Wide Open MX has been sold

As of yesterday 6/19/2019 wide open mx has been sold. We are not going to be officially open until after Lorettas and get the track and facilities to a point where we feel people will want to come back. This will no longer be a "training track" as the previous owner would call it. We plan to be open every weekend or at least most weekends. There will also be a rebranding of the track name by the time we open. Track layout will also be changing in the near future. Races will be held again here and we have big plans for pit bike racing as well. Please keep up with this post as I will be posting updates here as we move forward. I have been attempting to get the facebook but was told whoever has the password is not responding so a new facebook page may be made in the future as well as instagram. Hopefully by the end of august we will have a date for an open house.

- The Fegerts
|
6/20/2019 6:03am
My buddy told me about this last night, awesome news!! It's a bit of a haul from where I'm at in South Charlotte, but was always glad we went once we got there. Look forward to hearing the new details.
6/20/2019 6:13am
So glad someone bought the place and has some good plans for it! It used to be so good back when it was open every weekend around 2007-2012 when I rode there often. The dirt is so good, and I would have hated to see it get turned into another farm field. Bummed I’m not living in NC anymore, but hopefully one day I’ll be able to make it back out there for some laps
Smith922
6/20/2019 8:35am
That is awesome news! Will definitely be watching this thread for updates.
CHaynes
6/20/2019 9:22am
So I have never been to Wide Open, but I have been to Montrose, MX 58, and Jacksonville (if you remember those tracks). Where is Wide Open in relation to Montrose? I have some friends from up here that used to talk about Wide Open and how fun it was.

The Shop

6/20/2019 9:27am
Wide Open is the same area that montrose was. Both tracks were in the same town. Thanks eveyone for the interest so far!
chaseNCMX
6/20/2019 10:08am
Raleigh checking in. Never made it out to Wide Open but another track to ride is never a bad thing!
JustMX
6/20/2019 11:21am
Good luck.

Moving from rider to track owner is usually an eye opening and exciting experience.

Just know it will be four times the work and a fourth the monetary return you anticipate.

Post a reply to: Wide Open MX has been sold

The Latest