Why oh why has there never been a documentary on the goat???

Edited Date/Time 7/11/2018 4:02am
From his mini days right up to retiring and life after.
Interviews with kids he raced and pics of those minis, inside stories from pc and just a general great watch??

Let me do it lol
|
MXD
7/10/2018 7:59am
Because as big as he is to us, our sport is a mere grain of sand on the beach of professional sports.
Crush
7/10/2018 8:33am
Well there is like the first few TGO movies Haha.

But seriously, what’s the story? He fuckin won everything and had two years moving up where he didn’t.... apart from that, anyone who might have challenged never had shit go their way and Ricky was always so good that it would be repetitive as hell.

You kinda need some drama for intrigue.
7/10/2018 8:37am
That's why I think his am days and early pro Yeats would be cool. The old pics and footage
7/10/2018 8:40am
Wasn’t much footage back in those days...nobody had gopros. And personal camcorders were expensive.

The Shop

7/10/2018 8:46am
Crush wrote:
Well there is like the first few TGO movies Haha. But seriously, what’s the story? He fuckin won everything and had two years moving up where...

But seriously, what’s the story? He fuckin won everything and had two years moving up where he didn’t.... apart from that, anyone who might have challenged never had shit go their way and Ricky was always so good that it would be repetitive as hell.

IDK, I don't think that should be a problem. A good director can milk "drama" from just about anything. RC raced and beat the very best; he has a great personality too. IMO there's more than enough material to work with. I would love to see a doc on him.
Eighty4
7/10/2018 9:09am
Herlings retired? That's news to me.
BobPA
7/10/2018 9:17am
MXD wrote:
Because as big as he is to us, our sport is a mere grain of sand on the beach of professional sports.
He is pretty big...
pkiczuk
7/10/2018 11:00am
IDK, I don't think that should be a problem. A good director can milk "drama" from just about anything. RC raced and beat the very best...
IDK, I don't think that should be a problem. A good director can milk "drama" from just about anything. RC raced and beat the very best; he has a great personality too. IMO there's more than enough material to work with. I would love to see a doc on him.
I don't know about that great personality, the dude was a complete arrogant asshole. He was a complete dick to the fans. Every time I was at the nationals and in the pits he blew everyone off. Someone asked him to sign a poster once and he asked them where they stole it from. Wouldn't smile, wave, just sat there avoiding any and all eye contact and when he did talk to anyone (including the guys on his own team) there was always an attitude. IDK maybe he just hated southwick?
7/10/2018 12:15pm
Would it be financially worth it? As said, the sport is fairly small on the scale of things
mark_swart
7/10/2018 12:19pm
Stewart would have made for a more interesting movie... if you cut it off in 2009!
Racer111
7/10/2018 1:26pm
Eighty4 wrote:
How many AMA National and Supercross championships did Herlings win again?
Herlings hasn’t won ONE Prwmier class title. GTFO with that GOAT shit. He’s not even allowed to sniff RC’s MX boots yet. RC never LOST an Outdoor Title in 10 years. Herlings hasn’t even won a single one yet.
7/10/2018 1:46pm
About as many World Mx titles that Carmichael won....just saying.
About how many guys are on the line at a GP? Here in the states we have to run qualifiers to decide who gets to race.
DR176
7/10/2018 1:53pm
Would it be financially worth it? As said, the sport is fairly small on the scale of things
Unfortunately I see this being the main issue.
jeffro503
7/10/2018 4:05pm
Andy......RC whooped a 10 time world champion on a 2 stroke 250 , while the world champion was on a factory 426. There is one thing in this sport that anyone with any knowledge , would / could never disagree on......and that's RC is and probably always will be the goat.

Herlings is great.....as have been many other riders before him. And they can't even smell the sweat off RC's jock strap. That is 100% fact.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
7/10/2018 4:49pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2018 4:54pm
Eighty4 wrote:
Herlings goes beyond the local titles and goes after World titles. It’s not really a comparison

I agree that RC is the GOAT, but documentary worthy? Maybe if he was multi time world champion the general public may have a ounce of interest, but National dominance may not impress them as much

At least we can watch the TGO series
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
7/10/2018 4:51pm
About how many guys are on the line at a GP? Here in the states we have to run qualifiers to decide who gets to race.
Unfortunately half the guys that make the field could not podium in the B class at Loretta’s
Braaaphole
7/10/2018 7:22pm
IDK, I don't think that should be a problem. A good director can milk "drama" from just about anything. RC raced and beat the very best...
pkiczuk wrote:
I don't know about that great personality, the dude was a complete arrogant asshole. He was a complete dick to the fans. Every time I was...
I don't know about that great personality, the dude was a complete arrogant asshole. He was a complete dick to the fans. Every time I was at the nationals and in the pits he blew everyone off. Someone asked him to sign a poster once and he asked them where they stole it from. Wouldn't smile, wave, just sat there avoiding any and all eye contact and when he did talk to anyone (including the guys on his own team) there was always an attitude. IDK maybe he just hated southwick?
We talked to RC at Loretta's last year and he was awesome. He was smiling, laughing, joking around with people, and seemed to genuinely be having a good time.

That said, I was talking to him in New Orleans in 2002 I believe when his bike was getting torn down and inspected. He was clearly distracted and short with us. Wasn't until the following week when I heard he got busted for a modified frame that it made sense why he was acting the way he was after just winning a race. He knew he was about to get busted.
swtwtwtw
7/10/2018 8:06pm
FYI, goat and fmotp are two different things
7/10/2018 10:24pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2018 11:46pm
pkiczuk wrote:
I don't know about that great personality, the dude was a complete arrogant asshole. He was a complete dick to the fans. Every time I was...
Met him in 2010 and he was nothing but a nice guy. My son said he raced too and Ricky asked my son how his race went the weekend before and said he's glad that he'll be retired before he had to race against him. Ricky was retired at this time and was probably a lot more laid back. You don't do what RC did by not not being a tad cocky and having razor shape focus. You know being a pro and focused on what your being paid to do.
7/11/2018 12:36am
jeffro503 wrote:
Andy......RC whooped a 10 time world champion on a 2 stroke 250 , while the world champion was on a factory 426. There is one thing...
Andy......RC whooped a 10 time world champion on a 2 stroke 250 , while the world champion was on a factory 426. There is one thing in this sport that anyone with any knowledge , would / could never disagree on......and that's RC is and probably always will be the goat.

Herlings is great.....as have been many other riders before him. And they can't even smell the sweat off RC's jock strap. That is 100% fact.
That’s your opinion...cool, I disagree. As for Herlings, way to early in the game at this moment in time.
make1go
7/11/2018 12:56am
Crush wrote:
Well there is like the first few TGO movies Haha. But seriously, what’s the story? He fuckin won everything and had two years moving up where...

petrol gate, injury recovery speed unbridled aroggance, why did honda say "go", etc
unless its a lovefest there is plenty of dirt to dig..

pkiczuk
7/11/2018 4:02am
Well I'm glad to read he seems to have come around personality wise. It was very disheartening to see that when I was a kid, especially when every other rider was incredibly outgoing and nice.

Post a reply to: Why oh why has there never been a documentary on the goat???

The Latest