Why so many riders are getting hurt this year

Edited Date/Time 12/20/2013 4:52am
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_theory#Zero-sum_and_non-zero-sum

Game Theory.

Ones losses are another gains. There is no way we will ever truly see a perfect storm of a season.

BTW, missed you all!!
|
mx_563
12/19/2013 4:04pm Edited Date/Time 12/19/2013 4:04pm
4-strokes man. 4-strokes.
They are killing our sport.

SillyWoohooSillyWoohoo
NeKawBoy
12/19/2013 4:19pm
Many riders have expiring contracts at the end of the season. I believe they are pushing it to the limit to save their livelihood. Despite modest growth in the last 2 seasons MIC data indicates that sales of powersports units in North America are still off approximately 60%. And for the Japanese manufacturers many of the units that are selling are models with the lowest profit margins such as Ninja 300's and CBR 250's. Although TV numbers continue to grow and the stands continue to see record numbers the manufacturers that are financially responsible for putting the actual product on the track are still worse off than years past.

The Shop

12/19/2013 9:25pm Edited Date/Time 12/19/2013 9:26pm
My hypothesis: the higher ups are making some much needed gate-space for some pool boys. Adding 2 gates just wasn't enough....

jasonv43
12/19/2013 9:29pm Edited Date/Time 12/19/2013 9:29pm
Somehow this is connected to the Davalos Twins....
The Rock
12/19/2013 10:19pm
NeKawBoy wrote:
Many riders have expiring contracts at the end of the season. I believe they are pushing it to the limit to save their livelihood. Despite modest...
Many riders have expiring contracts at the end of the season. I believe they are pushing it to the limit to save their livelihood. Despite modest growth in the last 2 seasons MIC data indicates that sales of powersports units in North America are still off approximately 60%. And for the Japanese manufacturers many of the units that are selling are models with the lowest profit margins such as Ninja 300's and CBR 250's. Although TV numbers continue to grow and the stands continue to see record numbers the manufacturers that are financially responsible for putting the actual product on the track are still worse off than years past.
Good post. Sobering figures and I go back to what can we do to increase participation at the local level. since this is the lifeblood of the sport.
12/20/2013 2:26am
More guys getting hurt practicing than racing is a growing trend eh
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
12/20/2013 4:52am
NeKawBoy wrote:
Many riders have expiring contracts at the end of the season. I believe they are pushing it to the limit to save their livelihood. Despite modest...
The Rock wrote:
Good post. Sobering figures and I go back to [i]what can we do to increase participation at the local level[/i]. since this is the lifeblood of...
Good post. Sobering figures and I go back to what can we do to increase participation at the local level. since this is the lifeblood of the sport.
There's definitely a problem that's developed. Wouldn't it be something if the powers that be tried to make a change to fix or help the future of the sport instead of riding the wave till it's over?

Post a reply to: Why so many riders are getting hurt this year

The Latest