Why question Reed?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/28/2018 1:20 AM

Already a Reed thread confined in to the dumbdgeon..ok.
But I don't understand why so many question or criticise the guy?
He races supercross for a living..he continually states that he loves his job..
He is now sitting 19th in the 450 class ,some 25 points out of the top ten..
He had a very serious injury just prior to the start of the season, he's not fit and he's not very prepared...but he has shown up and soldiered on..made every main and got some points.
His 28 points will come in very handy when he's ready to rebound and start making top 10 finishes.
Considering that being in the top ten overall at the end of the series is very important if a rider is to get some support for the following year..
I think he will still make the top ten overall for the series, that has to be important to him..he's had a bad start but hasn't just quit...He may well take this sub standard ( for him ) start and use it to vault his way up into the top ten with a couple of really good results...
I'm just saying it makes perfect sense for him to be out there just doing what he can for now rather than go into a total points deficit hole..
Anyway, I'm neither a fan boy or a hater...just hope his plan works for him

|

2020 YZ450F
2006 YZ125
2013 YZ 250F special edition
2017 YZ 250
2015 YZ 250f soecial edition
2019 KTM 85 big wheel

1/28/2018 2:52 AM

People like to remember their riders in thier prime. They don't like seeing them struggle I guess and when they're really struggling, the excuses come out and so do the trolls

|

1/28/2018 3:57 AM

He's a legend who is doing what he want to do. No different to RV lining up at the X games on a snow cross bike or Straight rhythm. If they are having fun and can make it happen either on there own dim or with limited sponsors good for them.

|

1/28/2018 4:05 AM

People don't quite get how friggin old that guy is
You don't rebound from an injury as fast anymore. He will probably need almost all year to get comfortable again

|

1/28/2018 6:30 AM

I don't think he breaks the top 5 ever again. The funny part is that he actually thinks he can still win.

|

1/28/2018 6:32 AM

No idea how He will do results wise but He is a huge Fan favorite and that is really cool.

|

1/28/2018 6:51 AM

Respect a man that is going out on his terms. I got Reed's back.

|

United States of America

1/28/2018 7:00 AM

flyinb501 wrote:

I don't think he breaks the top 5 ever again. The funny part is that he actually thinks he can still win.

didn't he get 2nd once last year? He's hard to pass if he gets a good start or sometimes getting lapped... ask Dungy

|

1/28/2018 7:04 AM

Still wracking up main event starts and will break that record soon, that’s what his priority is.

|

1/28/2018 7:24 AM

On top of his age and coming back early from a pretty bad leg injury, do you really think that stock'ish Husky he's riding is anything close to ready to compete with factory bikes with absolutely no testing time?

I'd bet his leg/conditioning and bike set up will just about be ready to come out swinging at A1 by Las Vegas...

|

1/28/2018 7:29 AM

I agree, he has stated many times he’s out there to do what he loves and have fun. Leave the guy alone and lit him have his fun!

|

1/28/2018 7:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/28/2018 7:40 AM

Reed crashed or had some issue on lap 9 and lost about 50 seconds. The guy has heart to ride it out even though he already posted another start on his way to the record. And he didn’t just cruise.

I’ve had my doubts, but last night showed he hopes to build something more than just a main events starts record and just have fun.

|

1/28/2018 7:42 AM

Does he retire after breaking the record?

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

1/28/2018 7:50 AM

flyinb501 wrote:

Whats so funny about believing in yourself?

|

Racing motocross since 1996

1/28/2018 7:55 AM

I think by March 1st he should be close to around the 10th place spot but in this field and given his program, that is damn good!

|

1/28/2018 7:59 AM

His autograph line was tied for the longest, he got the most cheers during opening ceremonies, and people went nuts when he passed for 2nd in the LCQ. That LCQ bit should tell you all you need to know. His intro video has a shot of him on an 03 yz250, which by that time he was already somewhat of a veteran of the sport. He's so old that grandpa, dad and son all got to root for Chad in his prime. It's awesome and I have no clue why it bothers people.

|

Osama Bin Mixin - Head of the 2-stroke Taliban

1/28/2018 8:01 AM

If he can make the Main, he is one bad individual!

|

1/28/2018 8:29 AM

flyinb501 wrote:

mikec265 wrote:

didn't he get 2nd once last year? He's hard to pass if he gets a good start or sometimes getting lapped... ask Dungy

He did but that was on a factory bike, he also looked a lot slimmer last year.

|

KX125

1/28/2018 8:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/28/2018 8:48 AM

It was very obvious he's still recovering from a tough injury. The older you get, the harder and longer it takes to recover. In my teens, I seemed to recover from most minor injuries in the matter of hours - usually felt like it would take 12-48 hours on most minor injuries to at least get to the point of gutting it out for a sport. In my twenties, it took days to recover. 30's, weeks to recover, 40's it takes months to recover. And that is for minor injuries. Serious injuries take over a year to recover at his age. The bike looks fine and I'm sure Goose has that thing dialed. Chad is just still recovering and hasn't been able to train as hard as needed to in order to compete with the elite riders that do it every day. When he's healthy and in shape, he will be a top 5-10 place finisher consistently with an occasional podium in this group of riders.

|

1/28/2018 8:52 AM

To me it shows just how much he loves the sport. Not like riders like Dungey and Poto who quit in their prime due to Baker burnout. They came to a point where they cannot stand the thought of lining up again even though they would have made millions of dollars. I’m all for Reed being out there. Did you hear the cheers he was getting when he was running top 3 in the LCQ. The fans appreciate what he has done and are still pulling for him every week

|

1/28/2018 9:16 AM

Its OK to question Reed, or anyone, for that matter. This medium that we are all on, is exactly what discussion is for. When people make it, and/or take it personal, well, therein lies the rub.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

1/28/2018 9:29 AM

Downunder wrote:

He's a legend who is doing what he want to do. No different to RV lining up at the X games on a snow cross bike or Straight rhythm. If they are having fun and can make it happen either on there own dim or with limited sponsors good for them.

No different than RV lining up at Xgames?

Dramatic differences:
RV on snow bike is a side show antic, in the name of fun, new experiences, perhaps begged by ESPN at a hope for some sort of ratings pull as the Xgames ratings have been falling year over year and one would predict that there is not a big financial commitment from sponsors on that.

Reed racing SX is still his primary focus, intent and what he sells himself to sponsors, when Reed doesnt do well, it surely crushes him, RV failing at a side show can be laughed off. Don't confuse the two situations.

|

1/28/2018 10:14 AM

I think....if he can still qualify , and he wants to be there....I don't see why he wouldn't line up.

He'll be back inside the top 10 before too long I think. Ankle has to heal.

I learned a long time ago ( numerous times )........Don't EVER count that guy out when he's healthy!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/28/2018 10:57 AM

Even without looking, I immediately knew that the author of this thread was going to be someone down under...........

|

1/28/2018 12:04 PM

kzizok wrote:

Its OK to question Reed, or anyone, for that matter. This medium that we are all on, is exactly what discussion is for. When people make it, and/or take it personal, well, therein lies the rub.

Yes. And it’s also OK to question the validity of the criticism of any rider.

|

1/28/2018 12:18 PM

Camp332 wrote:

like someone who commits suicide?

sorry man, that's not great logic, it's just romantic drivel. the most dignified way to go out is on top, regardless of whos choice it is. the further way from that, the less dignity there is in it. that applies to everything in life. so, like it or not, the respect Chad earned in his career is not grandfathered in, and the longer he continues to be unsuccessful, the less respect there'll be. this isn't about what he has done, this is about what he is doing. the strongest impression is always the most recent.

|

1/28/2018 12:21 PM

APLMAN99 wrote:

Even without looking, I immediately knew that the author of this thread was going to be someone down under...........

yeah, fanboys are as transparent as a crystal champagne glass.

|

1/28/2018 12:23 PM

Its like watching Michael Jordan not be able to dunk anymore.

|

1/28/2018 1:03 PM

Camp332 wrote:

Katoomey wrote:

sorry man, that's not great logic, it's just romantic drivel. the most dignified way to go out is on top, regardless of whos choice it is. the further way from that, the less dignity there is in it. that applies to everything in life. so, like it or not, the respect Chad earned in his career is not grandfathered in, and the longer he continues to be unsuccessful, the less respect there'll be. this isn't about what he has done, this is about what he is doing. the strongest impression is always the most recent.

I'm sorry....but this isn't only complete and utter bullshit , it's really a sad way at looking at life.

You are seriously comparing Reed's riding to that of a person committing suicide? What happens when that mid 30 year old , multi-time champion gets healed up and starts getting inside the top 5 - 10th again? You think that people won't respect that?

You don't think " Real fan's " of this sport don't cheer for that guy , even if he's in 18th?

This has got to be one of the stupidest things said on here in quite some time. At least this week it is....

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/28/2018 1:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/28/2018 1:18 PM

Camp332 wrote:

Katoomey wrote:

Respect? You obviously have no clue what respect even is. Reedy will be respected for the rest of eternity. He's put his name in the history books. Made his mark in life. What about you, who, and how many people will remember you? You'll fade into obscurity. Like you never even existed. A fart in the wind. A piss in the ocean.
Reedy's name is, and will forever be, LEGENDARY!

|