Why does SX ignore MX?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/2/2018 7:59 AM

Anyone notice that during the Supercross broadcasts, they NEVER mention the outdoors, or a riders stats in the other half of the sport? It's downright conspicuous... Langston and Weigant always reference the previous Supercross season during the Outdoor broadcasts- who won the championship, etc. It drives me crazy because it sells a rider short, like with Ralph and Jeff (during Supercross) constantly saying how Tomac and Roczen "are chasing their first ever championship"- failing to mention they both have 450 outdoor championships. Is this Feld's doing?

|

6/2/2018 8:16 AM

Follow the money. :-)

I have noticed it, too. I love it when a podium finisher towards the end of the SX series mentions the outdoors, and the announcers just clam up.

|

6/2/2018 8:23 AM

Ha ha it’s a conspiracy!! I have been thinking that for years. It’s like there is no outdoor Championships

|

6/2/2018 8:24 AM

There's no financial incentive to do so.

Also, MX may be covered by some kind of legal blanket that Feld doesn't want to violate. Just like in the NFL, i.e., "Any accounts, images or descriptions of the game are the sole property of the NFL."

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

6/2/2018 8:26 AM

KDXGarage wrote:

Follow the money. :-)

I have noticed it, too. I love it when a podium finisher towards the end of the SX series mentions the outdoors, and the announcers just clam up.

Yup, always cracks me up... especially when they introduce Carmichael as the "Greatest Of All Time" (5 SX championships) and then go to Jeremy Mcgrath with A Science Of Supercross segment and under his name it says 7 time SX champ. We all know Carmichael has more total championships (but Feld pretends the Outdoors doesn't exist), so it must be confusing to people who only watch SX.

|

6/2/2018 8:27 AM

Feld doesnt care about the long term health of the sport.

|

6/2/2018 8:27 AM

It's because The Nationals rule and they know it.

|

6/2/2018 8:29 AM

Falcon wrote:

There's no financial incentive to do so.

Also, MX may be covered by some kind of legal blanket that Feld doesn't want to violate. Just like in the NFL, i.e., "Any accounts, images or descriptions of the game are the sole property of the NFL."

That's what doesn't make any sense to me, the two series aren't in direct competition for viewers, it's weird Feld is so petty and greedy when it comes to that.

|

6/2/2018 8:46 AM

MXSports advertises the nationals during Supercross races in the stadium

|

"What happens to your hands when you crash?"
"I put my hands up real quick to protect my sunglasses"

6/2/2018 8:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/2/2018 8:54 AM

I have noticed that forever. And last year when we had Jeff Emig here taking questions I asked him about that. He never addressed my question.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

6/2/2018 8:54 AM

Photo
|

6/2/2018 8:56 AM

Inferiority complex.

|

6/2/2018 9:19 AM

Sometimes I wonder if Ralph is aware that nationals exist.

|

6/2/2018 10:15 AM

The real question is why does MX ignore SX ? whistling

|

Ed Johnson

6/2/2018 7:21 PM

Boils down to Corporate greed

|

6/2/2018 7:27 PM

So fed up with Super poser cross it ain't even funny. 75% of the fans that go are just there to drink beer and dont even own a bike. If it was up to me, there would be 16 or 17 outdoor national with 2 or 3 one off stadium races.

But yes, have noticed SX never mentions the outdoors to the point you know they are being told not to say anything. So much for growing the sport. Nobody grows up riding supercross .. just saying.

|

6/2/2018 7:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/2/2018 7:38 PM

You don't hear anything about soccer during an NFL game. Both games use a ball but have nothing to do with each other. Same with Supercross and Motocross.

|

6/2/2018 7:56 PM

Photo
|

6/2/2018 8:13 PM

Frank wrote:

You don't hear anything about soccer during an NFL game. Both games use a ball but have nothing to do with each other. Same with Supercross and Motocross.

this is hilarious. for your man-centric avataR, You sure lack the logic skills.

|

6/2/2018 8:37 PM

Reese95w wrote: Photo

laughing Nailed it.
|

6/2/2018 10:43 PM

I thought in McGraths book Wide open it has spots with certain facts and I thought it said they where ran by different groups that don’t get along.

|

Thank you,
Fly Racing, WPS, Dt-1, Mika Metals, Maxima, 100%, Motostuff, Factory Connection, Evs

6/3/2018 1:15 AM

It’s a Feld thing. Up until this year, Daytona wasn’t a Feld round, and Ralph & Jeff brought up the Nationals a bunch during past years.

|