Why would the Superior GP's need to accommodate AMA riders ?

500guy
4/26/2010 8:02pm Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 10:39pm
What other country gets to bend the rules on Sound, Fuel, entry fee's , and the 30 day of limits to the track ?

if the GP and the so called World Championship is so important why taint it with blatant rule bending ?

I guess GP teams like getting pooped on ?
|
oldx
4/26/2010 8:07pm
Yep, good points. They sure are pooping on the GP guys to try to fill the gates and sell some tickets.
the_wood109
4/26/2010 8:09pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:25pm
Mxxer
4/27/2010 1:45am
Luongo could care less about selling tickets. He lies about the attendance anyway.

This is a loss-leader. He's all about a good turnout of US riders so that he can proclaim the race a huge success and reinforce his future bid for the nationals (which he will also bleed dry if he gets them).

burnside
4/27/2010 2:39am
Man, that would be tragic if Luongo got his mits on the Nationals!

You can see why he'd start bending some rules though, there seems to be a massive lack of interest from the US pros. So he's damned either way - damned if he sticks to the rules and no big names rock up and damned if they do rock up with loud bikes and lots of practice.

Guess scheduling is his biggest enemy, maybe more riders would be interested later in the season if they were out of the title hunt and trying to redeem themselves.

How many AMA riders are confirmed now? Alessi/Searle?

The Shop

Alex
4/27/2010 2:50am Edited Date/Time 4/27/2010 2:55am
They bent the rules last time (99 Budds Creek) for Windham, Reynard, Alberteen, Tortelli etc. I understand why, but hope they don't do it again, Its not fair on the GP riders.

themrtoad
4/27/2010 4:01am
Alex wrote:
They bent the rules last time (99 Budds Creek) for Windham, Reynard, Alberteen, Tortelli etc. I understand why, but hope they don't do it again, Its...
They bent the rules last time (99 Budds Creek) for Windham, Reynard, Alberteen, Tortelli etc. I understand why, but hope they don't do it again, Its not fair on the GP riders.

Luongo never cared about "being fair" He wants the US nationals, and if he can't get that he will work for one outdoor championship and one SX serie. To him it's not so important to impress the fan and supporters. He wants to talk business with OEM.

They have pretty much in common. They both want to change the sport as we know it. They want to see less riders, fourstrokes only, sort of like F1 or Motogp.
I think he will succed, it's a match made in heaven...All they both care about is television, fancy paddock, big name riders. There are money to be saved for OEM if FIM and AMA had the same riders as stars. In the end they only have to support half the number of riders/teams/series etc

Hopefully some manufacturer will continue to make twostrokes, and maybe even start a championship that is fair and raced on affordable bikes. I'm not so optimistic about this part though.
motogrady
4/27/2010 4:23am
500guy wrote:
What other country gets to bend the rules on Sound, Fuel, entry fee's , and the 30 day of limits to the track ? if the...
What other country gets to bend the rules on Sound, Fuel, entry fee's , and the 30 day of limits to the track ?

if the GP and the so called World Championship is so important why taint it with blatant rule bending ?

Thing is, this isn't just another country.

This is the big kahuna, the main event, the wildest tracks, the best lookin' babes,
the fastest riders, the biggest payday.

Sure, they want in. Who wouldn't?

And to be fair, this is a whole different bunch running things this time around.
That was Dorna, the guys that now run motogp.

Sure , these guys tried to buy our series out from under us.
Never forget that. Dingman makes a deal with them, boycott the AMA.
But it is the GPs.
I say give 'em one.
Let them be a Young American for a day.
Alex
4/27/2010 4:41am
Alex wrote:
They bent the rules last time (99 Budds Creek) for Windham, Reynard, Alberteen, Tortelli etc. I understand why, but hope they don't do it again, Its...

themrtoad wrote:
Luongo never cared about "being fair" He wants the US nationals, and if he can't get that he will work for one outdoor championship and one...
Luongo never cared about "being fair" He wants the US nationals, and if he can't get that he will work for one outdoor championship and one SX serie. To him it's not so important to impress the fan and supporters. He wants to talk business with OEM.

They have pretty much in common. They both want to change the sport as we know it. They want to see less riders, fourstrokes only, sort of like F1 or Motogp.
I think he will succed, it's a match made in heaven...All they both care about is television, fancy paddock, big name riders. There are money to be saved for OEM if FIM and AMA had the same riders as stars. In the end they only have to support half the number of riders/teams/series etc

Hopefully some manufacturer will continue to make twostrokes, and maybe even start a championship that is fair and raced on affordable bikes. I'm not so optimistic about this part though.
Think your way off on that one. FIM need the sport to be cheaper. That's why they push 2 strokes so hard. Remember the '2 strokes for schoolboys' rule. They're now running a 125 world championships alongside GPs. Truth is the manufacturers want the bikes to be more expensive and if that's what they want that's what they'll get, there's fck all the FIM can do about it either.
kongols
4/27/2010 5:37am
Mxxer wrote:
Luongo could care less about selling tickets. He lies about the attendance anyway. This is a loss-leader. He's all about a good turnout of US riders...
Luongo could care less about selling tickets. He lies about the attendance anyway.

This is a loss-leader. He's all about a good turnout of US riders so that he can proclaim the race a huge success and reinforce his future bid for the nationals (which he will also bleed dry if he gets them).

Don`t ever let that happened
jmar
4/27/2010 5:56am
Why is everyone feeling so threatened with the GPs coming here?

Why not just be happy and quit all the bitching. If you don't like the GPs or Luongo then don't go to the race. It's as simple as that.
jmar
4/27/2010 5:58am
500guy wrote:
What other country gets to bend the rules on Sound, Fuel, entry fee's , and the 30 day of limits to the track ? if the...

Honestly Jay

The AMA has been screwing our riders for as long as I can remember.
flarider
4/27/2010 6:42am
jmar wrote:
Why is everyone feeling so threatened with the GPs coming here? Why not just be happy and quit all the bitching. If you don't like the...

Why not just be happy and quit all the bitching. If you don't like the GPs or Luongo then don't go to the race. It's as simple as that.
I don't think anyone feels "threatened" by the GP's coming here, and I think for the most part, everyone is happy we're going to have GP's regularly.

I think the issue people have is the date, the timing and how it all went down.

joe101uk
4/27/2010 6:43am
jmar wrote:
Why is everyone feeling so threatened with the GPs coming here? Why not just be happy and quit all the bitching. If you don't like the...

Well said. We just want to see good racing and whoever goes to Glen Helen will certainly see it.
jmar
4/27/2010 7:19am
jmar wrote:

flarider wrote:
I don't think anyone feels "threatened" by the GP's coming here, and I think for the most part, everyone is happy we're going to have GP's...
I don't think anyone feels "threatened" by the GP's coming here, and I think for the most part, everyone is happy we're going to have GP's regularly.

Well if MX Sports and YS would get over their little pissing match and start working together this wouldn't have happen.
WORCSRacer
4/27/2010 7:39am
jmar wrote:

flarider wrote:
I don't think anyone feels "threatened" by the GP's coming here, and I think for the most part, everyone is happy we're going to have GP's...

jmar wrote:
Well if MX Sports and YS would get over their little pissing match and start working together this wouldn't have happen.
Come JMar Dave has no agenda or beef with the GP'sWhistling He just thinks the people at GH did DC dirty and are a bunch of lying schemers.... Hey but he wishes them the best of luck with the event.
flarider
4/27/2010 9:03am
Yeah, I have no beef with the GP's...that's why we sponsor or support almost every team in the GP paddock.

Damn shame reading comprehension is an issue for you, or maybe it's the "homer" attitude or maybe it's just blinders, I dunno
Maybe you can tell us which one it is?
4/27/2010 9:16am
jmar wrote:

joe101uk wrote:
Well said. We just want to see good racing and whoever goes to Glen Helen will certainly see it.
WORCSRacer
4/27/2010 10:06am
flarider wrote:
Yeah, I have no beef with the GP's...that's why we sponsor or support almost every team in the GP paddock. Damn shame reading comprehension is an...
Yeah, I have no beef with the GP's...that's why we sponsor or support almost every team in the GP paddock.

Damn shame reading comprehension is an issue for you, or maybe it's the "homer" attitude or maybe it's just blinders, I dunno
Maybe you can tell us which one it is?
Honestly Dave you should just shut up now, you look stupid. You've written a short novel about how GH was guilty of bad faith dealing with MX Sports. You even went so far as to say people were publically backing away from the USGP because of it and then failed to provide any examples of that, not even yourself as a spokesperson for Engine Ice....
So do yourself a favor embrace the reality you have a hard on for GH because they had the desire to host another world class event instead of just taking what MX Sports offered.

Bottom line And simple answer to this whole thread is that YS will do virtually whatever it will take to succeed in the largest market in the worlds largest marketplace.
flarider
4/27/2010 10:08am
So, which US Based MX teams and riders are racing the USGP?
WORCSRacer
4/27/2010 10:19am
flarider wrote:
Dave which US teams have back away because as you stated, "the whole thing smells fishy"? Answer, exactly ZERO.

flarider
4/27/2010 10:21am
flarider wrote:
WORCSRacer
4/27/2010 10:32am
flarider wrote:
flarider wrote:
Dave all you have to do is name just one team that backs up your bullshit.
flarider
4/27/2010 10:37am
So you can't answer or refuse to answer?

500guy
4/27/2010 10:40am
flarider wrote:
flarider wrote:
WORCSRacer wrote:
I guess any team that doesn't show up.

flarider
4/27/2010 10:43am
flarider wrote:
WORCSRacer
4/27/2010 10:44am
flarider wrote:
WORCSRacer wrote:
500guy wrote:

Well finally you acknowledge you don't know and are guessing. Thank you.
500guy
4/27/2010 10:48am
WORCSRacer wrote:
500guy wrote:

WORCSRacer wrote:
Well finally you acknowledge you don't know and are guessing. Thank you.
So you know who will attend but wont say ?
WORCSRacer
4/27/2010 11:00am
The issue isn't who is coming and I'm not the one who made up a derogatory statement, Dave did and had nothing to back it up.
englishman
4/27/2010 11:02am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:26pm
500guy wrote:

Any other Country that the little Italian cretin wants in bad enough.

I hear he's offering an hour of his wifes services to any American rider who signs up.
flarider
4/27/2010 11:08am
WORCSRacer wrote:
The issue isn't who is coming and I'm not the one who made up a derogatory statement, Dave did and had nothing to back it up.
"Derogatory statement?"

You might want to go back and find what I actually said, because your memory is failing.

Post a reply to: Why would the Superior GP's need to accommodate AMA riders ?

The Latest