Why was Anderson docked?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/15/2018 12:43 AM

As the title states, what was the penalty for? Any video?

|

4/15/2018 12:50 AM

They showed him cruising down a whole straight before re entering the track, they probably think he could have entered sooner.

Imo he did the right thing and it was the safest place. To try and enter the track half way through a rythem section could be quite dangerous, let alone all the tough blocks potentially causing issues too.

|

4/15/2018 1:48 AM

Who every hands out the penalties at these races are straight dumb shits, he entered in a safe place and didn't gain any ground?

|

4/15/2018 1:55 AM

Why was Marvin skipping the sand a nonissue?

|

4/15/2018 3:27 AM

tobz wrote:

They showed him cruising down a whole straight before re entering the track, they probably think he could have entered sooner.

Imo he did the right thing and it was the safest place. To try and enter the track half way through a rythem section could be quite dangerous, let alone all the tough blocks potentially causing issues too.

Sounds to me like he could have entered before the rytm section even began, i mean.... "a whole straight"?

|

4/15/2018 3:29 AM

I thought jeez, Anderson used his head not entering into a blind rhythm lane.

Good move on his part. never gained a position. A mature move for him.

|

JS7 is the most entertaining rider since Hannah, my first hero,. even living in the frozen north.
Dirt biking from 11 to late 50’s, loves wood riding on the old 525.

4/15/2018 3:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2018 3:36 AM

Drtbykr wrote:

I thought jeez, Anderson used his head not entering into a blind rhythm lane.

Good move on his part. never gained a position. A mature move for him.

fuck it, dock him. We need Monster Kawi to win this - Feld/AMA

|

4/15/2018 3:52 AM

Just some points on this and for the record I don’t believe this deserved a penalty.
1. He didn’t need to go off the track. He could of just rolled back a foot and turned into the right direction. He was trying to keep his momentum and not lose any positions.
2. If he went off track in that spot, the correct move was to turn around and enter the track in that spot I guess?
3. I don’t know why they would penalise him for this, surely no one protested that?? maybe the AMA are trying to make a point of all riders who don’t re-enter correctly.

|

4/15/2018 4:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2018 4:12 AM

As fucking corrupt as our Country. He did the right thing for safety for him and his fellow riders. There is no consistency in the rules of Supercross and Motocross in the U S and what the fuck is there a foreign body organization making rule for a American made Sport AKA Supercross. WADA/FIM

|

4/15/2018 6:16 AM

Cause they can do what ever the fuck they want. Without reason. They must have a dartboard where they randomly pick a penalty. Shit call

|

4/15/2018 6:58 AM

Because he's not monster energy supported.

|

4/15/2018 7:02 AM

peltier626 wrote:

Because he's not monster energy supported.

Exactly.

|

4/15/2018 7:30 AM

Unless they stated at the riders meeting that at this race we are going to start penalizing you if you don't get back on the track where you go off, this is BS. He did the same thing people have been doing all year without penalty. Seen many times with dudes pinned down that lane almost clipping workers with no penalty, he does the same and gets docked? Way to go gAyMA

|

4/15/2018 7:33 AM

It said on the official results sheet "Rider 21 loses one position for being on the throttle off of the track."

|

4/15/2018 7:34 AM

Good ride for anderson. Hope “he keeps it going” like he said 4 times. He did the right thing. Coulda been jumped on like jb51 and would be season over.

|

why does Kermit's fingers always smell like pork?

4/15/2018 7:55 AM

DanDunes818 wrote:

It said on the official results sheet "Rider 21 loses one position for being on the throttle off of the track."

About time they start enforcing that, Villopoto made that move cool.

|

4/15/2018 7:55 AM

The triple crown races were so bad. Awful. Glad they're behind us. It's such an amateur way of thinking. It would be legit if max points were paid out for each main but they're not. The penalty on Anderson is ridiculous but so is the triple crown

|

4/15/2018 8:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2018 8:05 AM

DanDunes818 wrote:

Lol didn't know idle was on the throttle

|

4/15/2018 8:15 AM

You girls crying about him reentering in a safe spot need to find a new sport. You're telling me one of the best riders in the world can't fucking reenter the track because there's a rhythm section? Go away.

|

4/15/2018 8:18 AM

It’s karma taking away a win from him since he was handed that win when they penalized Dungey

|

4/15/2018 8:27 AM

Typical AMA inconsistency. They dock Anderson for not going on the track in the rhythm lane which would be real dangerous but when marvin goes off the track in the sand section and goes wide open all the way down the straight outside the tuff blocks nothing?

|

4/15/2018 8:28 AM

Huge bummer for him. Not only did he lose 3-4 positions, that penalty cost him the “triple crown championship”

|

4/15/2018 8:32 AM

Mit12 wrote:

Typical AMA inconsistency. They dock Anderson for not going on the track in the rhythm lane which would be real dangerous but when marvin goes off the track in the sand section and goes wide open all the way down the straight outside the tuff blocks nothing?

The penalty had nothing to do with where he entered the track...it was that he accelerated down the side of the track...In my opinion Jason did nothing wrong, he entered at the safest possible place and did not gain any positions...whatever happened to the committee that was to make these decisions...maybe we didn't see what he did on TV but what we did see looked perfectly fine...

|

4/15/2018 8:39 AM

I'm starting to think the AMA uses a temp agency in each city to hire all or most of their race officials.

|

4/15/2018 8:47 AM

Dirtydeeds wrote:

Huge bummer for him. Not only did he lose 3-4 positions, that penalty cost him the “triple crown championship”

Him doing poorly in the 1st main & making the mistake of being overly aggressive on brayton cost him the win. Not the penalty.

|

4/15/2018 8:59 AM

Rdubs19 wrote:

I'm starting to think the AMA uses a temp agency in each city to hire all or most of their race officials.

Not sure about that, but I found their ride to the stadium.

Photo

|

I'm goin' off the rails on a crazy train

4/15/2018 9:09 AM

So they can tighten up the points. Duh. He's being watched like a hawk I'm sure.

|

4/15/2018 9:14 AM

I remember my days as a team manager in MTB racing, and often times a penalty is called out from another team manager-rarely the rule makers. So....in my experience, blame a TM at the competition, it's their job to bring this shit up.

|

4/15/2018 10:46 AM

The penalty was BS

|

4/15/2018 10:51 AM

Squirrelings wrote:

You girls crying about him reentering in a safe spot need to find a new sport. You're telling me one of the best riders in the world can't fucking reenter the track because there's a rhythm section? Go away.

And if Tomac got docked your mom would be buying you an extra box of Tampax today. You are consistently the dumbest person on Vital...Now that poor old Acidreamer has disappeared.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....