Why won't Ralph and Jeff tell it like it is?

SPYGUY
Fantasy
885th
5/9/2017 10:23am
Last week, when Musquin pulled over, Ralph went quiet and Jeff called it a mistake.

This week when it was clear what Tomac was doing, they refused to acknowledge it and acted as if it were just a competitive race.

Are they just oblivious or are they too afraid to ruffle any feathers?
|
GangGreen
5/9/2017 10:28am
SPYGUY wrote:
Last week, when Musquin pulled over, Ralph went quiet and Jeff called it a mistake. This week when it was clear what Tomac was doing, they...
Last week, when Musquin pulled over, Ralph went quiet and Jeff called it a mistake.

This week when it was clear what Tomac was doing, they refused to acknowledge it and acted as if it were just a competitive race.

Be very, very, careful SPYGUY, or this post will get pulled. No one is permitted to question or submit negative posts about Feld Entertainment, MX Sports, Monster, or AMA Pro Racing. Remember the "Cole Seely Interview" debacle?
dirtdog36
5/9/2017 10:50am
PS: Bring back Daniel Blair! He did a fantastic job
Giygas
Fantasy
1349th
5/9/2017 10:53am
SPYGUY wrote:
Last week, when Musquin pulled over, Ralph went quiet and Jeff called it a mistake. This week when it was clear what Tomac was doing, they...

They did tell it how it is. They aren't Tomac fanboys.
Lester
5/9/2017 10:58am
SPYGUY wrote:

GangGreen wrote:
Be very, very, careful SPYGUY, or this post will get pulled. No one is permitted to question or submit negative posts about Feld Entertainment, MX Sports...
Be very, very, careful SPYGUY, or this post will get pulled. No one is permitted to question or submit negative posts about Feld Entertainment, MX Sports, Monster, or AMA Pro Racing. Remember the "Cole Seely Interview" debacle?
I've seen plenty if posts that are critical on here.

The Shop

lo95co380
5/9/2017 11:00am
yeah didn't acknowledge tomac's strategy forrsure. dungey was "catching" him. ya how many times does that happen.
Acidreamer
5/9/2017 11:21am
Political correctness is the answer. i wish they would shoot it straight but its bad for business.
5/9/2017 11:51am
SPYGUY wrote:

GangGreen wrote:
Be very, very, careful SPYGUY, or this post will get pulled. No one is permitted to question or submit negative posts about Feld Entertainment, MX Sports...
Cole never said anything, zippo, zilch, nothing, ever.
Well, at least that's what my source tells me.
Whistling
4rings
5/9/2017 11:59am
Emig is a good announcer when Ralph isn't interrupting or shouting over him.
Katoomey
5/9/2017 12:06pm
SPYGUY wrote:

Didnt Matthes bring this up last night? Whay are you just bringing it up now? Race was 3 days ago
ganny
5/9/2017 12:09pm
Tomac's strategy (which almost worked) was the only thing they should have been talking about, yet they didn't even acknowledge its existence and instead created an alternate reality for its viewers - horrible!
SPYGUY
Fantasy
885th
5/9/2017 12:31pm
Katoomey wrote:
Didnt Matthes bring this up last night? Whay are you just bringing it up now? Race was 3 days ago
I haven't had a chance to listen to this weeks Pulp show yet.

Sorry for bringing up something that happened three whole days ago.
SPYGUY
Fantasy
885th
5/9/2017 12:33pm
What initially got me thinking about this topic was...

When they referenced last weeks race in New Jersey on this weeks broadcast, were possible team tactics ever mentioned or did they continue to sweep it under the rug?

I didn't get to pay as much attention to the broadcast this week as I normally do (although the mains had my full attention).
agn5009
5/9/2017 12:43pm
Because they are paid by the network, not vitards.
Motodave15
5/9/2017 12:46pm
This fucking thread right here..spyguy speaking truth... I wish they would call it like it is.

one thing that irks me,, is that emig forgot he kicked mike larrocco in the ribs and that was not for a championship.. But hey you can jump on any take out move.
Motodave15
5/9/2017 12:47pm
agn5009 wrote:
Because they are paid by the network, not vitards.
Circles back to political correctness
Superdave19
5/9/2017 1:33pm
I'm guessing since Monster Energy is the title sponsor, we couldn't have the 'Monster Energy' Kawasaki rider accused of any controversial tactics-
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
5/9/2017 1:36pm
GangGreen wrote:
Oh brother.
DEMONDAVE
5/9/2017 1:37pm
they don't tell it like it is for the same reason you or I don't tell it like it is at our place of employment , ITS A JOB and they too must keep it "pc"
Zooki
5/9/2017 2:03pm Edited Date/Time 5/9/2017 2:52pm
Who is being harmed by discussing this during the broadcast?

Tactics like this have been used in many types of racing and the commentators always explain the situation. It was an unusual strategy for SX and worthy of discussion.

Unsure
KMC440
5/9/2017 2:29pm
Would've been great if they immediately screamed

"It's the Million Dollar Cat and Mouse Game !!" ... Laughing
51xc
5/9/2017 2:31pm Edited Date/Time 5/9/2017 2:31pm
I was thinking exactly the same about the commentary that night. the same at vegas where tomac CLEARLY slowed down on purpose and all emig, ralph and rc had to say how dungey had the better lines and how well and aggressive he was riding. tomacs pace was way higher than anyone's that night. tomac put 4sec on dungey in 2,5 laps before he slowed down DRASTICALLY. he went from 1.05 to almost 1.09 so dungey could close up again. sometimes it's pretty annoying how bias they (emig, rc etc) are.

Yamaknockers
5/9/2017 2:33pm
Makes me miss David Bailey more and more each year, he spoke the truth, these guys make themselves sound stupid. Maybe part of it is trying to dumb everything down for the "casual" fans, that don't really exist. Maybe Jeff and Ralph don't want to offend any man friends. I don't know, but it seems to get worse and worse every year. Thank god for Jenny Taft, I just wonder how many more years she'll stick around with Jeffy, Ralphy, and Ding-Dong-Ianna Daniels.
5/9/2017 2:40pm
Maybe because Ralph and Jeff didn't check Vital last week.
5/9/2017 2:54pm
ganny wrote:
Tomac's strategy (which almost worked) was the only thing they should have been talking about, yet they didn't even acknowledge its existence and instead created an...
Tomac's strategy (which almost worked) was the only thing they should have been talking about, yet they didn't even acknowledge its existence and instead created an alternate reality for its viewers - horrible!
I have only just managed to watch a stream of the race, can someone tell me about this "Tomac strategy" please ....i feel bloody stupid asking!.

5/9/2017 3:04pm
Ok, I had a read about it, bunching.....cool.
dboivin
5/9/2017 3:05pm
RC obviously on the dungey wagon last 2 weeks
Ralph and Jeff talk constantly about team tactics ALL race then CRICKETS when said team tactics get deployed.

RC, Ralph and Jeff constantly tell us how fast dungey is going to reel in Tomac when it was blatantly obvious Eli started draggin anchor to bunch them up. heck, watch him in the corners after the long straight....he literally almost tips over from trying to roll the corner so slow...also the hard pack hairpin. watch those closely....he was very good at taking his time.

racing was great. We are lucky Tomac did something to keep 450's from being a snoozefest.
5/9/2017 3:07pm
Emig wouldn't explain anything that deep. As far as I can tell he thinks he's the color guy same as Ralf.

Bailey went so much farther in depth as to why things happen that it makes Jeff look ridiculous. I'm tired of Jeff's constant enthusiasm. Let the color guy be over the top and tell us the details in a calm way that actually makes sense.
OldYZRider1
5/9/2017 3:16pm Edited Date/Time 5/9/2017 3:18pm
Yes Ralph and Jeff better get on their game cause Feld's probably ecstatic about the excitement the team tactics brought to the 450 final at LV. They'll likely want to change the racing format and institute team racing for next year. I think it'll probably follow the roller derby rules and could be quite interesting. Hopefully Ralph and Jeff can keep up with the "script" for it.

Post a reply to: Why won't Ralph and Jeff tell it like it is?

The Latest