Why no status on Moreau?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/15/2020 4:02 PM

The guy went down VERY hard in practice and is rumored to be very injured. Why hasn’t there been anything today? Race being in FELD’s backyard have anything to do with it?

|

2/15/2020 4:50 PM

He just crashed this afternoon.

Could be a myriad of reasons. Maybe the team hasn't released info, maybe there's a gazillion other things to cover, maybe they forgot.

|

2/16/2020 4:38 AM

|

2/16/2020 4:54 AM

Oh no... Man that sucks
I was hoping he just sit out because he was a little banged up after that crash. Never knew he crashed that hard.
What a shame. Hope he can come back soon and prove himself in the US. He doesn't have much time and he doesn't have the credentials yet to be hired by another team when his contract runs out

|

2/16/2020 4:57 AM

Wangben wrote:

C7 vertebra fracture according to moto-verte
https://moto-station.com/moto-verte/mx-sx/fracture-de-la-vertebre-c7-pour-brian-moreau/467066

crusty_xx wrote:

Oh no... Man that sucks
I was hoping he just sit out because he was a little banged up after that crash. Never knew he crashed that hard.
What a shame. Hope he can come back soon and prove himself in the US. He doesn't have much time and he doesn't have the credentials yet to be hired by another team when his contract runs out

I was just about to post something similar. Moreau got a one year deal right? His SX career could be over before it ever begun...

|

2/16/2020 5:00 AM

Wangben wrote:

C7 vertebra fracture according to moto-verte
https://moto-station.com/moto-verte/mx-sx/fracture-de-la-vertebre-c7-pour-brian-moreau/467066

crusty_xx wrote:

Oh no... Man that sucks

Motofinne wrote:

I was just about to post something similar. Moreau got a one year deal right? His SX career could be over before it ever begun...

Where is he from and who is he riding for?

|

2/16/2020 5:03 AM

crusty_xx wrote:

Oh no... Man that sucks

Motofinne wrote:

quadzrulebro wrote:

2 year deal. He is from France riding for TLD. Damn it sucks, hopefully he will recover well

|

2/16/2020 5:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/16/2020 6:27 AM

Motofinne wrote:

quadzrulebro wrote:

Cortami79 wrote:

2 year deal. He is from France riding for TLD. Damn it sucks, hopefully he will recover well

That is good news.

Edit: Just to clarify, the two year deal is good news. The injury is horrible and lets hope that the news are positive when we hear more.

|

2/16/2020 5:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/16/2020 5:34 AM

Initial “prognosis” floating around the pits last night wasn’t good on his condition...

Fingers crossed for the kid.

|

2/16/2020 5:59 AM

Well that doesn’t sound good ML. I really hope the kid makes a full recovery whatever it is

|

2/16/2020 6:01 AM

SX is such an unforgiving sport. Hopefully he recovers from his injury.

|

2/16/2020 6:18 AM

I hope next year he performs well, but if he doesn't, french fans are really going to be angry. He is seen as a big potential with a lot of talent, but did nothing impressing in mxgp and still hasn't proven anything in Supercross

|

2/16/2020 6:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/16/2020 6:51 AM

If you google Moreau supercross.... MXvice translated the statement released by his family today.

Wishing the very best and a SPEEDY and full recovery For Brian!!!

|

2/16/2020 6:56 AM

Ti wrote:

If you google Moreau supercross.... MXvice translated the statement released by his family today.

Wishing the very best and a SPEEDY and full recovery For Brian!!!

“Good morning all.
We wanted to let you know about Brian's condition.

Brian was operated on his vertebrae last night at the Tampa Hospital. The operation went well and Brian woke up well. He is currently in intensive care, but the doctors will only be able to comment on his state of health in several days…
Brian is a very brave and strong boy and is aware of everything! 💪

We would like to thank everyone who supports us.

Obviously I do not thank the people who on the other hand still allow themselves to criticize it in such moments!

We will keep you informed when we know more.

Moreau family… ”

|

2/16/2020 7:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/16/2020 7:35 AM

imjusthere wrote:

The guy went down VERY hard in practice and is rumored to be very injured. Why hasn’t there been anything today? Race being in FELD’s backyard have anything to do with it?

Feld's proximity has nothing to do with it. The usual things about a spinal injury, and not knowing the outcome until swelling goes down have everything to do with it.

Spinal injuries do not work on any internet time schedule.

|

2/16/2020 10:23 AM

Terrible news. Keeping my fingers crossed he will make a full recovery. This sport really sucks sometimes.

|

I HATE FOURSTROKES
www.racelife.se

2/16/2020 10:25 AM

Horrible news hate this side to this sport I wish the young lad all the best and hope he recovers well .

|

2/16/2020 10:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/16/2020 10:26 AM

He's young, strong and healthy.
I'm gonna remain positive and hope for the best.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

2/16/2020 10:45 AM

Very positive vibes sent. Get well please.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

2/16/2020 11:43 AM

Horrible news hope he has full recovery.
Anyone know what happened?

|

2/16/2020 1:23 PM

Praying that his outcome will be better than worse.

|

2/16/2020 2:18 PM

Anyone have a video of the crash or know how it happened?

|

2/16/2020 3:37 PM

I'm C7..
Fuck
I'm sending positive vibes his way..

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

2/16/2020 3:43 PM

jemcee wrote:

I'm C7..
Fuck

Jemcee...are you in a chair?

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

2/16/2020 4:13 PM

jemcee wrote:

I'm C7..
Fuck

plowboy wrote:

Jemcee...are you in a chair?

Yeah man.. First turn crash in 2003

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

2/16/2020 7:08 PM

Having just had a fusion from a burst L1 this does not sound good based on these reports. I dodged a bullet hoping the best for the kid.

|

2/16/2020 7:09 PM

Fucking hell. It’s why we hate and love this sport all at once. Hope to see a full recovery.

|

2/16/2020 7:24 PM

Hoping this kid gets a full recovery. These are the times I hate the sport. Damn.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

2/16/2020 7:53 PM

imjusthere wrote:

GuyB wrote:

Feld's proximity has nothing to do with it. The usual things about a spinal injury, and not knowing the outcome until swelling goes down have everything to do with it.

Spinal injuries do not work on any internet time schedule.

Oh no, this sounds bad, really bad. Prayers for Brian and family.

|

2/16/2020 8:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/16/2020 8:17 PM

kalebutler wrote:

Anyone have a video of the crash or know how it happened?

If I'm correct, something went wrong while tripling a jump. He got ejected from the bike, head first into the take off of the next jump. His own body weight and probably some g-forces (from the speed of the crash) putting pressure on his head and spine.

Thats how I've understood it, reading the story on Le Big.

Let send positive thoughts to Brian and his family. Wishing him a full recovery.

|