Why doesn’t JGR take over KTM’s 250 program?

Danster
11/11/2020 5:26pm Edited Date/Time 11/12/2020 10:13am
I’m sure they would get help and money to run that program.?

|
TeamGreen
11/11/2020 5:32pm
KTM brought the program inhouse.
That program has a title sponsor.
It get's complicated from there.
Flattrack88
11/11/2020 5:34pm
Probably because it wasn't offered and it's too late to switch brands.
mb60
11/11/2020 5:52pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Seems they would have hired more then one rider.

The Shop

TeamGreen
11/11/2020 6:19pm
TeamGreen wrote:
mb60 wrote:
Seems they would have hired more then one rider.
Their Title Sponsor, Red Bull, has spread it's funding between two separtate entities...
Red Bull KTM (3 riders)
Red Bull TLD GasGas (3 riders)

Eventhough it's the same amount of riders as last year's Red Bull "Team" (Technically it was also 2 teams; but, one brand)...now it's spread between two different branding scenarios and that simply costs more...well...sorta...it costs more on KTM's end of it.

The parent company of KTM wanted a New Brand with a New Race Team; and, I get the feeling Red Bull was part of the decision making and untlmately decided "how" the money would be spent between the 2 brands. I also get the feeling that Red Bull -wanted- to be a part of whatever Troy was doing. The evidence of that is in the branding on the GasGas bikes I saw this last week or 2...they look VERY Red Bull...in a good way Wink

Then KTM decided what to do with the money the got for "Team KTM" from Red Bull: They're gonna have -1- 250 rider...for now.

In the bigger-broader picture: There's 6 Factory Pro's at Husky, 3 at RB KTM and 3 at RB-TLD-GasGas. That's A LOT of riders!

Btw, why 6 riders at Husky? Well, I'm guessing that's the way "their" title sponsor wanted it Laughing
mb60
11/11/2020 6:35pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Their Title Sponsor, Red Bull, has spread it's funding between two separtate entities... Red Bull KTM (3 riders) Red Bull TLD GasGas (3 riders) Eventhough it's...
Their Title Sponsor, Red Bull, has spread it's funding between two separtate entities...
Red Bull KTM (3 riders)

Eventhough it's the same amount of riders as last year's Red Bull "Team" (Technically it was also 2 teams; but, one brand)...now it's spread between two different branding scenarios and that simply costs more...well...sorta...it costs more on KTM's end of it.

The parent company of KTM wanted a New Brand with a New Race Team; and, I get the feeling Red Bull was part of the decision making and untlmately decided "how" the money would be spent between the 2 brands. I also get the feeling that Red Bull -wanted- to be a part of whatever Troy was doing. The evidence of that is in the branding on the GasGas bikes I saw this last week or 2...they look VERY Red Bull...in a good way Wink

Then KTM decided what to do with the money the got for "Team KTM" from Red Bull: They're gonna have -1- 250 rider...for now.

In the bigger-broader picture: There's 6 Factory Pro's at Husky, 3 at RB KTM and 3 at RB-TLD-GasGas. That's A LOT of riders!

Btw, why 6 riders at Husky? Well, I'm guessing that's the way "their" title sponsor wanted it Laughing
Now that is some inside information. Thanks for clearing that up.
8tensolutions
11/11/2020 7:32pm
JGR couldn't run their own Team, so why would Roger have them run part of his?
11/11/2020 10:54pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Their Title Sponsor, Red Bull, has spread it's funding between two separtate entities... Red Bull KTM (3 riders) Red Bull TLD GasGas (3 riders) Eventhough it's...
Red Bull KTM (3 riders)

mb60 wrote:
How on earth is that ‘inside’ information?

It’s fact.. we can all see it..
OT
Fantasy
3031st
11/11/2020 11:44pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Red Bull KTM (3 riders)

mb60 wrote:
How on earth is that ‘inside’ information?

It’s fact.. we can all see it..
I think he was being sarcastic..
OLDMOTO
11/12/2020 10:13am
Maybe no manufacturer really has the money or desire to align with JGR. Its a shame. The sport is really contracting. If it wasn't for KTM sponsoring four teams it would be a total disaster.
wreckitrandy
11/12/2020 10:23am
Roger Dickoster
Might depend on if he's working for you or, if you're working for him. If you don't put in the effort, I can't imagine him wasting much time on you.

Post a reply to: Why doesn’t JGR take over KTM’s 250 program?

The Latest