Why doesn't RMATV have a "free" shipping option on certain small items?

danman
4/4/2019 11:10am
You can do like I do. Order stuff you need, and if it doesn't get to the $75 free shipping, just keep adding tools that will come in handy when doing all of the work on your bike. Eventually, you will have all the tools you need.
Why keep buying oil filters when you can get a reusable one or two?
JustMX
4/4/2019 11:15am
The saddest part of the entire story is that somebody pays for stickers.

Never have understood PAYING to put a a business' ad on something you own.
4/4/2019 11:23am
I always add oil, filters, chain lube, or whatever I will always need in the future to get my stuff over the $75. You are eventually...
I always add oil, filters, chain lube, or whatever I will always need in the future to get my stuff over the $75. You are eventually going to need to change your oil. Might as well have some stored up.
I buy more than I need to get free shipping all the time. It’s like getting free produce instead of wasting it on shipping.
mxb2
4/4/2019 12:20pm
JustMX wrote:
The saddest part of the entire story is that somebody pays for stickers. Never have understood PAYING to put a a business' ad on something you...

All.your bikes graphicless? No oem stickers either?

The Shop

Wade221
4/4/2019 1:51pm
I'm not sure which is worse - the threads you start, or your choice of avatar. Sorry bro, you needed to hear this..
Is the avatar an emoji from one of those emergency burner phones or something?
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
4/4/2019 2:13pm
Alec138 wrote:
Trying to buy a few stickers with the $4 RMCASH i have and it wants triple what the sticker is worth for shipping? $7 shipping on...
Trying to buy a few stickers with the $4 RMCASH i have and it wants triple what the sticker is worth for shipping? $7 shipping on a $2 sticker....YEAH RIGHT LOL. They need a free shipping option for small items such as stickers or even tools like a wrench or t handle. Was going to buy a tusk t handle as well but seeing as it would be more for the shipping than what the tool is worth, i could get it at lowes or an auto parts store today....
Why are you such a whiny little girl ? Unless Fedex,UPS or the USPS started a shipping is free option why would they not charge your sorry ass? Wink
TeamGreen
4/4/2019 2:23pm
April 4th, 2019.
I was suckered into reading a thread about the heinous shipping charges on...
Stickers.
FiendzCC
4/4/2019 2:54pm
My wife's boyfriend and I were just having this same discussion
SEE ARE125
4/4/2019 3:20pm
What makes it even better is he’s using his RM Cash to buy the stickers. So he basically wants it all for free. lol
GregDVT
4/4/2019 3:23pm
Idk bout y’all but I have like $50 rm cash just sitting waiting for new boots or an exhaust haha. I’m not wasting it on stickers!
DanDunes818
4/4/2019 3:28pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2019 3:34pm
Alec138 wrote:
Trying to buy a few stickers with the $4 RMCASH i have and it wants triple what the sticker is worth for shipping? $7 shipping on...
Trying to buy a few stickers with the $4 RMCASH i have and it wants triple what the sticker is worth for shipping? $7 shipping on a $2 sticker....YEAH RIGHT LOL. They need a free shipping option for small items such as stickers or even tools like a wrench or t handle. Was going to buy a tusk t handle as well but seeing as it would be more for the shipping than what the tool is worth, i could get it at lowes or an auto parts store today....
ML512 wrote:
There's not enough margin in the stickers or t-handle to warrant free shipping. If they gave you free shipping on those items, they would lose money...
There's not enough margin in the stickers or t-handle to warrant free shipping. If they gave you free shipping on those items, they would lose money from paying for the shipping. They're a business, they aren't in it to lose money.
That made way too much Lindsay. Stop it!

Although, I will say $7 is outrageous. I ship a lot so I'd say they're making $4-$6 off shipping as well. Stickers cost about $3 to ship first class with tracking # or $.55 cents with standard stamp postage.

Now, if this thread was RM is fucking me with a $7 shipping cost instead of whining about them charging you something, it wouldn't come off as such a whiny bitch thread.

No, wait, it still would come off as a whiny bitch thread, but at least you'd have a leg to limp on.
4/4/2019 4:44pm
If you ever decide to pull the trigger on those stickers, could you float a couple to my guy Patsy? He's got some wicked scratches on his forks.
kb228
4/4/2019 5:08pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2019 5:09pm
Alec138 wrote:
Companies contract a shipping company and pay a flat rate for all items shipped no matter how large or small. Hence why a fender, some grips, a lever, and an engine plug kit costs $7 for shipping, and so does your $2 sticker. The shipping company is making the money off the idiots paying $7 to ship freakin stickers.

For real tho, youre bitching about $9. $9. Who the hell cares. Go work for 30 minuets you can earn $9. Jesus christ dude.
KDXGarage
4/4/2019 5:17pm
Alec138 wrote:
How much profit do you think they are making on a wrench or sticker to be able to give you "FREE STUFF" like shipping?

Everything in life is not free. I hope you come back to look at what you have written in a few years. The future you can see what the current "us" sees. WHAT A WHINY LITTLE BITCH!
YammerHammer
Fantasy
2991st
4/4/2019 5:18pm
Alec138 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
There's not enough margin in the stickers or t-handle to warrant free shipping. If they gave you free shipping on those items, they would lose money...
There's not enough margin in the stickers or t-handle to warrant free shipping. If they gave you free shipping on those items, they would lose money from paying for the shipping. They're a business, they aren't in it to lose money.
Millineials have no grasp on this concept
BS12
4/4/2019 5:32pm
Talk about a first world problem!
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
4/4/2019 5:43pm
Just send them a self addressed envelope like we used to do back in the good ol days!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
4/4/2019 5:51pm
Alec138 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Not all of us are that bad. I promise
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
4/4/2019 6:11pm
Alec138 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
That statement was written by a millennial...
calcoast
4/4/2019 7:59pm
The $7 isnt just the cost of shipping. They have to pay someone to walk to the sticker aisle. They have to pay for the actual package itself. The tape to seal it up. And then the shipping company has to use gas to pick it up from RMATVMC and then actually ship it out. All of these little things add up quick.
4/4/2019 9:38pm
Alec138 wrote:

Telling a guy to "spend the money" when you're being a whiney bitch about $7 for shipping is a little ambivalent don't you think? Do your local dealer a favor and just get your oil and filters online as well...im willing to bet you complain a lot about buying that stuff also.
Doddy
4/5/2019 12:03am
JustMX wrote:
The saddest part of the entire story is that somebody pays for stickers. Never have understood PAYING to put a a business' ad on something you...

mxb2 wrote:
Hey now...buying a bunch of Monster Energy stickers to slap on your bike is a lot different that having OEM graphics on a bike.
OT
Fantasy
3059th
4/5/2019 12:57am
Alec138 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
True, but it doesn't cost $7 to send a sticker surely
Badd127
Fantasy
2111th
4/5/2019 4:37am
I always add oil, filters, chain lube, or whatever I will always need in the future to get my stuff over the $75. You are eventually...
I always add oil, filters, chain lube, or whatever I will always need in the future to get my stuff over the $75. You are eventually going to need to change your oil. Might as well have some stored up.
I like to add stuff to my order that I think I will use, but never do, then I have a heap of old spare parts in my garage that I never use. Then I go and swap bike brands, and give all those irelivent parts to some guy at the track that has the same bike that I use to have 2 years ago.
But I got free shipping! Laughing
4/5/2019 4:53am
Badd127 wrote:
I like to add stuff to my order that I think I will use, but never do, then I have a heap of old spare parts...
I like to add stuff to my order that I think I will use, but never do, then I have a heap of old spare parts in my garage that I never use. Then I go and swap bike brands, and give all those irelivent parts to some guy at the track that has the same bike that I use to have 2 years ago.
But I got free shipping! Laughing
Glad I'm not the only one. I'm having a fire sale on 87 KX125, 92 XR250, 96 RM125 and 01 400EX parts
mxb2
4/5/2019 6:17am
JustMX wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
Doddy wrote:
Hey now...buying a bunch of Monster Energy stickers to slap on your bike is a lot different that having OEM graphics on a bike.
Lol true. But ,i doubt people are getting paid by using oem graphics. Contingency races maybe. Let people build bikes how they want. Their bikes their choice.
4/5/2019 6:24am
Alec138 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/04/04/336346/s1200_Screenshot_20190405_001327.jpg[/img] Telling a guy to "spend the money" when you're being a whiney bitch about $7 for shipping is a little ambivalent don't you think? Do...

Telling a guy to "spend the money" when you're being a whiney bitch about $7 for shipping is a little ambivalent don't you think? Do your local dealer a favor and just get your oil and filters online as well...im willing to bet you complain a lot about buying that stuff also.

Post a reply to: Why doesn't RMATV have a "free" shipping option on certain small items?

The Latest