?

As far as I’m aware, that’s it. I heard some rumors a week or two ago about a Honda test but that isn’t happening.

|

9/15/2021 5:40 AM

🤔 Photo

|

9/15/2021 5:46 AM

He will be on a Yamaha, stamp it. If it isn't already the contract is all but signed.

If you think he will be on a Red Bull KTM you really don't understand the Deegans. Brian is loyal and the family brand is above all else. A short term contract with Red Bull would damage the family brand and it just isn't worth it. Because Brian is loyal they are giving KTM everything until this contract is over.

|

9/15/2021 6:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2021 6:50 AM

austin_bo wrote:

Can’t be any cockier than Austin Forkner. You know, the guy with a “Sex, breakfast of champions” butt patch who proceeded to ...more

I agree...he was a bit more than I have a taste for personally, for quite a bit...although his speed & talent is hard to argue with. His propensity for hitting the deck has kept him back from his potential, but it seems to have been a great tool to induce humility as well. The last post-race interview with Weege I saw him in showed me a "new" AF...very humble, and respectful of those around him...much more mature. I think that'll translate to his success on the track in 2022.

Deegan's young, talented and fast...and cocky. It comes with age. His Dad was the same. A lot of that will wear off as he faces real competition.

|

9/15/2021 6:54 AM

McG194 wrote:

He will be on a Yamaha, stamp it. If it isn't already the contract is all but signed.

If you think he will be on a Red Bull ...more

I feel like this is spot-on. Of course I don't actually know but just reading between the lines and observing how Brian operates. And I respect that. Like he mentioned on Gypsy, regardless of what happens, they honored their KTM contract and he's done the best that they can for KTM. And it's a good bet that between Brian himself and the 2 kids, they sold a lot of KTMs of all sizes.

|

9/15/2021 7:01 AM

McG194 wrote:

If you think he will be on a Red Bull ...more

As of the second Pala National, they were holding meetings with other OEMs still. I'm not saying he couldn't end up Yamaha but I'm just saying there's other options on the table they're exploring (as they should).

|

9/15/2021 7:27 AM

austin_bo wrote:

Not sure you're aware but that butt patch was paying homage to James Hunt. He used to wear that patch on his racing suit.

|

9/15/2021 7:38 AM

DA498 wrote:

Photo

is that a Dungey mannequin?

|

21 TC125
09 CR500AF
08 Ducati Hypermotard
03 CR125
05 YZ125
95 CR250