Why no EBV in MXGP...why no PED positives?

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/20/2019 2:28pm
ayearinmx wrote:
i'm not naive enough to believe that people don't cheat..... but i'm also not a journalist without a shred of evidence, working for this website who...
i'm not naive enough to believe that people don't cheat..... but i'm also not a journalist without a shred of evidence, working for this website who has just said that MXGP riders must use PEDs because they aren't getting EBV....

There’s a difference between being a contributor to a site, and being employed full-time.
themrtoad
8/20/2019 2:41pm
GuyB wrote:
There’s a difference between being a contributor to a site, and being employed full-time.
Great contributor. Don’t you think there’s enough bs floating around in here already? You feel ”you” guys needed to contribute? I wouldn’t spend my money on advertising in here if I was representing a company with a global market. This was very unprofessionell.
philG
8/20/2019 2:46pm
What he said. PED’s provide a health boost that prevents and treats EBV. Also those guys get more weeks off to rest.
What credibility you ever had , just went out of the fucking window.

'Those Guys' do 20 2 day GP's 6 of which are flyaways, plus at least 1 , maybe 2 , and possibly 3 national championships plus the preseason races. Some of them do the Euro SX races too.

What none of them do , is flog themselves within an inch of their life every day because ' thats what Aldons guys do' , chasing a level of fitness that leaves them teetering on the edge of disaster.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/20/2019 3:06pm
themrtoad wrote:
Great contributor. Don’t you think there’s enough bs floating around in here already? You feel ”you” guys needed to contribute? I wouldn’t spend my money on...
Great contributor. Don’t you think there’s enough bs floating around in here already? You feel ”you” guys needed to contribute? I wouldn’t spend my money on advertising in here if I was representing a company with a global market. This was very unprofessionell.
We also let you post here.

The Shop

t_baum88
8/20/2019 3:12pm
ayearinmx wrote:
i'm not naive enough to believe that people don't cheat..... but i'm also not a journalist without a shred of evidence, working for this website who...
i'm not naive enough to believe that people don't cheat..... but i'm also not a journalist without a shred of evidence, working for this website who has just said that MXGP riders must use PEDs because they aren't getting EBV....

GuyB wrote:
Is there? Anything a website publishes that isn’t written verbatim by a different company is and rightfully so should be considered “working for the website”. Doesn’t matter if he’s part time full time or no time, if they distribute anything by that person I and I assume 99% of people would consider that content be tied directly to said company.
early
Fantasy
2231st
8/20/2019 3:16pm
GuyB wrote:

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/20/2019 3:27pm
t_baum88 wrote:
Is there? Anything a website publishes that isn’t written verbatim by a different company is and rightfully so should be considered “working for the website”. Doesn’t...
Is there? Anything a website publishes that isn’t written verbatim by a different company is and rightfully so should be considered “working for the website”. Doesn’t matter if he’s part time full time or no time, if they distribute anything by that person I and I assume 99% of people would consider that content be tied directly to said company.
He’s allowed to post here just like anyone else.

In his column, that’s one thing. In the forum? That’s something else. For example, is AyearinMX speaking for any of the companies he’s working for when he posts here?
Natester551v
8/20/2019 3:30pm
What he said. PED’s provide a health boost that prevents and treats EBV. Also those guys get more weeks off to rest.
philG wrote:
What credibility you ever had , just went out of the fucking window. 'Those Guys' do 20 2 day GP's 6 of which are flyaways, plus...

'Those Guys' do 20 2 day GP's 6 of which are flyaways, plus at least 1 , maybe 2 , and possibly 3 national championships plus the preseason races. Some of them do the Euro SX races too.

What none of them do , is flog themselves within an inch of their life every day because ' thats what Aldons guys do' , chasing a level of fitness that leaves them teetering on the edge of disaster.
Doesn't Herlings train under Aldon's program? Legitimate question...I thought he did, but I could be wrong. He's definitely leaner than he was in the past...
Natester551v
8/20/2019 3:32pm
Not to say Aldon has it right...I think Kenny and Eli look healthier than the Baker's Factory concentration camp victims...😬
8/20/2019 3:57pm
ayearinmx wrote:

500guy wrote:
First off I'm no Journalist, 2nd I do not and have never worked for this site and 3rd I did not say anyone used PED's Sorry...
First off I'm no Journalist, 2nd I do not and have never worked for this site and 3rd I did not say anyone used PED's

Sorry you take offense to my "Opinion" but I'm allowed to have it.
ayearinmx wrote:
that's because i was replying to Cooksey....

you can write whatever you want
I can write whatever I want! I am in the USA where we have freedom of speech. Athletes use PEDs, that’s a fact. I don’t know if or who in MXGP uses PED’s but I would bet a large amount of money guys are using stuff. My insinuation was that the FIM and WADA appear to look the other way when that series is concerned. No facts, just chat room speculation, much like how all USA fuel was tested at Des Nations.

If you don’t think any GP riders use PED’s, I also have some beachfront property in Arizona to sell you. Also Santa Claus, Easter bunny and Tooth Fairy are all imaginary. Hopefully this dose of reality doesn’t crush your spirit, have a good day.
DonM
8/20/2019 3:57pm
GP riders have more time to rest between races as they don't have the grind that US riders have week in and week out. Some not most may race some local nationals but that's equivalent to US riders racing a local race or training on an off weekend. (little travel involved). One thing that has not been mentioned is the heat that the US riders train and race in is much higher than the GP's, sure they get their occasional race that the temps are higher than average but typically it's at the fly aways that have weekends off either before or after...but when it comes to EBV how many riders we talking about?
Darian, TC and Bogle...2 in the US and one in GP's
8/20/2019 4:02pm
500guy wrote:
People cheat every where all over the world don't be so naive to think nobody in GP's has used PED's The corruption of the FIM is...
People cheat every where all over the world don't be so naive to think nobody in GP's has used PED's

The corruption of the FIM is well documented and it leads directly back to the Promoter of MXGP so there's that too.
ayearinmx wrote:

Sorry I don’t cover the GP’s, nor do I care if they are using PED’s. I think the entire testing system is a joke and should go away. I was more commenting about how the FIM treats the USA and our riders.
8/20/2019 4:06pm
GuyB wrote:
early wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/08/20/367440/s1200_38hbd4.jpg[/img]

Well done 😂😂👌🏻
RG1
8/20/2019 4:21pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2019 4:42pm
Sanayei and Paturel both have EBV, so there’s an equal amount of guys suffering with that in GP’s and in the US. As far as PED’s go, drug testing in both series is conducted by WADA isn’t it? I don’t think it matters which series you race, WADA is doing the testing and if they find something, you’re getting busted

Let’s be realistic also, it’s not like we have had 10+ guys busted in one series and not the other. There’s basically been 2 riders serve penalties for testing positive for banned substances. 2 others who would’ve been fine but for paperwork issues. It’s not a massive sample size to say that there’s something wrong one way or the other
RG1
8/20/2019 4:24pm
500guy wrote:
First off I'm no Journalist, 2nd I do not and have never worked for this site and 3rd I did not say anyone used PED's Sorry...
First off I'm no Journalist, 2nd I do not and have never worked for this site and 3rd I did not say anyone used PED's

Sorry you take offense to my "Opinion" but I'm allowed to have it.
ayearinmx wrote:

I can write whatever I want! I am in the USA where we have freedom of speech. Athletes use PEDs, that’s a fact. I don’t know...
I can write whatever I want! I am in the USA where we have freedom of speech. Athletes use PEDs, that’s a fact. I don’t know if or who in MXGP uses PED’s but I would bet a large amount of money guys are using stuff. My insinuation was that the FIM and WADA appear to look the other way when that series is concerned. No facts, just chat room speculation, much like how all USA fuel was tested at Des Nations.

If you don’t think any GP riders use PED’s, I also have some beachfront property in Arizona to sell you. Also Santa Claus, Easter bunny and Tooth Fairy are all imaginary. Hopefully this dose of reality doesn’t crush your spirit, have a good day.
If only we had free speech also. Must be amazing
8/20/2019 4:34pm
ayearinmx wrote:

I can write whatever I want! I am in the USA where we have freedom of speech. Athletes use PEDs, that’s a fact. I don’t know...

RG1 wrote:
If only we had free speech also. Must be amazing
It’s pretty good.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/20/2019 4:37pm
ayearinmx wrote:

Just asking because I don't know...

How often do you see guys get tested there?
t_baum88
8/20/2019 4:47pm
GuyB wrote:
He’s allowed to post here just like anyone else. In his column, that’s one thing. In the forum? That’s something else. For example, is AyearinMX speaking...
He’s allowed to post here just like anyone else.

In his column, that’s one thing. In the forum? That’s something else. For example, is AyearinMX speaking for any of the companies he’s working for when he posts here?
Of course he’s allowed.

But will I think differently of them based on their comments if they are outrageous? Will it eventually lead my brain back to he works for/I’ve seen his name at X? Yes and yes.

Has Bulmer said some highly questionable shit over the years? I’m sure. And yes to some extent it reflects back to whatever company he is working for at the time.

*For the record I really don’t care about what Cooksey said and don’t think it’s that bad.
8/20/2019 4:51pm
ayearinmx wrote:

GuyB wrote:
t_baum88 wrote:
Is there? Anything a website publishes that isn’t written verbatim by a different company is and rightfully so should be considered “working for the website”. Doesn’t...
Fair Point, but I make it clear that the views in my column are directly from me. To further that point we put my name in the title. My opinion not Vitals.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
8/20/2019 4:53pm
Fair Point, but I make it clear that the views in my column are directly from me. To further that point we put my name in...
Fair Point, but I make it clear that the views in my column are directly from me. To further that point we put my name in the title. My opinion not Vitals.
Are you sticking with this:?

PED’s provide a health boost that prevents and treats EBV.
plowboy
8/20/2019 5:08pm
Ok, I'm old but isn't EBV the newish medical term for what we used to call mononucleosis? Caused by a weakened immune system due to stress (physical or mental). Somebody clue me. If I'm on the right track...I'm amazed more riders aren't diagnosed. The physical exertion of training and racing plus mental pressure to perform is an enormous strain on the body.

I cannot imagine that GP riders are immune. I can't even imagine that that they have a medical regimen that prevents or cures EBV (that's too big to keep secret).

If, and I emphasize IF, WADA were playing favorites, and it was proven...that would be the end for them. Not just for moto but everything they are affiliated with.
t_baum88
8/20/2019 5:12pm
GuyB wrote:
t_baum88 wrote:
Fair Point, but I make it clear that the views in my column are directly from me. To further that point we put my name in...
Of course and yes there is separation. But no matter what the level of affiliation however big or small the connection will always be there and bright and not so bright individuals will use it against you.
agn5009
8/20/2019 5:13pm
philG wrote:
What credibility you ever had , just went out of the fucking window. 'Those Guys' do 20 2 day GP's 6 of which are flyaways, plus...

I don’t recall any of Aldons riders getting EBV? I’m pretty sure it’s the other guys chasing the success of Aldons trainees.

Maybe Aldon knows what he’s doing? Who would have thought.
8/20/2019 6:27pm
GrapeApe wrote:
Are you sticking with this:?

PED’s provide a health boost that prevents and treats EBV.
Depends on the PED, but yes. The main cause of EBV is stress, and the treatment is hydration. Do you think IV bags (illegal per WADA) help hydrate? Then yes PEDs help prevent EBV. I have had EBV and it’s no joke, literally wrecked me for a while.
8/20/2019 6:39pm
philG wrote:

Yes, all of Aldon's guys past and present nearly die on a daily basis, that must be why they've racked up so many race wins and titles.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
8/20/2019 6:42pm
GuyB wrote:
And being a contributor and a vitard , I would have thought Cooksey should no the difference
ATKpilot99
8/20/2019 6:43pm
philG wrote:

agn5009 wrote:
I don’t recall any of Aldons riders getting EBV? I’m pretty sure it’s the other guys chasing the success of Aldons trainees. Maybe Aldon knows what...
I don’t recall any of Aldons riders getting EBV? I’m pretty sure it’s the other guys chasing the success of Aldons trainees.

Yeah I remember Dungey saying he actually trained less under Aldon compared to when he trained on his own and had a better rest , recovery balance.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
8/20/2019 6:43pm
I think that the supplement industry has more to do with the positive tests in the USA , most European sports run wada type testing where only the Olympic sports do in the states
agn5009
8/20/2019 6:49pm
philG wrote:

agn5009 wrote:
I don’t recall any of Aldons riders getting EBV? I’m pretty sure it’s the other guys chasing the success of Aldons trainees. Maybe Aldon knows what...

ATKpilot99 wrote:
Yeah I remember Dungey saying he actually trained less under Aldon compared to when he trained on his own and had a better rest , recovery...
Yeah I remember Dungey saying he actually trained less under Aldon compared to when he trained on his own and had a better rest , recovery balance.
Yep. Maybe this is all based on knowing what you’re doing fitness wise. The guys who tend to get EBV may not have an Aldon Baker level trainer.

I’m surprised Uptite hasn’t chimed in yet to tell us how Aldon doesn’t make his athletes better.
hamncheeze
8/20/2019 7:04pm
Depends on the PED, but yes. The main cause of EBV is stress, and the treatment is hydration. Do you think IV bags (illegal per WADA)...
Depends on the PED, but yes. The main cause of EBV is stress, and the treatment is hydration. Do you think IV bags (illegal per WADA) help hydrate? Then yes PEDs help prevent EBV. I have had EBV and it’s no joke, literally wrecked me for a while.
You are really over-simplifying things here Chris. Just staying hydrated will not stave off EBV. The immune system is a lot more complicated than proper hydration, a person's response to physical stress is a combination of so many factors, so much so that no 2 people have exactly the same response.

Also, when people talk about dehydration in Moto, we are not talking about what the medical community considers dehydration. The rider races 35 minutes, it's hot AF but afterwards he is immediately re-hydrating. Riders might get heat exhaustion, even heat stroke, but are they clinically dehydrated? Unlikely. Moderate dehydration is a 10% loss of body mass. So for say Chase Sexton at WW Ranch, he had to lose 15-16 lbs in that moto. I guess we don't know for sure, but I'm doubting it. It's not like he was in Iraq in combat for 8 hours....

Post a reply to: Why no EBV in MXGP...why no PED positives?

The Latest