Why was Anderson docked?

billyp330
4/16/2018 5:14am
King KTM wrote:
Selective enforcement. Where was Mooscans penalty, he was WFO outside of the tuff blocks in the sand section, how about last week in Seattle when this...
Selective enforcement. Where was Mooscans penalty, he was WFO outside of the tuff blocks in the sand section, how about last week in Seattle when this happened 50 times, I could probably find 10 more times if I rewatched every race. This penalty does not happen to any Monster rider. And on that note why in the hell are the rule makers/enforcers allowed to sponsor riders. If I never heard the words Monster Energy again it would not be good enough.
How can one be so stupid to use a Red Bull rider as an argument for Monster riders being favored. Also, Monster does NOT make or enforce any rules. That is AMA/FIM, which does NOT sponsor or endorse any rider, in fact, all riders have to pay to be members.
BobPA
4/16/2018 6:20am
kkawboy14 wrote:
What was the penalty? He still finished 2nd?
Docked a position in the second “main”. Had he not been docked, he would have got the W...
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
4/16/2018 7:17am
kkawboy14 wrote:
What was the penalty? He still finished 2nd?
BobPA wrote:
Docked a position in the second “main”. Had he not been docked, he would have got the W...
And the “triple crown championship”

The Shop

lumpy790
4/16/2018 7:42am
Manny asked me to come out west this year ..... pretty sure I have his rig covered

TD248
Fantasy
648th
4/16/2018 9:26am
peltier626 wrote:
Because he's not monster energy supported.
MudPup545 wrote:
Exactly.
I mean they did dock savatgy last year with a title on the line.... but either way that is a stuuupid penalty smh
RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
4/16/2018 10:16am
Didn't somebody in the 250 class do basically the same thing as Anderson? I think it was Forkner maybe?
mxpro252
4/16/2018 10:23am
FWYT wrote:
1:50 http://www.motoxaddicts.com/2018/04/15/450sx-highlights-2018-minneapolis-sx/ He is virtually stopped facing a tuff block. "Oh, hey, instead of getting going from where I'm at, I can just zip down the...
1:50
http://www.motoxaddicts.com/2018/04/15/450sx-highlights-2018-minneapoli…

He is virtually stopped facing a tuff block.

"Oh, hey, instead of getting going from where I'm at, I can just zip down the side of the track
and not lose any spots."
tkimb wrote:
x2 He could have easily rolled back and started going again. He literally chose to ride off the track and onto the plywood. Maybe he did...
x2
He could have easily rolled back and started going again. He literally chose to ride off the track and onto the plywood. Maybe he did it on purpose though not wanting to be out of rhythm and have something happen like what happened to Barcia
This seems like the obvious issue. Would have been nice if the AMA hung some weight on that in addition to accelerating alongside a rhythm section. Now it seems like many are ignoring the odd decision to voluntarily leave the track and skip an entire section because he was facing a tuff block in a corner.
peelout
4/16/2018 10:27am
penalty was bullshit and further proof that the powers-that-be are nothing more than a couple blind quad racers throwing darts at a list of penalties
kkawboy14
4/16/2018 12:08pm
peelout wrote:
penalty was bullshit and further proof that the powers-that-be are nothing more than a couple blind quad racers throwing darts at a list of penalties
Your right....I thought the penalty guys were getting was 2 spots?
DonM
4/16/2018 4:52pm
Chad can rest easy as Gallager has found another rider to dislike and screw over with stupid spur of the moment rulings...
gt80rider
4/16/2018 6:55pm
As fucking corrupt as our Country. He did the right thing for safety for him and his fellow riders. There is no consistency in the rules...
As fucking corrupt as our Country. He did the right thing for safety for him and his fellow riders. There is no consistency in the rules of Supercross and Motocross in the U S and what the fuck is there a foreign body organization making rule for a American made Sport AKA Supercross. WADA/FIM
This is truth
mxlegend99
Fantasy
1356th
4/17/2018 5:17am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2018 5:20am
He could easily have stayed on the track and done the rhythm section. He chose to go off the track and cut out a huge section of the track.

Definitely deserved the penalty. Although they need to be more strict in general... other riders have done similar without penalty. That's the real issue.

Anytime a rider makes a mistake and skips an obstacle or multiple obstacles to reduce how much time is lost they deserve to be penalised.
slipdog
4/17/2018 5:26am
I think they should build a moat with alligators around the track. That will stop these fuckers from trying to cheat after they fuck up.
FWYT
4/17/2018 9:05am
slipdog wrote:
I think they should build a moat with alligators around the track. That will stop these fuckers from trying to cheat after they fuck up.
YES!!!!

BTW, I think they should go the other direction with the starting grates. Lay down plexiglass.
Clutch control will be key! With the added benefit of the pack being well spread out even before the
first turn! LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
4/17/2018 9:31am
Imo he should have lost more ground than he did
And there was no reason not to re enter
The track
Right where he went off
Why not just do a u turn ?
Imo the answer is to not lose ground
Which is wrong. At least imo
TDeath21
4/17/2018 1:51pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2018 1:52pm
Yeah you guys are all overlooking the fact that he chose to go off the track. He was still on the track after his crash. He chose to go straight and avoid the rhythm lane instead of pulling his bike backwards or doing a quick uturn that every B class rider can do. But that would have cost him more time. He’d have to go slower through the rhythm lane plus he’d have to turn around. The AMA has a different stance if you go off the track as part of your mistake. I disagree with this discrepancy. They both should be penalized equally and more harshly than they are in my opinion. But that’s the huge difference and that’s how the AMA sees it. Theoretically, it would have been better for him to crash and go off the track before remounting.
BikerScars
4/17/2018 8:54pm
FWYT wrote:
1:50 http://www.motoxaddicts.com/2018/04/15/450sx-highlights-2018-minneapolis-sx/ He is virtually stopped facing a tuff block. "Oh, hey, instead of getting going from where I'm at, I can just zip down the...

"Oh, hey, instead of getting going from where I'm at, I can just zip down the side of the track
and not lose any spots."
Not loose any spots? He lost 4 spots?

I have watched it over a bunch of times and he is not on the gas by a Pro AMA standard. The racers on the rhythm section of track are going way faster than him on flat plywood. It looked like he was in no hurry at all.

I guess the real issue here is the AMAs consistent lack of consistency on stuff like this.
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2033rd
4/18/2018 5:57am
FWYT wrote:

and not lose any spots."
BikerScars wrote:
Not loose any spots? He lost 4 spots? I have watched it over a bunch of times and he is not on the gas by a...

I have watched it over a bunch of times and he is not on the gas by a Pro AMA standard. The racers on the rhythm section of track are going way faster than him on flat plywood. It looked like he was in no hurry at all.

I guess the real issue here is the AMAs consistent lack of consistency on stuff like this.
Unless he somehow bounced over that tuff block after coming to a standstill on the track he chose to ride off the track, skip a rhythm section and avoid losing too many positions.

I think he should be docked more.

early
Fantasy
2212th
4/18/2018 6:33am

Anderson was stopped/slowed to first gear when he left the track. He could have reentered in the same corner, he chose to accelerate (not shown on TV) past the whole lane. The rule should be enforced more often. The penalty was handed out right after the second Moto not after the whole race so the ultimate outcome was unknown at that point.

aees
4/18/2018 7:42am
FWYT wrote:

and not lose any spots."
BikerScars wrote:
Not loose any spots? He lost 4 spots? I have watched it over a bunch of times and he is not on the gas by a...

So as long as he looses some positions it is fine? It is not. He would have lost MORE if he would have stayed on track and rolling some rythms due to lack of speed. That is what is relevant.

Otherwise you could just cut track as soon as you "loose" some positions in a little tip over or whatever.

I think it was a good decision, same with Savagy.

BobPA
4/18/2018 9:16am
FWYT wrote:

and not lose any spots."
BikerScars wrote:

aees wrote:
So as long as he looses some positions it is fine? It is not. He would have lost MORE if he would have stayed on track...
So as long as he looses some positions it is fine? It is not. He would have lost MORE if he would have stayed on track and rolling some rythms due to lack of speed. That is what is relevant.

Otherwise you could just cut track as soon as you "loose" some positions in a little tip over or whatever.

Do not forget to LOOSEN your sprocket bolts bro....
yak651
Fantasy
214th
4/18/2018 9:30am
TDeath21 wrote:
Yeah you guys are all overlooking the fact that he chose to go off the track. He was still on the track after his crash. He...
Yeah you guys are all overlooking the fact that he chose to go off the track. He was still on the track after his crash. He chose to go straight and avoid the rhythm lane instead of pulling his bike backwards or doing a quick uturn that every B class rider can do. But that would have cost him more time. He’d have to go slower through the rhythm lane plus he’d have to turn around. The AMA has a different stance if you go off the track as part of your mistake. I disagree with this discrepancy. They both should be penalized equally and more harshly than they are in my opinion. But that’s the huge difference and that’s how the AMA sees it. Theoretically, it would have been better for him to crash and go off the track before remounting.
I have no problem with the penalty as long as going forward they apply it to ALL situations that happen. Don't use discretion, any rider that goes off the track and doesn't enter at the same spot they left gets docked, no ifs ands or buts...As stated before, during the SAME event Marvin went off the track, never let off the gas and received no penalty.
peelout
4/18/2018 9:35am
BobPA wrote:
it's clear they've been loose for a long time
early
Fantasy
2212th
4/18/2018 9:37am
yak651 wrote:
I have no problem with the penalty as long as going forward they apply it to ALL situations that happen. Don't use discretion, any rider that...
I have no problem with the penalty as long as going forward they apply it to ALL situations that happen. Don't use discretion, any rider that goes off the track and doesn't enter at the same spot they left gets docked, no ifs ands or buts...As stated before, during the SAME event Marvin went off the track, never let off the gas and received no penalty.
Did you read the actual rule I posted?
4/18/2018 2:38pm
BikerScars wrote:

aees wrote:
So as long as he looses some positions it is fine? It is not. He would have lost MORE if he would have stayed on track...

BobPA wrote:
So at least I'm not alone here , we have gone from loosing interest to cheating , to a whole new thread bye shaned9362 about dudes switching to mxgp because we have a problem in the us and people loosing interest
mxlegend99
Fantasy
1356th
4/18/2018 4:17pm
I really dont see how people could have issue with this penalty. He chose to go off the track and skip the rhythm section.

He could easily have backed up a bit and stayed on the track. Or done a quick u-turn on the spot. But he chose to go off and miss an entire section and gained time in doing so.

I think if he were pushed all ghe way off the track and had no way to re-enter where he went off then it would be a bs penalty. But it was his choice. He got a very soft penalty considering.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
4/18/2018 4:29pm
mxlegend99 wrote:
I really dont see how people could have issue with this penalty. He chose to go off the track and skip the rhythm section. He could...
I really dont see how people could have issue with this penalty. He chose to go off the track and skip the rhythm section.

He could easily have backed up a bit and stayed on the track. Or done a quick u-turn on the spot. But he chose to go off and miss an entire section and gained time in doing so.

I think if he were pushed all ghe way off the track and had no way to re-enter where he went off then it would be a bs penalty. But it was his choice. He got a very soft penalty considering.
I think the issue is that we've seen lots of other guys racing down the plywood this year, but I don't think any others have been penalized.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
4/18/2018 5:44pm
yak651 wrote:
I have no problem with the penalty as long as going forward they apply it to ALL situations that happen. Don't use discretion, any rider that...
early wrote:
Did you read the actual rule I posted?
Yes but did you see all the races this year where it wasn't enforced? Unless they announced at riders meeting that we are stepping up enforcement, it's BS they penalize one person mid season when not doing anything to anyone else all year (not talking about 250 class where track cutting was enforced, talking about going along side a rhythm section on the plywood).

Post a reply to: Why was Anderson docked?

The Latest