Wild speculation

Eli’s miraculous recovery at Anaheim 2 got me wondering. I wonder if the injury really was a shoulder, or if the shoulder story was an excuse to cover up a concussion that he didn’t want to have tested. I just have a hard time believing that a shoulder injury that was bad enough 7 days ago to prevent him from competing (when he knows it will likely cost him the championship) could be healed enough in seven days to win a Supercross race.
|
jj welks
1/21/2018 6:22pm
Bro stop thinking so hard, might want to go rest up, the short bus comes at 8am correct?

The Shop

Johnny Depp
1/21/2018 6:48pm
Eli’s miraculous recovery at Anaheim 2 got me wondering. I wonder if the injury really was a shoulder, or if the shoulder story was an excuse...
Eli’s miraculous recovery at Anaheim 2 got me wondering. I wonder if the injury really was a shoulder, or if the shoulder story was an excuse to cover up a concussion that he didn’t want to have tested. I just have a hard time believing that a shoulder injury that was bad enough 7 days ago to prevent him from competing (when he knows it will likely cost him the championship) could be healed enough in seven days to win a Supercross race.
I'm sure when you picked that user name and icon photo you knew exactly what you were doing. Right over their head. These guys don't get it. About the concussion either.
1/21/2018 6:50pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2018 6:50pm
Eli’s miraculous recovery at Anaheim 2 got me wondering. I wonder if the injury really was a shoulder, or if the shoulder story was an excuse...
I'm sure when you picked that user name and icon photo you knew exactly what you were doing. Right over their head. These guys don't get...
I'm sure when you picked that user name and icon photo you knew exactly what you were doing. Right over their head. These guys don't get it. About the concussion either.
Wink
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
1/21/2018 7:02pm
He's been out since A1 not Houston. He's had 2 weeks to recover. If he had a concussion he wouldn't be out there unless he passed the required tests. He bruised his shoulder muscles.

The Alpinestars Medical Crew is there for a reason. If they suspected he had a concussion they obviously took notes. They don't just help the riders off the track and send them on their way.

No cover up story.
1/21/2018 7:12pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2018 7:21pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
He's been out since A1 not Houston. He's had 2 weeks to recover. If he had a concussion he wouldn't be out there unless he passed...
He's been out since A1 not Houston. He's had 2 weeks to recover. If he had a concussion he wouldn't be out there unless he passed the required tests. He bruised his shoulder muscles.

The Alpinestars Medical Crew is there for a reason. If they suspected he had a concussion they obviously took notes. They don't just help the riders off the track and send them on their way.

No cover up story.
He tried to ride at Houston and pulled out before the racing even started. That is what I was referring to when I said that seven days prior to winning, he pulled out of the event.

As for the Alpinestars medical crew, what makes you think that he was even examined by them? He pulled off the track and rode back to the truck under his own power. When he popped up from his Anaheim crash, I saw him stumble around like a stunned fighter. After he buckled his pants and got the bike fired, he shook his head (possibly to clear the cobwebs). Not once did I see him grab or favor his shoulder.
https://youtu.be/rz_f9oNH3so
hamncheeze
1/21/2018 7:31pm
He addressed this in the post-race press conference. Go to the main page and watch it, don't let facts get in the way of a good theory.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
1/21/2018 7:32pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
He's been out since A1 not Houston. He's had 2 weeks to recover. If he had a concussion he wouldn't be out there unless he passed...

No cover up story.
He tried to ride at Houston and pulled out before the racing even started. That is what I was referring to when I said that seven...
He tried to ride at Houston and pulled out before the racing even started. That is what I was referring to when I said that seven days prior to winning, he pulled out of the event.

As for the Alpinestars medical crew, what makes you think that he was even examined by them? He pulled off the track and rode back to the truck under his own power. When he popped up from his Anaheim crash, I saw him stumble around like a stunned fighter. After he buckled his pants and got the bike fired, he shook his head (possibly to clear the cobwebs). Not once did I see him grab or favor his shoulder.
What makes you think they didn't check him out?

Just because he got up on his own and rode back to the pits it doesn't mean they didn't evaluate him. They're not examined on the track. Sometimes you see the crew help riders off the track and sometimes you don't. Plenty of guys get checked out after the races or a crash.

Stumble like a stunned fighter? I see a guy that gets up/removes his leg from under the bike and in the process of doing it quickly loses balance.

I don't see any symptoms of concussion.

Just because he didn't grab his shoulder immediately it doesn't mean he didn't hurt it. Adrenaline does a lot and when that goes down you notice things you might not have when it was up. Once he pulled over to strap his pants together that's more than likely when the adrenaline came down and he noticed something wasn't right so decided to pull out of the race.

Marvin on the other hand his shoulder popped out and that's something you would feel immediately just like breaking a bone.
ledger
1/21/2018 7:43pm
hamncheeze wrote:
He addressed this in the post-race press conference. Go to the main page and watch it, don't let facts get in the way of a good...
He addressed this in the post-race press conference. Go to the main page and watch it, don't let facts get in the way of a good theory.
Ditto.
1/21/2018 7:52pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

No cover up story.
He tried to ride at Houston and pulled out before the racing even started. That is what I was referring to when I said that seven...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
What makes you think they didn't check him out? Just because he got up on his own and rode back to the pits it doesn't mean...

Just because he got up on his own and rode back to the pits it doesn't mean they didn't evaluate him. They're not examined on the track. Sometimes you see the crew help riders off the track and sometimes you don't. Plenty of guys get checked out after the races or a crash.

Stumble like a stunned fighter? I see a guy that gets up/removes his leg from under the bike and in the process of doing it quickly loses balance.

Just because he didn't grab his shoulder immediately it doesn't mean he didn't hurt it. Adrenaline does a lot and when that goes down you notice things you might not have when it was up. Once he pulled over to strap his pants together that's more than likely when the adrenaline came down and he noticed something wasn't right so decided to pull out of the race.

Marvin on the other hand his shoulder popped out and that's something you would feel immediately just like breaking a bone.
What makes you think they did check him out? If he or the team suspected a possible concussion (and he did acknowledge in the press conference this weekend that he hit his head) I can assure you that they would not go out of their way to bring the Alpinestars crew and their concussion protocol into the situation. Do you really think that he would announce a cover up in the post race press conference if it really was the situation? Like I said, I’m merely speculating here, but I just don’t see a shoulder injury bad enough to take a guy out of the running for a million dollar championship bonus healing itself completely in a week. Eli is a bad dude, and if it was just a bruise, I would expect him to ride through it to take whatever points he could get in Houston.

Over and out.
dmac1
1/21/2018 8:15pm
What makes you think they did check him out? If he or the team suspected a possible concussion (and he did acknowledge in the press conference...
What makes you think they did check him out? If he or the team suspected a possible concussion (and he did acknowledge in the press conference this weekend that he hit his head) I can assure you that they would not go out of their way to bring the Alpinestars crew and their concussion protocol into the situation. Do you really think that he would announce a cover up in the post race press conference if it really was the situation? Like I said, I’m merely speculating here, but I just don’t see a shoulder injury bad enough to take a guy out of the running for a million dollar championship bonus healing itself completely in a week. Eli is a bad dude, and if it was just a bruise, I would expect him to ride through it to take whatever points he could get in Houston.

Over and out.
"...I just don’t see a shoulder injury bad enough to take a guy out of the running..."

Well, someone else said their doctor said about the same thing, and their 'doc' was sitting home on the couch! LOL Great place to make a diagnosis from!

You bet...his shoulder is completely healed! And so are all the pro football players who play each week.... Do you watch much sports?

The title of your thread is pretty accurate tho, so I gotta give ya that!

PJ205
1/21/2018 8:27pm
Shoei's sure are nice! Whistling
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
1/21/2018 8:41pm

-MAVERICK- wrote:
What makes you think they didn't check him out? Just because he got up on his own and rode back to the pits it doesn't mean...

What makes you think they did check him out? If he or the team suspected a possible concussion (and he did acknowledge in the press conference...

Over and out.
Plenty of guys hit their heads and dont sustain concussions. Again it was 2 weeks not 7 days and in that amount of time swelling/bruising has time to come down significantly.

Then there's the fact that some guys just want it more than others. Dungey was a prime example of that. Shifting with his hand over the triple, finished an outdoor moto with a broken neck when he could have easily pulled out knowing something wasn't right. I know I'm forgetting other's but you get the point.

Or like kkawboy14 mentioned, PEDS lol.

I didn't see any symptoms of concussion and if he did sustain one I doubt he'd be out there.

Either way he's down a shit load of points and I personally don't think he'll be able to crawl out of that hole to grab the championship.
dmac1
1/21/2018 9:31pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Plenty of guys hit their heads and dont sustain concussions. Again it was 2 weeks not 7 days and in that amount of time swelling/bruising has...
Plenty of guys hit their heads and dont sustain concussions. Again it was 2 weeks not 7 days and in that amount of time swelling/bruising has time to come down significantly.

Then there's the fact that some guys just want it more than others. Dungey was a prime example of that. Shifting with his hand over the triple, finished an outdoor moto with a broken neck when he could have easily pulled out knowing something wasn't right. I know I'm forgetting other's but you get the point.

Or like kkawboy14 mentioned, PEDS lol.

I didn't see any symptoms of concussion and if he did sustain one I doubt he'd be out there.

Either way he's down a shit load of points and I personally don't think he'll be able to crawl out of that hole to grab the championship.
I too saw zero symptoms of a concussion. If he'd had a concussion, and knew he couldn't ride Houston, he wouldn't have been out there riding in the first place, so thats not what the problem was.

Possibly he won't get championship. Doesn't mean winning races between now and then isn't rewarding. But, lets consider: MM has now bobbled. KR looked like crap. JA looking good, but he seems to be riding the edge. Who knows what will happen!

PEDS - dunno. Pain killers - nah, athletes don't use them things.
1/21/2018 9:42pm
dmac1 wrote:
I too saw zero symptoms of a concussion. If he'd had a concussion, and knew he couldn't ride Houston, he wouldn't have been out there riding...
I too saw zero symptoms of a concussion. If he'd had a concussion, and knew he couldn't ride Houston, he wouldn't have been out there riding in the first place, so thats not what the problem was.

Possibly he won't get championship. Doesn't mean winning races between now and then isn't rewarding. But, lets consider: MM has now bobbled. KR looked like crap. JA looking good, but he seems to be riding the edge. Who knows what will happen!

PEDS - dunno. Pain killers - nah, athletes don't use them things.
You think JA21 is riding on edge??
I've never seen him ride so smooth and in control.
xr70
1/21/2018 9:43pm
User name says it all.
Not surprised, he is from Proride.com , probably Langhams boyfriend?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/21/2018 10:08pm
User name says it all.
No, the thread title says it all.

Post a reply to: Wild speculation

The Latest