Will Anderson Be Smart Enough

2/12/2018 7:21pm
To not race Tomac?

Say Tomac gets his shit together and starts getting out front, how hard do you think Anderson races him for the lead?

We all saw what Tomac did to Dungey last year in Vegas trying to hold him up and bunch up the pack, does Tomac try the same thing with Anderson?
|
Lucifa.
2/12/2018 7:28pm Edited Date/Time 2/12/2018 7:29pm
Markturbo wrote:
To not race Tomac? Say Tomac gets his shit together and starts getting out front, how hard do you think Anderson races him for the lead...
To not race Tomac?

Say Tomac gets his shit together and starts getting out front, how hard do you think Anderson races him for the lead?

We all saw what Tomac did to Dungey last year in Vegas trying to hold him up and bunch up the pack, does Tomac try the same thing with Anderson?
I don't know. moto bros ain't known for their brains man.
2/12/2018 7:30pm
I think Anderson will go for the win no matter what, it's just his style.
2/12/2018 7:30pm
Markturbo wrote:
To not race Tomac? Say Tomac gets his shit together and starts getting out front, how hard do you think Anderson races him for the lead...
To not race Tomac?

Wasn't Tomac racing for a championship last year?
2/12/2018 10:19pm
I think Ando is gonna race his own race, every time, no matter what.

It just happens that when he does that, he’s still faster, more composed, and in better situations than the rest of the field.

The Shop

Gus
2/12/2018 11:00pm
The more I think about it the more it surprised me to see JA push so hard against Roczen at Oakland, given how sketchy the track was and the day he was having. Dungy would’ve taken that 2nd all day.
hamncheeze
2/12/2018 11:12pm Edited Date/Time 2/12/2018 11:15pm
I think he races for the win most nights. It’s in his blood. Honestly I think even if Eli had no problems this year JA21 is at least his match. Look at his riding right now. He’s ripping fast in the corners, great in the rhythms, and good enough in the whoops. He’s only weakness is starts but he seems a bit better there too. I really think he’s on another level from previous years. Plus he has that aggressive streak on top of it all. His riding package right now reminds me of RV at his best.
WCRider
Fantasy
2234th
2/12/2018 11:22pm
same.
mxracer816
Fantasy
2838th
2/13/2018 4:51am Edited Date/Time 2/13/2018 4:52am
My guess is he wants to win. Period. He looks good right now, and will be hard to beat regardless.
mxtech1
2/13/2018 5:01am
He's racing every night for 10's of thousands in win bonuses from his contract.

Until the championship is mathematically clinched, he shouldn't back off for anyone.
Gus
2/13/2018 5:05am
mxtech1 wrote:

Until the championship is mathematically clinched, he shouldn't back off for anyone.
Indeed. Good point
2/13/2018 6:32am
I used to hate when Dungey went into championship mode, but in all reality it was genius. I have a feeling Anderson is going to ride his ass off and I hope that doesn’t spell disaster for him. Bubba was never content to just win or place well. He wanted to lap the field and win at all cost and that didn’t translate into championships, only injuries and missed time. I’m a big Anderson fan and I hope he holds it together!
captmoto
2/13/2018 7:23am
Anderson would have punted Tomac for playing stupid like that. If Anderson wants by he'll go by or go through. I tink Tomac knows that too.
davistld01
2/13/2018 7:26am
He's been quoted as saying, "It's just not in me to be patient". That might bite him before long.
aroark247
2/13/2018 7:47am
mxtech1 wrote:

Gus wrote:
Indeed. Good point
More like $100,000 from OEM for a 450 main event
TXDirt
2/13/2018 8:27am
A racer should race to win. That's what you line up for. Anderson just needs to keep doing what he's doing. If you start trying to "manage" the championship then you are going to falter. I mean Eli barely won the motocross championship because he stopped trying to win the race and just went into prevent defense mode. He stopped doing the very thing that got him into the points lead and he very nearly lost it at the end because of it.
agn5009
2/13/2018 10:23am
He's racing for the championship and wins. He gets a nice bonus for wins and a very nice bonus for the championship.

I'm critical of Eli, but I have no doubt in my mind he wont mess with Anderson or any of the other contenders. Eli is already eliminated from championship contention. Eli will go out and try to win as many races as he can but he's not going to try and "bunch him up" because why would he?
TeamGreen
2/13/2018 11:06am
captmoto wrote:
Anderson would have punted Tomac for playing stupid like that. If Anderson wants by he'll go by or go through. I tink Tomac knows that too.
This.

And...

Do you have any idea how much MORE a “Win” pays versus 2nd or 3rd at a Supercross at this level?
The point: Jason’s paid to W I N.
If someone wants to get between Jason and “his paper”? That’s on the dumb-ass that got in the way at the end of the night.
I think people need to realize that El Hombré knows how to bang bars with the best of them. El Hombré is a Bad Hombré.
deluxeman
2/13/2018 11:37am
Anderson doesn’t strike me as a “Thinking Mans Racer” like Dungey. I think he is smarter than Stewart, just because of Dungey’s influence. Maybe not though. He is a scrapper and may not have an on/off switch like Dungey had.

Maybe if he is leading the points by a bunch near the end of the season he will switch into Championship mode, maybe not though. Lots of racing left, it’s gonna be fun to watch!!!
kiwifan
2/13/2018 12:34pm
Anderson is on fire, he will want to win plus he is paid to win, I dont think he will hold back at all.
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
2/13/2018 1:06pm
Agreed (with everyone who posted in this thread) that Jason comes to win, 2nd is the 1st loser.

There’s 11 rounds left ($1.1M Minimum) in win bonuses from Husky, not to mention his other sponsors.
I’m don’t see him backing down one bit, until the Vegas checkers fly.
huckabuck
2/13/2018 1:43pm
He took out a-ray in practice. Marv is gunning for him. It sounds like Baggett won’t hesitate to be aggressive. He is certainly not making friends out there. Based on what he’s done in past years, as well as this year, I have yet to see a smart JA.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2511th
2/13/2018 3:28pm
i hope not. this sport has been plagued for the last 25 years with riders being too consistent and dominant.(MC2, RC4, RV2 RD5) between those 4 they have all but 5 titles since 1993.

hopefully the current crop of 450 that moved up in the last 8 years keeps providing the same inconsistency they exuded on 250s.

Nearly all the 250 winners since 2011 have won more than one title and if they did, it wasnt back to back.
Ebs
2/13/2018 3:31pm
Race Tomac to the pits with a race going on?

ducksforcover
2/13/2018 4:12pm
So if Anderson does win the title. Does he get an asterisk next to his title? With Musquin, Tomac and Roczen all missing rounds with injuries, the title was just handed to him, right?

Where are all the Dungey asterisk people at?

Phantom 661
2/13/2018 6:43pm
Will Ando be smart enough? It's hard to say but he's sure been doing something right these last 6 rounds. There's times I swear he's going to loop that bike out. He looked pretty damn confident to me after taking the checkers again last week. He knows he's put himself in a great position points wise and he also knows it's very early still. I'm hoping he can pull off the championship. However, I have little confidence at this point that he has Dungey's management and damage control smarts. What a rider though! Go Anderson!
Katoomey
2/13/2018 6:45pm
So if Anderson does win the title. Does he get an asterisk next to his title? With Musquin, Tomac and Roczen all missing rounds with injuries...
So if Anderson does win the title. Does he get an asterisk next to his title? With Musquin, Tomac and Roczen all missing rounds with injuries, the title was just handed to him, right?

troll...
hamncheeze
2/13/2018 6:50pm
Dungey's whole career has an asterisk next to it, because he could never beat a healthy RV. I learned that on Vital.
Fourth_Floor
2/13/2018 7:02pm
Jason Anderson is a spectacle to watch. I think the fans need a break from the ultra consistent, big picture, Dungey-esque mentality. This dude is either going to win or crash trying.

Remember last year at the nationals when Herlings came over? Eli was racing him hard the first moto. I mean he looked like a fucking American superhero out there ripping after the foreigner until he crashed and then presumed to just cruise around and think big picture in moto 2 and Herlings came around, did some hand gesture towards him over a jump and basically made him his bitch on national television.

Anderson seems to put personal pride over "the big picture" and that is beyond respectable and I wish that dude would represent the U.S in every MXON until he retires.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an Eli fan as well. Just seems like he is confused as to whether he should ride like Anderson or try to ride like Dungey. When that dude is on he's like a freight train.
2/13/2018 7:13pm
So if Anderson does win the title. Does he get an asterisk next to his title? With Musquin, Tomac and Roczen all missing rounds with injuries...

No way. Cause he was already arguably the fastest guy. Not his fault they couldnt stay healthy, one could argue his pressure caused their crashes/injury.

Asterix's started (and were deserved) when Reed & Stewart couldnt beat RC straight up.

Not sure why Dungey was ever deserving of a asterix. He beat Bubba. He pressured RV into mistakes. Dungey's titles were legit.

Post a reply to: Will Anderson Be Smart Enough

The Latest