Why does/did everyone dislike Suzuki's?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/1/2019 9:15 PM

I understand that there models havent changed untill there recent update but....

Can anyone give me some feed back on what they disliked about them?

I thought they had an amatuer program for a while that paid the most contingency out of all brands.

I rode supermini class on suzuki and had some shift shaft, shift detent issues but it wasnt anything major.

i just want to know why all the disses towards them?

im not a fan boy, for any brand for that matter and do understand all bikes have there positives and negatives but have heard time and time again suzukis are the worst this and that....

|

2/1/2019 9:20 PM

They slow

|

2/1/2019 9:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2019 9:25 PM

Ride what you like...

|

.

2/1/2019 9:24 PM

Because they are yellow grin (apologies Suzuki guys)

|

2/1/2019 9:25 PM

No idea. Maybe placebo effect - People thinking updates arumatically means better? Other bikes had a lot of changes the past 5 years, personally I don’t think all of them were for the better.

|

2/1/2019 9:25 PM

Worst resale value ever!!!

|

2/1/2019 9:36 PM

But i mean honestly if you did the japanese makeover just like every other bike R.E.M. tranny, copper valve seats, ran a good ras gas, and had a good ECU, along with carillo rod and cp piston. wouldnt it be an overall good bike,? have had to do this to all my previous yamahas and hondas and kawis, so i mean why the hate. when you buy a jap model bike you have to do that stuff so i mean, i dont really get why so much hatred.

|

2/1/2019 9:40 PM

Ride a modern KTM or Husqvarna and you'll learn real quick why the Suzuki gets ragged on, I've had 2 RMZ250'S though and both were great for me.

|

2/1/2019 9:55 PM

S.A. Weave wrote:

Ride a modern KTM or Husqvarna and you'll learn real quick why the Suzuki gets ragged on, I've had 2 RMZ250'S though and both ...more

i mean i have had the 16 and up ktm and yes they are good just was wondering why everyone hates on the zook, i thought they came out with some advanced suspension that might help sell there models recently, has anyone rode it?

|

2/1/2019 10:05 PM

Tyler just took his shirt off.

|

2/1/2019 10:11 PM

I think they are fantastic. I just think I fit better on a Yamaha or KTM chassis.

I love RMZ450s, was my first 450. But for my build, I just feel other brands fit me better. If more companies made -10 or -15 mm peg mounts for Suzuki and KTM brands like they do Honda and Yamaha, I'd probably be on one of the two.

Plus the resale value is crap for whatever reason so you can them fairly inexpensive, even new.

|

A wise man once said nothing

2/1/2019 10:19 PM

Pete The Fisherman wrote:

Tyler just took his shirt off.

i see you say this alot? does it have a meaning behind it? and who tf is tyler? and why is his shirt off?

|

2/1/2019 10:23 PM

Pete The Fisherman wrote:

Tyler just took his shirt off.

4csHATER wrote:

i see you say this alot? does it have a meaning behind it? and who tf is tyler? and why is his shirt off?

Photo
|

2/1/2019 10:24 PM

I currently own KTMs but love Zuks!

|

2/1/2019 10:27 PM

Suzukis Rock.....so get over it you whiny bitches

|

2/1/2019 10:37 PM

I’ve had a lot of bikes and my 2006 RM 250 was by far my favorite bike I’ve ever had behind my new Husky 300.

|

2/1/2019 10:44 PM

I love Suzukis....so much, that I still ride a very old one.

|

2/1/2019 11:13 PM

Magazine Shootout repeaters are ignorant. They think Suzukis suck because they havent won shootouts recently. These guys are flavor of the month sheep, followers who repeat shit they read. It wasnt five years ago and everyone wanted to ride Suzuki, because Stewart, Reed and others had said it was their favorite. Getting Different bikes dont make a rider go from 10th to winning. But some guys want to believe that stuff.

|

2/1/2019 11:30 PM

motoarmageddon wrote:

Magazine Shootout repeaters are ignorant. They think Suzukis suck because they havent won shootouts recently. These guys are ...more

I mean i get the whole getting different bikes faster results thing. i was just asking cause i was looking at their new models, and the frames really look symmetrical, figured it would be a pretty decent bike if built correctly. Chad reeds for this weekend looks awesome.

|

2/1/2019 11:59 PM

There were attributes on my 14 RMZ450 chassis that I favor over my current fc350. But it’s all just personal preference.

My buddies at the track a week ago questioned my decision for wanting to ride yellow in the first place. They figured I would start bad mouthing the brand but I stand by choice. It can be made into a good machine with some patience and tuning. For whatever reason, the ill-informed treat the RMZ like it’s some type of sub par Chinese junk.

|

2/2/2019 12:20 AM

I actually love Suzuki's. Love the way they ride , look ,and really love the pricing on them. I haven't gotten a chance to ride one of the new chassis bike's , but I'd like to one day.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

2/2/2019 12:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/2/2019 12:45 AM

I don't think anyone hates them. Its just that on average it is the least "good" bike available (there are no bad bikes out there in 2019).

With that said. It's a great looking bike and there are obviously people that prefer them. I don't understand the people that happen to like the Suzikis so often talk about how the magazines are talking shit about the Suzukis because it isn't a cool bike out there or something similar. You like your Suzuki? Great! But on average, it is the least prefered bike out there.

That doesn't change anything about your feeling on your Suzuki, you will have just as fun on the bike if it finishes 6th in every shootout worldwide as if it would finish 3rd in the shootouts.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- KTM SX 250 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- Canyon Spectral:ON 7.0 2019 EMTB
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

2/2/2019 12:47 AM

I don't know firsthand if it's true or not, but suzukis are notorious for having clutch/transmission issues more than other brands. Both RMZs are the heaviest bike in their class, and people say they have a lot of engine braking and don't rev as high.

I think the biggest reason why they aren't more popular is that most people ride trails and MX, not just MX all the time: Suzuki's are known to be less stable at high speed than other brands. If you ride fire roads at all, you're not gonna want a bike that gets harder to control at high speed.

|

2/2/2019 1:13 AM

Because the majority of riders think they're faster than they really are and want the latest and greatest, when really any new well setup stock bike would suffice.

|

2/2/2019 1:24 AM

Resale value is usually pretty rough on green and yellow bikes unless they're in pristine condition.

|

2/2/2019 1:32 AM

I loved my RMZ 250's but they were slow as fuck compared to a KTM. It was either a KTM or get a 280 kit on it to stay a little competitive

|

2/2/2019 3:19 AM

Photo
|

2/2/2019 4:18 AM

For the money a Honda as almost always been a better bike, better parts, with better resale.

In the last few years I have found the RMZ more attractive because you can get one for 6grand with 2 grand in mod money. Suspension, pipe, levers and some numbers and magically the RMZ is looking favorable. Realistically it is more bike than I will ever be able to really use. Resale is still an issue. If I didn't have a newer Honda I would be on am RMZ.

|

2/2/2019 4:18 AM

js451 wrote:

They slow

Every time I would pull a holeshot, guys would tell me they always heard Suzuki’s we’re slow. I heard that a lot!cool

|

2/2/2019 4:35 AM

Having the Kickstarter is pretty attractive these days in my opinion. It seems like all of the brands have battery issues.

|