Why is Tomac not in Supecross game

Related:
Create New Tag

8/16/2018 12:32 AM

People probably gonna get annoyed for making this a topic and it’s probably already been spoken about but I really wanna know this pointless bit of information aha. Just bought the game and noticed he’s the only rider not in it. Anyone know why?

|

8/16/2018 12:35 AM

Probably another thing he just didn’t want to do. He doesn’t exactly have a ‘dynamic’ personality.

|

8/16/2018 12:57 AM

Before posting a thread saying you know people will be annoyed as it's already been asked, why not just use the search function of this site and it will bring your answer straight up?

|

www.90smotocross.com

Instagram - @90sMotocross
Facebook - 90s Motocross

8/16/2018 1:03 AM

chuckdavies wrote:

Before posting a thread saying you know people will be annoyed as it's already been asked, why not just use the search ...more

Common sense on Vital?, you've got to be kidding.

|

8/16/2018 1:24 AM

chuckdavies wrote:

Before posting a thread saying you know people will be annoyed as it's already been asked, why not just use the search ...more

Yeah na fair point. Went full retard hahaha can’t argue with you on that one. How do you delete a vital thread of retard ??‍♂️

|

8/16/2018 1:52 AM

He said that the makers of the game wouldn't pay him enough. John Tomac was a good businessman and so maybe Eli has learned to drive a hard bargain.

This is total speculation, but I think he's also really camera shy. I saw a video at Daytona where he was talking to Carmichael and looked super chill, but once he saw the camera he froze up and got all twitchy. Have you ever seen him do that weird "Hi I'm Eli Tomac and you're watching Lucas Oil Pro motocross on MAV-TV" thing that all the riders do? Well, he did one once where he tried to speak but just started giggling. The guy is mad camera shy. I just think being in a game, having that 3D body scan and all that, was probably not his cup of tea. I'm not hating on him, he gets paid to ride dirt bikes and he does that seriously well.

|

8/16/2018 6:08 AM

ProbablyDave wrote:

He said that the makers of the game wouldn't pay him enough. John Tomac was a good businessman and so maybe Eli has learned to ...more

Never heard this. I'd be surprised if its true.

To the OP - Josh Grant was also not in the game. I wouldn't be surprised if it had to do with the Factory Kawasaki teams schedule. But as far as i understand and have read, there's really no clear answer on why they both weren't in the game. Maybe i missed something within the 400 pages in the MES thread.

|

8/16/2018 6:17 AM

If eli was in a videogame he would be too overpowered

|

8/16/2018 6:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2018 6:37 AM

I also think it's something to do with Factory Kawasaki. I remember they were odd about releasing their bikes as DLC in MX vs ATV Alive. According to the people at THQ at the time, Kawasakis weren't going to be released, they weren't interested in being in the game, yada yada, then after all the other OEM bikes had been released, Kawasaki decided to have their bikes in the game. They showed up in the MotoClub Depot several weeks behind the others. I just think the U.S. branch of Kawasaki is funny about licensing stuff.

|

8/16/2018 6:47 AM

He is probably in the mechanic's area working on his front brakes.

|

8/16/2018 10:06 AM

I’m tired of people blaming Eli for this when Grant also is not in the game and they also took out Bell helmets which were in the previous game, it’s something to do with the sponsers and Kawasaki not the riders

|

8/16/2018 10:09 AM

He heard the game would be available outside his country so he wanted no part of it.

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

8/16/2018 10:22 AM

Because they wanted to portray him with his pants falling down and he wasn't cool with that.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

8/16/2018 10:57 AM

They didn't want to lose the younger audience when they would have to rate it "M" for designing balls that big in the game.

|

8/16/2018 11:59 AM

In on the first page!!

Prediction... 12 pager

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

8/16/2018 1:15 PM

He's far to busy getting ready for MEC to be riding around in your video game.

|

8/16/2018 3:12 PM

slipdog wrote:

He is probably in the mechanic's area working on his front brakes.

Like bo jackson in tecmo bowl.

|

8/16/2018 6:18 PM

oof

|

8/16/2018 6:37 PM

He's not in the game , because no matter how good you think you are , he'll still be 3 - 4 seconds a lap faster. Player freaks out , breaks controller , gives the game a bad review and ends up having people hating Eli. So yeah.....he ain't in the game!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Ezza is Da man!

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

8/16/2018 6:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2018 6:52 PM

If both Monster Energy Kawasaki riders aren't in the game then it came down to legal teams and licensing agreements between the corporate entities.

The teams tend to hold the likeness rights to their riders for marketing materials, and having your team in a video game wouldn't be an income stream, it'd be a marketing play. Kawasaki holds the riders contracts, as they ride for the Kawasaki team.

|