Will Alta's be allowed at Straight Rythem?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/24/2018 2:34 PM

curious

|

9/24/2018 2:37 PM

2 smokes only

|

2009 RMZ 250 (sold)
2004 LTZ 400
#nukethequads

9/24/2018 2:40 PM

Marty1028 wrote:

2 smokes only

Alta is allowed at Straight Rhythm.

|

9/24/2018 2:40 PM

If you mean straight rhythm, no. Two strokes only!

|

9/24/2018 2:41 PM

Really? Nice!

|

9/24/2018 2:42 PM

akmx17 wrote:

curious

Josh Hill rode one 2 years ago against the 250's but this year is 2 strokes only.

This year's event is really shaping up to be great.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

9/24/2018 2:50 PM

Marty1028 wrote:

2 smokes only

ML512 wrote:

Not this year. Not according to Red Bull.

Photo
Photo

Still haven't answered who's riding for team Vital.

|

9/24/2018 3:33 PM

Alta has been invited and is currently talking to a few riders.

|

9/24/2018 3:35 PM

Marty1028 wrote:

2 smokes only

ML512 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Photo
Photo

I've had two riders fall through...

And I've been talking to the staff of the event, Alta has been invited.

|

9/24/2018 3:40 PM

ML512 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Photo
Photo

ML512 wrote:

Well, if you are still looking for a ride wink

Can't promise I'd do all that well, but I'd definitely try! laughing

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

9/24/2018 4:02 PM

ML512 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Photo
Photo

ML512 wrote:

1- That sucks. Any other riders in your back pocket or will we see you line up? w00t

2- That's straight up BS.

|

9/24/2018 4:04 PM

ML512 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Photo
Photo

ML512 wrote:

Heard nico izzi needs some cash?

|

9/24/2018 4:09 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

1- That sucks. Any other riders in your back pocket or will we see you line up? w00t

Why's it BS? They literally showed the Alta in their first promo.

|

9/24/2018 4:24 PM

ML512 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

ML512 wrote:

I know it was shown in the video but then it was announced that it would be 2 strokes only which a lot of people were looking forward to. Going back on their word sucks.

Hopefully they won't be lining up againt the 125's because that will be major BS after having them line up against the 250's in previous events.

Alta should have their own class.

|

9/24/2018 4:27 PM

Marty1028 wrote:

2 smokes only

ML512 wrote:

I want a speaker on the Alta's so it sounds like a two stroke. Prefer real old school air cooled sound. Then it's OK.

|

9/24/2018 4:40 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I know it was shown in the video but then it was announced that it would be 2 strokes only which a lot of people were looking forward to. Going back on their word sucks.

Hopefully they won't be lining up againt the 125's because that will be major BS after having them line up against the 250's in previous events.

Alta is only allowed in the 250 class and Red Bull's goal with the event this year is to make it fun. The Alta was a big hit last year and the titling of some PRs may have miss-represented it. The Alta has been allowed in the whole time, it was more of "NO Four Strokes" this year than anything.

|

9/24/2018 5:37 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

I can't guarantee a race win, but you can be damn sure I'll have the practice win in the bag.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

9/24/2018 5:38 PM

ML512 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Curious as well why this is BS? The Alta makes zero noise and will take nothing away from the event so you should still be able to cum to your 2-stroke sounds.

|

9/24/2018 5:44 PM

The press release is innaccurate. What if someone shows up on an EFI 2 stroke?

|

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

9/24/2018 5:55 PM

Moto96 wrote:

The press release is innaccurate. What if someone shows up on an EFI 2 stroke?

That'd be acceptable, but no one will.

|

9/24/2018 6:06 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Fourth_Floor wrote:

Curious as well why this is BS? The Alta makes zero noise and will take nothing away from the event so you should still be able to cum to your 2-stroke sounds.

I explained why I think it's BS. Looks like it was all a misunderstanding from the get go.

Besides no sound in racing is lame and I'm not the only one that thinks that. Sound is a big part of motorsports.

Case and point plenty of people complained about F1 sound when they switched from the V8 engines to the V6 turbocharged engines. So much so that in the following year they made changes so they could sound better/louder. In case you didn't know that's the world's biggest/most popular motorsport. If F1 wants more sound to provide a better atmosphere for the fans I think it's fair to say that sound is a very important part of racing.

Watch F1 and then go watch Formule E. You'll see what I mean.

|

9/24/2018 6:21 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I explained why I think it's BS. Looks like it was all a misunderstanding from the get go.

Besides no sound in racing is lame and I'm not the only one that thinks that. Sound is a big part of motorsports.

Case and point plenty of people complained about F1 sound when they switched from the V8 engines to the V6 turbocharged engines. So much so that in the following year they made changes so they could sound better/louder. In case you didn't know that's the world's biggest/most popular motorsport. If F1 wants more sound to provide a better atmosphere for the fans I think it's fair to say that sound is a very important part of racing.

The whole event is a side show, and Alta only adds to it IMO. I'm curious to see new school go against old school. All for Alta in this event.

|

9/24/2018 6:47 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

ML512 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

There are 23 two strokes and 1 Alta ... I think you will be satisfied . If the AMA won't let them in they by all means we will. This is a side show , although I like to call it a spectacle . We are trying to create story lines you won't see at the 17 sx + MEC and alta fits it that theme just like RV, Dungey , stank , David Bailey and Art Eckman . We are trying to remind the sport and fans that we can have fun yet again. It's unfortunate most of the manufactures can get out of the new norm and have some fun.

|

9/24/2018 6:55 PM

Fourth_Floor wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

MK128 wrote:

The whole event is a side show, and Alta only adds to it IMO. I'm curious to see new school go against old school. All for Alta in this event.

This is a fun event. The real sideshow is Monster Cup. RV won the million dollars the first year they had the event when they didn't have the joker lane. Year 2 is when they introduced the joker lane to lower the chances of anyone winning it and that's when it became a sideshow.

First year was similar to the U.S. Open and that was a cool event with cool looking bikes and gear.

The triple main event format was OK for that specific event but that unfortunately made its way in the regular SX series which created a championship within a championship that NOGAF about.

RBSR > Monster Cup

|

9/24/2018 7:00 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

This is a fun event. The real sideshow is Monster Cup. RV won the million dollars the first year they had the event when they didn't have the joker lane. Year 2 is when they introduced the joker lane to lower the chances of anyone winning it and that's when it became a sideshow.

First year was similar to the U.S. Open and that was a cool event with cool looking bikes and gear.

The triple main event format was OK for that specific event but that unfortunately made its way in the regular SX series which created a championship within a championship that NOGAF about.

RBSR > Monster Cup

Straight Rhythm is the side show. Monster cup still checks off more boxes in regards to traditional racing then RBSR.

I think you may be looking too much into this race, and not seeing straight rhythm for what it is. Let the old school racing mind take a holiday the day of straight rhythm, and enjoy it.

|

9/24/2018 7:50 PM

Photo
|

9/24/2018 7:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/24/2018 7:54 PM

ML512 wrote:

Fourth_Floor wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Careful Mav, saying anything non complimentary of the Alta is frowned upon.

My opinion is that electric bikes are fine but this event was sold as a two-stroke event so having an electric bike in the 250cc+ class would be very odd.

*Edit* I guess the Alta has been allowed the whole time but it was never really mentioned before? Well I'll be damned.

|

9/24/2018 7:58 PM

ML512 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Alta is only allowed in the 250 class and Red Bull's goal with the event this year is to make it fun. The Alta was a big hit last year and the titling of some PRs may have miss-represented it. The Alta has been allowed in the whole time, it was more of "NO Four Strokes" this year than anything.

I guess the alta is then a "no stroke", lol.

|

9/24/2018 8:00 PM

ML512 wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

JM485 wrote:

I can't guarantee a race win, but you can be damn sure I'll have the practice win in the bag.

I can’t win practice with you there, but I’ll damn sure be in second!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

9/24/2018 8:07 PM

MK128 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

RBSR > Monster Cup

MK128 wrote:

Straight Rhythm is the side show. Monster cup still checks off more boxes in regards to traditional racing then RBSR.

I think you may be looking too much into this race, and not seeing straight rhythm for what it is. Let the old school racing mind take a holiday the day of straight rhythm, and enjoy it.

For the record , we weren't tying to check the boxes of traditional racing . There are far too many of those and adding yet another "traditional race" but with Red Bull in the title does nothing for the sport, which does nothing for us . If the only option was to play like the other 18 sx races , well we would have just saved our money, thankfully the folks at Nintendo back in 1984 were on to something .

|