Why doesn't ClubMx try to host a national?

swe292
Just looking at their facility.. it seems like they have all amenities need to host one. We really need a good southeast national. is it just that expensive to hold one?
|
swe292
9/30/2022 10:02am
Also, does anyone remember King's Ranch? that place the kellys bought? i remember back in the day everyone was saying they were going to try and get a national there. what ended up happening with that place? do they still have that land?
9/30/2022 11:07am
parking id imagine.

there are lots of national calibur tracks out there, but the facility needs to be up to par to host one.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
9/30/2022 11:10am Edited Date/Time 9/30/2022 12:24pm
swe292 wrote:
Just looking at their facility.. it seems like they have all amenities need to host one. We really need a good southeast national. is it just...
Just looking at their facility.. it seems like they have all amenities need to host one. We really need a good southeast national. is it just that expensive to hold one?
You can be a promoter, get out your check book and go pitch your national to DC and Club MX and then start writing big checks to a lot of different people for a lot of different things. Lots of room and really nice facility, but WAYYYY to far out in the sticks to hold a profitable national. I could not believe the cost of getting the National back to Lakewood in the 90s, very stressful time for the investment group because they needed 30k fans to break even. Great weather and huge turnout so it worked out but poor weather and it would have been years to crawl back out of that hole. David Claubaugh did a outstanding job and spent the money to be able to put on a quality national and is not afraid to take chances like the night race to make things better and his investments and HARD work have paid off with the National and even all the local lakewood races.
vitalislame!
9/30/2022 11:40am
I heard they were possibly wanting to host a national at Camp Coker in sc a few years ago. Idk what happened to that. That track was GNARLY. It would be flat in the mournings, and by the time the races came around it would be soooo rough.

They have plenty of parking, water, and is a real sand track. No disrespect to south wick, it’s sand, but nothing compared to camp Coker.

The only problem is that DC don’t think coming down south in the summer is a good idea bc of the heat. so I’m assuming that would be a reason to not goto club mx bc of the heat in the summer.

They could start the season on the east coast and work back west though 🤷🏻‍♂️

The Shop

lumpy790
9/30/2022 11:49am
can not imagine what a sand parking lot would be like with thousands of cars/trucks driving over it to park.
Roostermx58
9/30/2022 11:54am
I heard they were possibly wanting to host a national at Camp Coker in sc a few years ago. Idk what happened to that. That track...
I heard they were possibly wanting to host a national at Camp Coker in sc a few years ago. Idk what happened to that. That track was GNARLY. It would be flat in the mournings, and by the time the races came around it would be soooo rough.

They have plenty of parking, water, and is a real sand track. No disrespect to south wick, it’s sand, but nothing compared to camp Coker.

The only problem is that DC don’t think coming down south in the summer is a good idea bc of the heat. so I’m assuming that would be a reason to not goto club mx bc of the heat in the summer.

They could start the season on the east coast and work back west though 🤷🏻‍♂️
We race the GNCC there every year. While they have enough parking, the track is not national caliber level. They also make more money off it being a sportsman reserve than an Mx track these days.

Post a reply to: Why doesn't ClubMx try to host a national?

The Latest