Why no mookie tomorrow?

djc
Edited Date/Time 10/21/2017 3:45pm
Ok James I get. He has gone Dave letterman but why is mookie not racing? Considering the line up I would think he has a good chance to win
|
kkawboy14
10/20/2017 12:42pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2017 12:42pm
Mookie beat MM?
mauidex
10/20/2017 12:47pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2017 12:47pm
djc wrote:
Ok James I get. He has gone Dave letterman but why is mookie not racing? Considering the line up I would think he has a good...
Ok James I get. He has gone Dave letterman but why is mookie not racing? Considering the line up I would think he has a good chance to win
read Genovas Q & A thread and you'll have your answer................the fat lady has sung for the Stewart bros me thinks!!DizzyDizzy
10/20/2017 12:49pm
I think they may be just done with the whole moto thing. Moving on to golf maybe? Or fushing?
Motofinne
10/20/2017 1:02pm
Here is my bold prediction:

Both Stewarts are done with racing.

The Shop

hasko158
10/20/2017 1:21pm
It's just one bad career move after another with them. James feels even though he was paid millions by teams and sponsors he doesn't owe anyone anything so can't even call someone like Red Bull back. Then Mookie must think because of the name on his jersey he doesn't need to work hard or even show up to get a ride. It's disappointing as both are fun to watch and Mookie could have a great future if he'd go his own way instead of thinking he's James.
10/20/2017 1:28pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2017 1:31pm
hasko158 wrote:
It's just one bad career move after another with them. James feels even though he was paid millions by teams and sponsors he doesn't owe anyone...
It's just one bad career move after another with them. James feels even though he was paid millions by teams and sponsors he doesn't owe anyone anything so can't even call someone like Red Bull back. Then Mookie must think because of the name on his jersey he doesn't need to work hard or even show up to get a ride. It's disappointing as both are fun to watch and Mookie could have a great future if he'd go his own way instead of thinking he's James.
But are they actually bad career moves or just bad fan-appreciation/general-sport-enjoyment moves?

I mean, I don't truely know what the money situation is like out there, but it seems like there's a whole lot of guys spending their own money fighting for unpaid or low paid rides.
SPODEBOY
10/20/2017 1:33pm

The long silence is definitely a mystery. If I were a fan I'd interpret that as a middle finger.
10/20/2017 1:35pm
You know, I kinda forgot about Malc.

Shame. Real shame.
10/20/2017 1:37pm
Motofinne wrote:

Why would Malcom be done? He just moved up to 450’s and he won the championship his last 250 year.
moto284
10/20/2017 1:41pm
maybe they both are just burnt out with the dirtbike thing, if they dont have to work because they have made enough and dirtbikes arnt fun anymore then why not just do whatever else
tek14
10/20/2017 1:42pm
Motofinne wrote:

Why would Malcom be done? He just moved up to 450’s and he won the championship his last 250 year.
Mookie posted many cycling n workout stuff like he was seriously preparing for next season...
then something didn't go as they (big james?) wanted and we haven't heard from Mookie since.
As Genova said QA that Mookie was asking if they had opening as something didn't workout.
There are no spots open this late and they didn't learn anything from last year.
mauidex
10/20/2017 1:43pm
Motofinne wrote:

We spent considerable time and effort meeting with big James and Malcolm after Vegas in May. Malcolm spent a ton of his own money last year and in his own words his bike was not so good. So with that said he seemed really interested in putting a deal together. After a month and half going by and no returned calls from Malcolm we simply asked via text if we should take him off our list and he responded yes.
Motofinne
10/20/2017 1:45pm
Motofinne wrote:

The career moves that he has made makes me question his desire to do this. And no one will hire him for a 450 ride while he is at the lake fishing or sitting on his couch.

But that might be a smart move. It's a dangerous sport. Why risk your life if you can't make a living of it.

Malcolm and Wilson were in the exact same position 1 year ago. Look at where they are now. 2 very different ways of making it happen and one was clearly successful.
10/20/2017 1:55pm
mauidex wrote:
We spent considerable time and effort meeting with big James and Malcolm after Vegas in May. Malcolm spent a ton of his own money last year...
We spent considerable time and effort meeting with big James and Malcolm after Vegas in May. Malcolm spent a ton of his own money last year and in his own words his bike was not so good. So with that said he seemed really interested in putting a deal together. After a month and half going by and no returned calls from Malcolm we simply asked via text if we should take him off our list and he responded yes.
Wow, really?..can I ask who you guys are please?....
twotwosix
10/20/2017 2:02pm
mauidex wrote:
We spent considerable time and effort meeting with big James and Malcolm after Vegas in May. Malcolm spent a ton of his own money last year...
#76 wrote:
Wow, really?..can I ask who you guys are please?....
He is quoting Mike Genova of Motoconcepts, who stated that earlier this week.
Flatliner
10/20/2017 2:41pm
Such a weird situation, it’s pretty obvious mcr puts a solid bike out there.

Can’t imagine it was a no salary offer either. Sometimes you take the deal instead of waiting on other maybe deals.
VicDaMoan03
10/20/2017 2:49pm
Kinda crappy how he couldn't answer a phone call from an interested team IMO. Not a good look.
Stephon
10/20/2017 3:37pm
hasko158 wrote:
It's just one bad career move after another with them. James feels even though he was paid millions by teams and sponsors he doesn't owe anyone...
I'd guess that James dealt with some things over the years on the circuit that were quite unpleasant. He worked hard enough for long enough do whatever he wants to do, it seems that he's doing just that. That said, I wish he would have done a lot of things different in his career, but that's just my own selfishness in wanting to see him on the track battling and blowing minds. I don't think he "owes" anyone, anything. He's risked plenty for a check, for the fans, for the love of the sport, etc. It seems that contractually he pretty much did what he was obligated to do.
djc
10/20/2017 4:24pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2017 4:25pm
As much as I hate it James I get just walking away. But mookie I don't. I am just going by things I have seen on tv and videos but it seems mookie may have a little less motivation to just ride. If anything I would think Malcom would be doing the off season races and at least making some money off that.

In terms of a business model yeah James is not the one to follow becaus he is a special person and let's be real, up until a year or so ago he can do what he wants pretty much. Mookie can't follow the same imo by being quiet and just not racing. I'm sure he is trying or was to put stuff to her and I don't blame him for not wanting to just throw money away. At the same time I don't know what deal Malcom wants and despite his not so great season last year I would think he is a sought after rider to hire Based on his potential. Would hire him for sure
Flatliner
10/20/2017 4:32pm
djc wrote:
As much as I hate it James I get just walking away. But mookie I don't. I am just going by things I have seen on...
As much as I hate it James I get just walking away. But mookie I don't. I am just going by things I have seen on tv and videos but it seems mookie may have a little less motivation to just ride. If anything I would think Malcom would be doing the off season races and at least making some money off that.

In terms of a business model yeah James is not the one to follow becaus he is a special person and let's be real, up until a year or so ago he can do what he wants pretty much. Mookie can't follow the same imo by being quiet and just not racing. I'm sure he is trying or was to put stuff to her and I don't blame him for not wanting to just throw money away. At the same time I don't know what deal Malcom wants and despite his not so great season last year I would think he is a sought after rider to hire Based on his potential. Would hire him for sure
Sounds like motoconcepts tried to do just that.
305FC250
10/20/2017 5:11pm
Could care less about a guy that shows zero drive to get a ride. I'd rather the guys like Wilson and Barcia get rides cause they show how hard they work for this. Lets just let Malcolm move on with his life.
djc
10/20/2017 6:19pm
djc wrote:
As much as I hate it James I get just walking away. But mookie I don't. I am just going by things I have seen on...

Flatliner wrote:
Sounds like motoconcepts tried to do just that.
i agree but now what I want to know is what the hell kind of deal does Malcom want. I know he should not ride for free and so on but the way things are going if you don't have the results then you have to prove yourself to get paid.

Honestly I have no right to criticize the guy. I have zero clue about anything he is trying to do and obviously he was trying to do his best it just sucks that someone with his potential is not racing I just feel radio silence for James may be ok but not for Malcom
hasko158
10/20/2017 7:01pm
hasko158 wrote:
But are they actually bad [i]career[/i] moves or just bad [i]fan-appreciation/general-sport-enjoyment[/i] moves? I mean, I don't truely know what the money situation is like out there...
But are they actually bad career moves or just bad fan-appreciation/general-sport-enjoyment moves?

I mean, I don't truely know what the money situation is like out there, but it seems like there's a whole lot of guys spending their own money fighting for unpaid or low paid rides.
I agree the sport isn't healthy for everyone, but if you wanted to race wouldn't you be racing? There are guys that finished right around Mookie who kept racing and still don't have rides, so why would a guy who's been fishing get the ride over them?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/20/2017 7:08pm
Why no Mookie? It's simple. He's too lazy to get off his ass and work to get a ride. Feels entitled to the best rides out there while putting no effort.

It doesn't work that way. He might be a Stewart but he's not James. That said James has been gone so long he himself can't expect to get a top tier ride.
Lightning78
10/20/2017 7:19pm
Motofinne wrote:

mauidex wrote:
Wow that’s amazing considering Malcolm had access to James Yz Parts I’m sure from factory Suzuki and not to mention how majority of racers are on record saying that whites are so good today you could throw your own factory level suspension on their piston and just get with get ignition and you have a bike that’s capable of not only winning races but even likely a championship that is so Lame to continue to blame your bike when it’s constantly been proven that it’s not the case especially if you’re spending his own money in the bike wasn’t good makes me think that either he wasn’t trying to make it better and just start throwing money at it would fix it or he didn’t test enough to figure out what could make the bike better I just smell bullshit here end it seems to me that nothing was trying to ride on the Stewart name coattails a little too hard we hasn’t proven anything except winning A 250 regional title by virtue of a little luck and a lot of skill that year.

As for James and everybody saying he doesn’t owe us anything no he doesn’t physically I was anything but as a courtesy to all the fans that supported his sponsors and his basically career throughout the years if November paid attention to him and he didn’t have any fans he would never have reached the level of stardom and income that he did. So in a roundabout way it would be the right thing to do, just come out and make a statement I’m done or hey ive retired rather than just ignore everybody and leave everybody guessing it’s really a dick move and lacks professionalism from a guy who really wrote the book on being the best in the world on a dirtbike. That doesn’t mean he’s going to be forced to do any interviews even turned on every interview want and I could care less just closing the book on his career in a simple statement hell for all I care could be an Instagram post gives a shit just throw it out there. It’s incredibly frustrating to read people miss interpreting the whole “he doesn’t owe us anything statement” The blisters excuse was stupid and childish as well even Roczen isn’t having those kind of problems with coming back after his injury.
scootch
10/20/2017 7:28pm
Wow that’s amazing considering Malcolm had access to James Yz Parts I’m sure from factory Suzuki and not to mention how majority of racers are on...
Wow that’s amazing considering Malcolm had access to James Yz Parts I’m sure from factory Suzuki and not to mention how majority of racers are on record saying that whites are so good today you could throw your own factory level suspension on their piston and just get with get ignition and you have a bike that’s capable of not only winning races but even likely a championship that is so Lame to continue to blame your bike when it’s constantly been proven that it’s not the case especially if you’re spending his own money in the bike wasn’t good makes me think that either he wasn’t trying to make it better and just start throwing money at it would fix it or he didn’t test enough to figure out what could make the bike better I just smell bullshit here end it seems to me that nothing was trying to ride on the Stewart name coattails a little too hard we hasn’t proven anything except winning A 250 regional title by virtue of a little luck and a lot of skill that year.

As for James and everybody saying he doesn’t owe us anything no he doesn’t physically I was anything but as a courtesy to all the fans that supported his sponsors and his basically career throughout the years if November paid attention to him and he didn’t have any fans he would never have reached the level of stardom and income that he did. So in a roundabout way it would be the right thing to do, just come out and make a statement I’m done or hey ive retired rather than just ignore everybody and leave everybody guessing it’s really a dick move and lacks professionalism from a guy who really wrote the book on being the best in the world on a dirtbike. That doesn’t mean he’s going to be forced to do any interviews even turned on every interview want and I could care less just closing the book on his career in a simple statement hell for all I care could be an Instagram post gives a shit just throw it out there. It’s incredibly frustrating to read people miss interpreting the whole “he doesn’t owe us anything statement” The blisters excuse was stupid and childish as well even Roczen isn’t having those kind of problems with coming back after his injury.
woah, dude
10/20/2017 8:11pm
Soooo in reality what did james do to deserve so much hate? He’s been racing for years and years and years. Made a ton of money and won a ton of races. Anyone that was lucky enough to see him ride should
Be thanking him. So everyone hates him because he didn’t go on Instagram and give us an update? You don’t think he’s thanked his sponsors in person? You guys think the only way to thank someone is over the Internet? He don’t owe us fans anything we owe him the biggest thank you for his insane talents. We won’t see another stew for a while
mb60
10/20/2017 8:21pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Why no Mookie? It's simple. He's too lazy to get off his ass and work to get a ride. Feels entitled to the best rides out...
Why no Mookie? It's simple. He's too lazy to get off his ass and work to get a ride. Feels entitled to the best rides out there while putting no effort.

It doesn't work that way. He might be a Stewart but he's not James. That said James has been gone so long he himself can't expect to get a top tier ride.
So you know that Mookie is lazy and feels entitled ? What makes you a expert on what it takes to ride at this level on your own dime ? Besides the fact that you comment on every topic posted on vital. It's people like you that really crack me up in this sport. LOL

Post a reply to: Why no mookie tomorrow?

The Latest