Will AP23 burn out like CW2 did?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/19/2018 2:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/19/2018 8:11 PM

I know Plessinger is a really light hearted rider and likes to keep things fun and loose. But just like 2016 when Cooper Webb won the 250W supercross title and then the 250 outdoor national title and raced mxon he was burnt.

Can Plessinger handle everything that going on this year in addition to having a kid and have good rookie 450 supercross season? The premier class has an even larger learning curve and my fear is that he will have no time off this year and be burnt out. He's such a great guy for the sport and would love to see them succeed but I am worried about him doing too much this year with possibly moving to the 450 class next year.

Will AP23 burn out like CP2 did?

View Results

|

8/19/2018 2:59 PM

Him moving up is good for the sport and the 450 class.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/19/2018 2:59 PM

He's on the 250 next yr anyway

|

8/19/2018 3:02 PM

CW2?

|

8/19/2018 3:08 PM

Who's CP2?

|

8/19/2018 3:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/19/2018 3:11 PM

cbuehler767 wrote:

I believe that has changed and Aaron will be on a 450 cone SX along side Barcia

|

8/19/2018 3:12 PM

HOF

|

8/19/2018 3:18 PM

cbuehler767 wrote:

HuskyEd wrote:

I believe that has changed and Aaron will be on a 450 cone SX along side Barcia

That would be awesome. He seems made for the 450 with how big he is

|

8/19/2018 3:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/19/2018 3:22 PM

Considering the year Aaron has had...I think most would have folded under the pressure. Kid on the way, SX title chase, win the SX title & immediately get engaged. MX season starts, in the MX title chase, baby arrives and then win the MX championship. I don’t know about you but the way he handled it all was amazing. Never seemed to get worked up or stressed out. Always smiling and enjoying it. I think he will do fine

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

8/19/2018 3:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/19/2018 3:28 PM

Aaron will be an animal on a 450 , mark my words. Give him some time to adjust , and he'll be toward's the top of the heap , especially outdoors.

In fact....don't we have Aaron , Osbourne , Jmart and Savatgy all moving up next year? On top of already getting Justin Hill in there. With who we have getting out and coming up through the 250's right now.....the American 450 is going to be stacked. Future is looking pretty bright indeed.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

8/19/2018 3:29 PM

Only burnout in this thread is SteezGeez

|

8/19/2018 3:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/19/2018 3:32 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Aaron will be an animal on a 450 , mark my words. Give him some time to adjust , and he'll be toward's the top of the heap , ...more

I'm not positive on JMart but I believe all the others are locked in to moving up. After a year of having no 450 rookies we're going to have a pretty damn good group of rookies in 2019. In my opinion that's always a big story line that has been missing from this season.

|

8/19/2018 3:40 PM

Premix wrote:

Only burnout in this thread is SteezGeez

Lol I meant to write CW2. And yes I am burnt out. Been studying for one section of the Certified Public Accountant exam the last two months after work everyday and on the weekend so when I write thread titles they don't always come out clearly.

|

8/19/2018 3:42 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Aaron will be an animal on a 450 , mark my words. Give him some time to adjust , and he'll be toward's the top of the heap , ...more

Gosh I totally forgot about all the other guys moving up. JMart will stay down since he is not pointed out of supercross yet but Savatgy at Kawi, Aaron at Yamaha, and Osbourne at at Husky is going to make the 2019 season very intersting.

|

8/19/2018 3:45 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

jorgechavez wrote:

I'm not positive on JMart but I believe all the others are locked in to moving up. After a year of having no 450 rookies we're ...more

Yeah I agree! Along with some of the current 450 rider's ( hopefully ) being healthy on top of that......this class will be packed. We've kind of had a little slump the past couple years , but I'm pretty hopeful on our future. And pretty pumped on years to come with some of our younger 250 guys. We got a lot of fast dudes getting in the mix.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

8/19/2018 3:47 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

SteezGeez wrote:

Gosh I totally forgot about all the other guys moving up. JMart will stay down since he is not pointed out of supercross yet ...more

Yes indeed! And I thought for sure Jmart was moving up. But with that injury , maybe he'll stay down again? Hard to say.

|

8/19/2018 3:52 PM

Lol this thread is sooooo early

|

8/19/2018 3:54 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Yes indeed! And I thought for sure Jmart was moving up. But with that injury , maybe he'll stay down again? Hard to say.

I'd say who would of stayed down almost no matter what since there wasn't really a spot for him in the 450 class right now. He wasn't blowing peoples minds the first few rounds of supercross this year and if he can stay down and get paid great money why not?

|

8/19/2018 4:06 PM

If you go to the races you can see Cooper still hangs out with the Star racing team a lot. I think a Move to KTM next year could be the change he needs, he may be too comfortable.

Aaron I think will move up and be a top 5 guy immediately.

|

Greg D.
2018 yz250f

8/19/2018 7:30 PM

#7 has a more positive attitude than #2. So I think he will be just fine.

|

8/19/2018 7:42 PM

DUMBGEON...

|

8/19/2018 7:56 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

SteezGeez wrote:

Gosh I totally forgot about all the other guys moving up. JMart will stay down since he is not pointed out of supercross yet ...more

i think one will transition well, becausr history says most dont,...

add in a long term injury to one of them and someone already in the class in the next few years (not that i want that at all) but again history says, quite likely...

i dont think the 450s will be stacked as some say..

i hope it is tho

|

8/19/2018 7:57 PM

reynardfan1 wrote:

DUMBGEON...

Hitting the bottle pretty hard today I guess , huh princess? Haha Jesus!

|

8/20/2018 1:41 AM

You can't deny that as double 250 champion going into your rookie 450 year on a factory bike, the last distraction you want is a newborn baby. How is that going to affect his preparation and training when he can't get a solid nights rest?

I get that people have different feelings and opinions on the subject and religion may come into it but at 22 years old and the peak of his career I think he should have waited. He's got plenty of years ahead of him for that.

|

8/20/2018 2:24 AM

Dunno, a few riders have had a kid without affecting results. They arguably got better afterwards. Better than getting with some new chick

|

8/20/2018 2:44 AM

JamesOliver wrote:

You can't deny that as double 250 champion going into your rookie 450 year on a factory bike, the last distraction you want is ...more

Or sometimes having a child can help you settle down and want to perform even better now that there's a family depending on him.

|

8/20/2018 2:44 AM

Or sometimes having a child can help you settle down and perform even better now that there's a family depending on him.

|

8/20/2018 6:18 AM

Only if he stays on the Yamaturd. J/K.
Totally different mindsets. Webb is a cocky kid that expected to win right away. He failed trying too hard and is now lost. The change of scenery may relight that fire. Time will tell.
Plessinger seems to be more of a lighthearted person and is willing to fight for his success. I've said it before and I'll say it again. If I was DeCoster, I'd skip over Webb and roll a wheelbarrow of money at Plessinger when his contract is done. I think he's the best all around 250 rider by a long margin. I think he'll be easily running top 10 and may be top 5 his first year on 450's.
When I say this, I consider Osborne a 450 rider at this point. That kid will work tirelessly to achieve his goals.

|

8/20/2018 6:23 AM

JamesOliver wrote:

You can't deny that as double 250 champion going into your rookie 450 year on a factory bike, the last distraction you want is ...more

shredder22 wrote:

Or sometimes having a child can help you settle down and want to perform even better now that there's a family depending on ...more

This! He stated he needs to keep things light and keep smiling. Even after a bad day of riding, to go home to a little bundle of joy will make anyone's day a little better. It will keep his mind off racing while he's not training/racing.
Comparing CW and AP is like comparing apples and oranges. Way different people.

|

8/20/2018 6:26 AM

Yes ,definitely no.

|