Wil Hahn Leaving Star - Cut Back on Riders?

88FYNN88
Edited Date/Time 6/11/2021 9:39am
So, sounds like it's a done deal that Wil will be leaving Star this year. With that being said could we see Star go in a different direction? At this point, it seems like they will sign every good amateur who is looking for a ride. It has gone to the point that he has riders living with him(Kitchen and Ramano). Right now they are looking at 6-8 250 riders next year plus the addition of Tomac. Could we see them move on from some riders to make some room? Looks to see people's thoughts. Thanks!
|
6/4/2021 6:33am
I got the sense that he was the one behind all the Star protests, so hopefully we see less of that.
King Air
6/4/2021 6:37am
I'd say he's leaving because he doesn't want to leave California.
LungButter
6/4/2021 6:38am
I got the sense that he was the one behind all the Star protests, so hopefully we see less of that.
Really? From an outsiders perspective that doesn't seem like Wil's style at all?

Got anything to reference that alluded to him being the "protestor"?

Not trying to argue, truly curious.
Mr. Afterbar
6/4/2021 6:38am
That was a thing before Wil got there. They are spending millions to win races. Can't blame them for trying.

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
6/4/2021 6:57am
88FYNN88 wrote:
So, sounds like it's a done deal that Wil will be leaving Star this year. With that being said could we see Star go in a...
So, sounds like it's a done deal that Wil will be leaving Star this year. With that being said could we see Star go in a different direction? At this point, it seems like they will sign every good amateur who is looking for a ride. It has gone to the point that he has riders living with him(Kitchen and Ramano). Right now they are looking at 6-8 250 riders next year plus the addition of Tomac. Could we see them move on from some riders to make some room? Looks to see people's thoughts. Thanks!
crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
6/4/2021 6:58am
If more teams moved out of Cali, would there be more rides with the tax money saved?
BMc914
6/4/2021 7:09am
Best thing about Wil leaving Star is that we should get the Works Connection Wil call back on pulp again.
Timo
6/4/2021 8:08am
crowe660 wrote:
If more teams moved out of Cali, would there be more rides with the tax money saved?
How much money are they saving? They bought property and will have track maintenance/staff/equipment costs they didn't have before.
6/4/2021 8:16am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2021 8:17am
crowe660 wrote:
Timo wrote:
How much money are they saving? They bought property and will have track maintenance/staff/equipment costs they didn't have before.
Y'know -- all the tax money they pay on the super paper-profitable operation of running a race team.
6/4/2021 8:19am
crowe660 wrote:
Timo wrote:
Y'know -- all the tax money they pay on the super paper-profitable operation of running a race team.
California finds a way to get tax money. You can bet on that.
6/4/2021 8:24am
Timo wrote:
Yes they do. But in this case there wouldn't be any money to "get" aside from local and sales tax (property tax is very low in Cal)
kapaa10
6/4/2021 8:33am
Can you blame him, who would want to move Florida? Flat, redneck backward, bugs, old people, smoking, humidity, you have to have screened in pools. Spent plenty of time there when I was younger it sux. Armpit of America.
Up Wind
6/4/2021 8:42am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2021 8:43am
kapaa10 wrote:
Can you blame him, who would want to move Florida? Flat, redneck backward, bugs, old people, smoking, humidity, you have to have screened in pools. Spent...
Can you blame him, who would want to move Florida? Flat, redneck backward, bugs, old people, smoking, humidity, you have to have screened in pools. Spent plenty of time there when I was younger it sux. Armpit of America.
The streets of San Francisco sound more like your style.
crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
6/4/2021 8:51am
crowe660 wrote:
Timo wrote:
It sounded good in my head lol. I know dick about taxes or race teams and it seemed like a legit talking point haha
Brent
6/4/2021 9:27am
Will does not want to move to Tallahassee at the end of this summer, he has a nice home and a life here. GasGas is his new future.

Most of the star guys own homes here in Temecula/ murrieta/ lake Elsinore.
TeamGreen
6/4/2021 9:29am
crowe660 wrote:
Timo wrote:
crowe660 wrote:
It sounded good in my head lol. I know dick about taxes or race teams and it seemed like a legit talking point haha
The riders will save money by claiming FL as their home state.
Johnny Ringo
6/4/2021 9:43am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2021 9:44am
No matter where you live if your employer writes your check from a state with income tax, you are getting taxed
6/4/2021 9:46am
No matter where you live if your employer writes your check from a state with income tax, you are getting taxed
They are not employees. They are independent contractors.
Johnny Ringo
6/4/2021 9:47am
They are not employees. They are independent contractors.
Good point, I don’t know how the taxes would work out on riders then. Will would save money moving to FL tho
kapaa10
6/4/2021 10:42am
kapaa10 wrote:
Can you blame him, who would want to move Florida? Flat, redneck backward, bugs, old people, smoking, humidity, you have to have screened in pools. Spent...
Up Wind wrote:
Nope Im more a so cal/kauai guy and go back and forth.
Premix4Life
Fantasy
1148th
6/4/2021 10:48am
BMc914 wrote:
Best thing about Wil leaving Star is that we should get the Works Connection Wil call back on pulp again.
My first thoughts too!!
Lukass59
6/4/2021 10:50am
Yes they do. But in this case there wouldn't be any money to "get" aside from local and sales tax (property tax is very low in...
Yes they do. But in this case there wouldn't be any money to "get" aside from local and sales tax (property tax is very low in Cal)
The amount of money they save on registering semis alone will be worth it
yota
6/4/2021 10:56am
florida has no state income tax.
bigk218
Fantasy
3159th
6/4/2021 12:08pm
kapaa10 wrote:
Up Wind wrote:
You forgot to go baaaaahhhh at the end kappa.
6/4/2021 4:10pm
Brent wrote:
Will does not want to move to Tallahassee at the end of this summer, he has a nice home and a life here. GasGas is his...
Will does not want to move to Tallahassee at the end of this summer, he has a nice home and a life here. GasGas is his new future.

Does Wil have a family?
Johnny Ringo
6/4/2021 4:17pm
yota wrote:
florida has no state income tax.
That was my point kinda, if they move to FL no income tax to employees
chasetwo79
6/4/2021 4:20pm
Brent wrote:
Will does not want to move to Tallahassee at the end of this summer, he has a nice home and a life here. GasGas is his...

I’m from the Florida Panhandle and live in California now. You couldn’t pay me to go back and live another year in Florida. So I’d imagine it’s pretty easy to not want to go there if you’re able to land a job at a branch of the top team in the sport and stay in your home.
EngIceDave
6/4/2021 4:46pm
chasetwo79 wrote:
I’m from the Florida Panhandle and live in California now. You couldn’t pay me to go back and live another year in Florida. So I’d imagine...
I’m from the Florida Panhandle and live in California now. You couldn’t pay me to go back and live another year in Florida. So I’d imagine it’s pretty easy to not want to go there if you’re able to land a job at a branch of the top team in the sport and stay in your home.
Which part, southern GA or Southern AL?

That ain't Florida
EngIceDave
6/4/2021 4:50pm Edited Date/Time 6/4/2021 4:51pm
kapaa10 wrote:
$900K

Florida, near orlando

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/15310-Lake-Iola-Rd-Dade-City-FL-3352…

4 bed, 3 bath, 3300 sq ft on 42 acres of green land (not desert)

Let's see what you can find comparable for $900K in California

I'm curious

Post a reply to: Wil Hahn Leaving Star - Cut Back on Riders?

The Latest