Will AC Try It Again?

APLMAN99
8/7/2018 5:40am
philG wrote:
There was a big resentment to it , Everts rode 2 classes to prove a point, Herlings grew up watching GP's with his dad, and wanted...
There was a big resentment to it , Everts rode 2 classes to prove a point, Herlings grew up watching GP's with his dad, and wanted to be the next Cairoli, he has never done any Euro SX that i have seen, which he surely would have done had he wanted to,

Musquin left europe because he aged out of 250, and Herlings was a season behind Roczen, KRoc came up from EMX as soon as he reached minimum age, which i dont think Herlings did, and the 2 seasons they were in MX2, Kenny had him covered. Its a shame Kenny got hurt, it has robbed him (and us) of 2 great seasons.

We dont get to go to flyaway races. I meant the fans, based in europe, who drive or fly to the races in person, to stand and cheer over the fences... like we do.

I just like to see great racing... its why i have the MXGP TV package, and pay for SX , and outdoors, and watch them all live, as well as Lorretas since they started live streaming, and all the EMX stuff too.

I was a big fan of all the guys like Healey, Schmit, Moore, and Parker who came here to give it a go and all won titles, and did it with style, in the same way i admired JMB , Albee and Langston for going the other way.. Now we have Musquin, Kenny and Ferrandis giving us interest, guys we have followed over here for ages.

Disdain for riders based on nationality isnt my thing, that said, there are plenty that do irk me, all for the same reason.
I can't remember if the age rules have changed since 2011, but I think that Musquin came to the US with 2 years of MX2 elegibility left. (Actually just looked it up and the rule was implemented for 2010 and was age 23, so Musquin definitely had 2 years of eligibility).

Herlings raced the first 12 MX2 races of 2010 in MX2, missed the last of the 3, at age 15. Isn't 15 the youngest age eligible?

Those are 2 fairly major errors that seem to represent the fact that your perceptions are fairly inaccurate to reality.......
make1go
8/7/2018 5:50am Edited Date/Time 8/7/2018 6:05am
philG wrote:
Stating fact..which bit of it isnt relevant, the OP asks if AC will quit, when he has already said he will ride another 2 seasons Does...
Stating fact..which bit of it isnt relevant, the OP asks if AC will quit, when he has already said he will ride another 2 seasons

Does Dungey win if RV doesnt quit, does Tomac win if Dungey doesnt quit.. we will never know. The Euro fans have been treated to 2 great seasons, with the chance of 2 more, and thats because Tony wants to make him race for it,and thats how it should be.

Park Boys wrote:
Does Everts win if JMB, Albee and Seb stay? Does AC win if BT and Pourcel stay? Does Herlings win if Musquin and Roczen stay? I...
Does Everts win if JMB, Albee and Seb stay?
Does AC win if BT and Pourcel stay?
Does Herlings win if Musquin and Roczen stay?

I get your line of thinking CoolSilly

Why is it Euro fans? Do they not race in the "World" championship? How elitist of you.
you were the first to mention things like that with swipe at reed..

why be hypocritical?
make1go
8/7/2018 6:03am
drt410 wrote:
Herlings is injury prone so Toni absolutely has a shot over a couple years. Shit he got injured this year. Toni is the 9x champ Herlings...
Herlings is injury prone so Toni absolutely has a shot over a couple years. Shit he got injured this year. Toni is the 9x champ Herlings is the 0 time 450 champ, Toni alwayssss has a shot every year he lines up. When you ride like JH is riding right now you crash, hard, its called riding over the edge and its never been sustainable. Tomac was doing this in 2015 too beating Dungey by 1:15 one race, and Stewart did it most of his career.

We saw what happened to Tomac and he learned the hard way that whatever amount you win by a win is a win. Stewart never learned. No need to win by a minute, when you can win by 15 seconds for the same points and be in much less danger. Going all out every lap just puts yourself at risk for the inevitable. Trying to absolutely smokeeee 2nd place by as much as you possibly can is absolutely badass and gives the forums wood, until is bites you. Toni has a great shot hes still riding fast as hell and hes wayyy up on 3rd right now. Riding faster than Toni is right now may be sustainable this season, even though JH still crashed and broke his collar bone, but over time it will bite you hard. Dont count him out.
so wrong.
science will tell you, you get hurt more the faster you are going...

do you ride?
NVA57
Fantasy
1742nd
8/7/2018 6:19am
APLMAN99 wrote:
I can't remember if the age rules have changed since 2011, but I think that Musquin came to the US with 2 years of MX2 elegibility...
I can't remember if the age rules have changed since 2011, but I think that Musquin came to the US with 2 years of MX2 elegibility left. (Actually just looked it up and the rule was implemented for 2010 and was age 23, so Musquin definitely had 2 years of eligibility).

Herlings raced the first 12 MX2 races of 2010 in MX2, missed the last of the 3, at age 15. Isn't 15 the youngest age eligible?

Those are 2 fairly major errors that seem to represent the fact that your perceptions are fairly inaccurate to reality.......
Musquin had to move up because he was a two time champion. They got rid of that rule at the end of 2013 which resultated in Herlings staying in MX2. They changed the rule back for 2017 and beyond. (Two titles = moving up)

The Shop

APLMAN99
8/7/2018 7:15am
NVA57 wrote:
Musquin had to move up because he was a two time champion. They got rid of that rule at the end of 2013 which resultated in...
Musquin had to move up because he was a two time champion. They got rid of that rule at the end of 2013 which resultated in Herlings staying in MX2. They changed the rule back for 2017 and beyond. (Two titles = moving up)
He was already contracted to come to the US before winning his second title......

https://racerxonline.com/2010/04/05/marvin-musquin-is-coming-to-america…
philG
8/7/2018 11:03am
APLMAN99 wrote:
I can't remember if the age rules have changed since 2011, but I think that Musquin came to the US with 2 years of MX2 elegibility...

Musquin went to the US because you were only allowed one defence in MX2 , a rule that got changed when Herlings won 2 on the trot after Roczen went to the US.

Roczen came up the instant he was 15 in the April, and did the rest of the year, Herlings Birthday didnt come until September, by which time the season was over. So apart from the the first 3 rounds,, he was a year in front.
Robgvx
8/7/2018 3:00pm
drt410 wrote:
Herlings is injury prone so Toni absolutely has a shot over a couple years. Shit he got injured this year. Toni is the 9x champ Herlings...
Herlings is injury prone so Toni absolutely has a shot over a couple years. Shit he got injured this year. Toni is the 9x champ Herlings is the 0 time 450 champ, Toni alwayssss has a shot every year he lines up. When you ride like JH is riding right now you crash, hard, its called riding over the edge and its never been sustainable. Tomac was doing this in 2015 too beating Dungey by 1:15 one race, and Stewart did it most of his career.

We saw what happened to Tomac and he learned the hard way that whatever amount you win by a win is a win. Stewart never learned. No need to win by a minute, when you can win by 15 seconds for the same points and be in much less danger. Going all out every lap just puts yourself at risk for the inevitable. Trying to absolutely smokeeee 2nd place by as much as you possibly can is absolutely badass and gives the forums wood, until is bites you. Toni has a great shot hes still riding fast as hell and hes wayyy up on 3rd right now. Riding faster than Toni is right now may be sustainable this season, even though JH still crashed and broke his collar bone, but over time it will bite you hard. Dont count him out.
74 wrote:
We have been watching different races this year then. Herlings seems to be in control, not over the edge for sure. Only when he's committed to...
We have been watching different races this year then. Herlings seems to be in control, not over the edge for sure. Only when he's committed to make a pass no matter what it takes, then he pushes it over the edge. Some seem to be more injury prone than others, but with the speed and pace these guys are going any crash can be a season ender for any rider.
Herlings is winning these races riding at 85% in my opinion. When he wants to, he can use the afterburners, such as on the first couple of laps, or if someone closes up a little.

It’s a wise choice, and evidence of his improving maturity. It’s also scary to think that he has the field handled without using all the speed he is capable of.
APLMAN99
8/7/2018 7:08pm
APLMAN99 wrote:

philG wrote:
Musquin went to the US because you were only allowed one defence in MX2 , a rule that got changed when Herlings won 2 on the...
Musquin went to the US because you were only allowed one defence in MX2 , a rule that got changed when Herlings won 2 on the trot after Roczen went to the US.

Roczen came up the instant he was 15 in the April, and did the rest of the year, Herlings Birthday didnt come until September, by which time the season was over. So apart from the the first 3 rounds,, he was a year in front.
Musquin had another year of eligibility. The new rule went into effect Jan 1, 2010, and he hadn't won his 2010 title yet. His 2009 title was grandfathered in. He signed with KTM to come to the US at the beginning of the 2010 season, before any real results of the season had much occurred.

He didn't "age out", as you claimed. He could have defended the title he won after the rule was adopted (2010) once (2011).

Realistically he went to the US because KTM would have made him their 3rd rider after Roczen and Herlings even if he did win the 2010 title, so the move to KTM USA was a good choice.

Herlings couldn't race the last race of 2009 because his 15th birthday was the Saturday that the event began, and he couldn't apply for his license until that day. So both Herlings and Roczen raced the first GPs that they were actually eligible for after their 15th birthdays.

Post a reply to: Will AC Try It Again?

The Latest