Why no scott(beside goggles) in the US market;

Edited Date/Time 10/1/2018 2:31pm
Hello vital,longtime reader,first post.I live in Greece and wanted to buy some gear from scott.As i was in their website i noticed that they only sell goggles in the us,despite being a head to toe company.Anyone has a scoop around this;Thanks.

|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/1/2018 8:09am
I know they tried to market it in the US several years ago and I think it just didn't take off like they were hoping for so they decided to pull the plug.

I know one thing their Star Wars looking boots were hideous.
10/1/2018 9:02am
Motofinne wrote:
You should be able to order direct through their GB website (or any other euro Scott site)!

https://www.scott-sports.com/gb/en/products/motosports-offroad-shirtsJe…
Thanks.I have no problem finding them here(Greece).I was just surprised by their absense in the us market since they are a large company and US is the biggest moto market globally.
Motofinne
10/1/2018 10:22am
Motofinne wrote:
You should be able to order direct through their GB website (or any other euro Scott site)!

Thanks.I have no problem finding them here(Greece).I was just surprised by their absense in the us market since they are a large company and US is...
Thanks.I have no problem finding them here(Greece).I was just surprised by their absense in the us market since they are a large company and US is the biggest moto market globally.
I think that Matthes did a Racer X podcast with someone from Scott or someone that has worked for Scott and they talked about it. They talked about Scott selling gear started conflicts with their business partners in the goggle sector.

Im sure someone knows exactly who it was!

The Shop

holt352
10/1/2018 11:51am
It is direct competition with distributors and their gear companies (WPS/FLY, TuckerRocky/ANSR, MTA/SHOT) That was the issue a few years back when they tried.
HenryA
10/1/2018 12:50pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I know they tried to market it in the US several years ago and I think it just didn't take off like they were hoping for...
I know they tried to market it in the US several years ago and I think it just didn't take off like they were hoping for so they decided to pull the plug.

Haha never forget!

I saw a lot of them on the shelf....never once at the track Huh
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/1/2018 12:56pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I know they tried to market it in the US several years ago and I think it just didn't take off like they were hoping for...

HenryA wrote:
Haha never forget! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/10/01/290662/s1200_b805b391fa6413820596d133f179428f.jpg[/img] I saw a lot of them on the shelf....never once at the track :huh:
Haha never forget!

I've never seen a pair in person and I'm fine with that lol. I wonder what they did with them? They obviously didn't sell well. No use for them outside of moto. Trash? Recycled? Liquidated back to the country they were made?
Motofinne
10/1/2018 1:08pm
A friend that had them got probably 5 pairs in one season because they fell apart haha...
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/1/2018 1:22pm
Motofinne wrote:
A friend that had them got probably 5 pairs in one season because they fell apart haha...
Free of charge I hope or he might not be the sharpest tool in the shed lol.
Motofinne
10/1/2018 1:24pm
Motofinne wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Free of charge I hope or he might not be the sharpest tool in the shed lol.
Yeah he bought 2 pairs and got 3 for free during the season Laughing
Tonynz
10/1/2018 1:49pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

HenryA wrote:
Haha never forget! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/10/01/290662/s1200_b805b391fa6413820596d133f179428f.jpg[/img] I saw a lot of them on the shelf....never once at the track :huh:
Haha never forget!

I bought a used pair a few months back to go in my collection with the brand new orginal boots I have.

JD167
10/1/2018 2:02pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

HenryA wrote:
Haha never forget!

I kinda liked the genius boot, they were pretty comfortable all around and i'm not gonna lie I thought they looked cool as hell and still do hahaha. My only qualm with them was that the shifter/footpeg/brake feel just wasn't as good as most other highend boots.
DownSouth
10/1/2018 2:31pm
Motofinne wrote:

Thanks.I have no problem finding them here(Greece).I was just surprised by their absense in the us market since they are a large company and US is...
Motofinne wrote:
I think that Matthes did a Racer X podcast with someone from Scott or someone that has worked for Scott and they talked about it. They...
I think that Matthes did a Racer X podcast with someone from Scott or someone that has worked for Scott and they talked about it. They talked about Scott selling gear started conflicts with their business partners in the goggle sector.

Im sure someone knows exactly who it was!
That was Primo from Scott on the podcast. He also talked in the podcast about destroying piles of the genius boots that no one wanted.

Post a reply to: Why no scott(beside goggles) in the US market;

The Latest