Will 07 rmz 450 forks fit on 17 model bike?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/1/2017 7:06 AM

Just curious if this is possible, I have a chance to get cheap spring forks from 2007 suzuki rmz 450, and I would try them on 2017 model if they fit right on?

|

11/1/2017 7:20 AM

No, the 2017 triple clamps are bigger to take the larger fork sff air fork tubes.

|

11/1/2017 7:21 AM

You would need the triple clamps from a 2008 thru 2012 model

|

11/1/2017 8:20 AM

thanks man

|

11/1/2017 10:42 AM

mxrudi wrote:

thanks man

Spring conversion kit

|

11/1/2017 11:12 AM

Interesting.

With a flat-blade screwdriver & an air-pump, I was able to get the TACs to work pretty damn well.

I'd go take a look at the Kawasaki Video of "how to set up" the KXF fork (same fork/same base-line) before I spend any time or money.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

11/1/2017 12:21 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Interesting.

With a flat-blade screwdriver & an air-pump, I was able to get the TACs to work pretty damn well.

I'd go take a look at the Kawasaki Video of "how to set up" the KXF fork (same fork/same base-line) before I spend any time or money.

X2 and the showa app.

|

11/1/2017 1:57 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Interesting.

I'm pretty happy with my TACs also, was just curious if it's an option. Seen 07 spring forks for sale for 150$ and had to ask. Thanks anyway.

|

11/1/2017 4:47 PM

Throw the race tech gold valves in, cheap as on ebay. Valving is way off stock. I also have the skf internals which is nice but not needed. Run zero psi in the outer, use extra oil if its bottoming. Run 10-20 more psi in the balance to make it plusher.

|

11/1/2017 5:50 PM

Will 07 forks fit the 13 triple clamps

|

11/1/2017 11:57 PM

coastlinecascot wrote:

Will 07 forks fit the 13 triple clamps

Nope. 2013 is 38mm sff spring, and the tubes were bigger

|

11/1/2017 11:59 PM

Rotaholic wrote:

Throw the race tech gold valves in, cheap as on ebay. Valving is way off stock. I also have the skf internals which is nice but not needed. Run zero psi in the outer, use extra oil if its bottoming. Run 10-20 more psi in the balance to make it plusher.

Yeah, if your valving is wrong, air spring or steel spring doesn't matter.

Problem with rmzsff air valving is way off
So the air spring gets confusing.

I wonder if it would be worth fitting a wp aer air spring to a showa?

|

11/2/2017 3:30 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

Interesting.

mxb2 wrote:

X2 and the showa app.

Showa App and tyre pressures are key to get those forks working, without spending money....

|

11/2/2017 4:33 AM

i did this conversion after the bottom bolt on the original forks came lose ..destroying the internals .
Because the internals costs 850€ i bought a set of showa 2007 rmz 450 forks .
the difference is just a millimeter on the bottom triple clamps , cutting open a spray can and cut it to fit around the tube make it work perfect ..spring forks work better also !

|

11/2/2017 5:11 AM

If they're anything like the Honda Showa SFF Air forks, I really struggled to get comfortable and was seriously thinking about picking up some Spring forks. They were awful..
I sent them to Technix JP, and they put in the Innteck, SKF glide kit and SKF seals.
Completely changed the bike, love them now.

|

"Nothing happens until something moves"