Will Christien's voice/accent...

7/3/2022 11:46am
Magoofan wrote:
Dahlgren was incredible at her job. ...and it had nothing to do with her fine looks.

She made a lot of mistakes on the mic, people here bitched about her every single weekend, hell I might have too, but then when the next miss supercross came along (can't even remember her name) we realised Diana wasn't so bad after all.

We should appreciate the fact that someone as professional as Will is in our sport, she's not Jenny Taft but she still does a damn good job and makes the sport look good.
Hoseclamp
Fantasy
658th
7/4/2022 5:02am Edited Date/Time 7/4/2022 5:04am
m21racing wrote:
I think she do 👌
I really laughed at this. 👌 In some cultures that is the symbol for "anal". Nor sure what that means to a Brit like her, but depending on how adventurous she is you might get a little more than you bargained for!

The Shop

trsixy
7/4/2022 6:28am
Looks great in a bathing suit. Otherwise very average looking, nothing special.
Mavetism
7/4/2022 6:30am
trsixy wrote:
Looks great in a bathing suit. Otherwise very average looking, nothing special.
Ok but this thread is about Will Christien, not about you. Tongue
number six
7/4/2022 7:06am
Will Christien is as complete an argument as one could conjure in support of the premise that muteness is a highly desirable genetic trait.
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
7/4/2022 7:54am
She made a lot of mistakes on the mic, people here bitched about her every single weekend, hell I might have too, but then when the...
She made a lot of mistakes on the mic, people here bitched about her every single weekend, hell I might have too, but then when the next miss supercross came along (can't even remember her name) we realised Diana wasn't so bad after all.

We should appreciate the fact that someone as professional as Will is in our sport, she's not Jenny Taft but she still does a damn good job and makes the sport look good.
Respectfully disagree on her being professional. She's just not very good at what she does in my book.

Ashley Reynard was way better than Will...I wish they had kept her on.

...and yeah, Jenny Taft set the bar.
7/4/2022 8:11am
Maybe if she could just get away from saying, "I was talking to (insert name of rider or team) before the race and..." every single time...
Maybe if she could just get away from saying, "I was talking to (insert name of rider or team) before the race and..." every single time they let her speak, that would help.
Sully wrote:
That’s literally why she’s there, though. Talking to the riders and teams is what she does. Would you prefer it if she said, “Just throwing out...
That’s literally why she’s there, though. Talking to the riders and teams is what she does. Would you prefer it if she said, “Just throwing out a guess here, but…” That’s what this place is for.
tobz wrote:
It’s just the way that she does it though, like the “discussion” she had with the rider was a huge revelation, every time. “AND HE TOLD...
It’s just the way that she does it though, like the “discussion” she had with the rider was a huge revelation, every time.

“AND HE TOLD ME”

Grinds my gears too.

She’s great on the podium though, leave her there.
Agreed. We know where you got the information, just make the statement and be done with it. I often mute it when she comes on.
mimafia
Fantasy
2688th
7/4/2022 8:18am
No qualms here. She doesn't need to know what's going on on the track from a racer's perspective. That's not her job. Bonus points that she was a professional wakeboarder.
brocster
7/4/2022 8:50am
Sully wrote:
That’s literally why she’s there, though. Talking to the riders and teams is what she does. Would you prefer it if she said, “Just throwing out...
That’s literally why she’s there, though. Talking to the riders and teams is what she does. Would you prefer it if she said, “Just throwing out a guess here, but…” That’s what this place is for.
tobz wrote:
It’s just the way that she does it though, like the “discussion” she had with the rider was a huge revelation, every time. “AND HE TOLD...
It’s just the way that she does it though, like the “discussion” she had with the rider was a huge revelation, every time.

“AND HE TOLD ME”

Grinds my gears too.

She’s great on the podium though, leave her there.
Markturbo wrote:
Agreed. We know where you got the information, just make the statement and be done with it. I often mute it when she comes on.
Correct. Pit reporting is her job everyone should know that she did her homework on what she is about to say no need to lead into with the same shit time after time. She is a professional on a Global platform and should not be spreading rumors or speculation. It’s just way too many words for what she wants to say, that is all.
McG194
7/4/2022 9:27am
Funny, people bitch about her saying "So and so told me..." but I just heard JT last night saying that he liked that technique and was watching her closely to learn how to do the job better. When you think about it, it is a much more efficient way of doing the job. JT says he stands around for a lap sometimes waiting to go on camera with the interviewee. Why not ask off camera and be ready whenever they go to you?
motoman617
7/4/2022 9:59am
Her or anybody else with an accent doesn’t bother me at all. I like Will. She looks like she enjoys what she is doing. Only thing that I would suggest for Will is to make her questions more succinct. Her questions seem to drag out forever.

As long as they keep showing the action and just do voice overs for any pit reporter “updates” they don’t bother me. No need to cut away from the action for those type of things.

The broadcast has a lot more problems than the pit reporters.

TerryB
7/4/2022 10:54am
She made a lot of mistakes on the mic, people here bitched about her every single weekend, hell I might have too, but then when the...

Magoofan wrote:
Respectfully disagree on her being professional. She's just not very good at what she does in my book. Ashley Reynard was way better than Will...I wish...
Respectfully disagree on her being professional. She's just not very good at what she does in my book.

We may have have some disagreement regarding Will, but we could not do better than Ashley Reynard right now. She is exactly the kind of individual we need: Professional enough, without the broadcasting career background, but superior knowledge and familiarity with our sport. I really enjoy her performances.
johnk408
7/4/2022 12:39pm
TerryB wrote:
We may have have some disagreement regarding Will, but we could not do better than Ashley Reynard right now. She is exactly the kind of individual...
We may have have some disagreement regarding Will, but we could not do better than Ashley Reynard right now. She is exactly the kind of individual we need: Professional enough, without the broadcasting career background, but superior knowledge and familiarity with our sport. I really enjoy her performances.
Let's not forget Georgia Lindsay or Mrs. Ronnie Mac or Georgia Albertson or whatever her name would be now. I think they split, so I guess back to Lindsay. Checks all the boxes of this thread, knowledge, looks and accent.
Big Lenny
7/4/2022 4:52pm
Ya'll whine about everything..I got no problem with her..I treat her like ever other woman..I don't listen...Dry
bichwolf
7/4/2022 6:56pm
I have no idea what she is saying...ever.
Sully
7/4/2022 7:04pm

Magoofan wrote:
Respectfully disagree on her being professional. She's just not very good at what she does in my book. Ashley Reynard was way better than Will...I wish...

How was Ashley Reynard better than Will? Most people's problem with Will seems to be her lead-in (I was talking with the team/rider/mechanic), but Ashley literally said the same thing minus the accent. This isn't a hit on Ashley, either. I thought she did a great job, same as Will.
swe292
7/4/2022 11:34pm
Honestly she’s never once bothered me lol. Seems to always provide some sort of insight. Y’all are acting like she’s Ralph shaheen or something.
Steve125
Fantasy
2787th
7/5/2022 5:50am
I think she does a good job. Also have no problem with her voice or accent. She is a little "wordy' getting to her point, but so is my girlfriend. I guess I'm use to it.
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
7/5/2022 6:18am
bichwolf wrote:
I have no idea what she is saying...ever.
You might be developmentally disabled.
Leave Us To
7/5/2022 7:06am
McG194 wrote:
Funny, people bitch about her saying "So and so told me..." but I just heard JT last night saying that he liked that technique and was...
Funny, people bitch about her saying "So and so told me..." but I just heard JT last night saying that he liked that technique and was watching her closely to learn how to do the job better. When you think about it, it is a much more efficient way of doing the job. JT says he stands around for a lap sometimes waiting to go on camera with the interviewee. Why not ask off camera and be ready whenever they go to you?
JT doesn't ramble on like Will does and I don't hit the mute button when JT speaks either.

To each their own.
whethefakawe
7/5/2022 12:53pm
Haha......seems about 50% do it........ I hit mute every time they "cut" to her, leave it quiet for 7 laps or so and when I unmute she's still babbling.............and saying nothing.

Smooth accent, but her screechy voice and long-winded babbling is extremely irritating. Why do these TV channels bring in outsiders who know nothing about MX? Same with Lee Biffy.....who the feck is he anyways? Smooth talker, but doesn't know anything about MX either. Late-night TV blender salesman type.

Do they think a female with an accent will suddenly attract half the world's population to watch MX? Ain't happenin', Paco.....a population welded to their couches watching "sports" like cornhole (cue Beavis) .....carp fishing (now THERE's a spectator sport for you) ...or hot dog eating.... ain't switching channels because she's on. She's not nearly naked enough Laughing

This Will was previously a snowboarding commentator or something..... just another TV muppet yappin' about something they know nothing about, dumbing down MX/SX, we don't need that. Somebody who hasn't actually RACED MX for a while, or even ridden dirtbikes extensively, has NO business commenting about it in public. You don't see this Will or Lee Biffy ......or Ralphie Sheheen Laughing commentating at Wimbledon, do you?

Much rather listen to Bailey, Langston, Glover, Emig..............even Weege, and RC.........if he dials down the bubba sayings a few notches Laughing /

Falcon
Fantasy
856th
7/5/2022 1:36pm
Will is hot, her accent is hot, and you guys are looking for something to bitch about.
LoudLove
7/5/2022 2:13pm
One thing is certain: any cut to Will immediately results in a critical on-track pass displayed in small window on the lower-right corner of my screen…
Big Lenny
7/5/2022 7:44pm
I'd like to hear you AssJack downvoter's on the mic...Dry
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1666th
7/5/2022 8:27pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2022 8:28pm
In a bar scene over beer, yes sexy, in the middle of the moto trying to talk over all the action, very distracting IMO. Put her in picture in picture and lower the race audio so I can her!
Leave Us To
7/6/2022 5:24am Edited Date/Time 7/6/2022 5:27am
Big Lenny wrote:
I'd like to hear you AssJack downvoter's on the mic...Dry
Way to miss the point. No one is saying they could do it better just that some of us don't like her accent and going on and on. Run her segments during the broadcast but I don't need to see or hear her duing the mains.

Post a reply to: Will Christien's voice/accent...

The Latest