Why does RC get to wear that

Edited Date/Time 3/13/2012 9:34am
Monster pin on his lapel when he's broadcasting on Speed?

I imagine he's getting some decent paper for doing it and I've got no gripes with him making a few extra dollars, but it just seems strange to me, particularly when he is in the booth. I've never seen a commentator do that on TV--motocross or otherwise. He's blatantly plugging a product during Speed's "on air" time...shouldn't it be a "Speed" pin if anything? Huh
I wonder what Red Bull and Rockstar think about it....

What's next, Emig rocking a Coors Light or Kawasaki pin and Sheehan sporting a Geico or McDonald's golden arches "M" pin? Whistling
|
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/11/2012 7:06pm
RC has Monster as a personal sponsor, and they're also a series sponsor. Is it that hard to figure out?
motomike137
3/11/2012 7:07pm
Monster pin on his lapel when he's broadcasting on Speed? I imagine he's getting some decent paper for doing it and I've got no gripes with...
Monster pin on his lapel when he's broadcasting on Speed?

I imagine he's getting some decent paper for doing it and I've got no gripes with him making a few extra dollars, but it just seems strange to me, particularly when he is in the booth. I've never seen a commentator do that on TV--motocross or otherwise. He's blatantly plugging a product during Speed's "on air" time...shouldn't it be a "Speed" pin if anything? Huh
I wonder what Red Bull and Rockstar think about it....

What's next, Emig rocking a Coors Light or Kawasaki pin and Sheehan sporting a Geico or McDonald's golden arches "M" pin? Whistling
The guys on Nascar do the same thing. DW always has a little Toyota logo on his shirt. I am sure it is just a matter of the right palms getting greased.
3/12/2012 1:38am
He needs a tailor for his jacket. The sleeves cover up his hands. Probably had to get it at a "big and tall" store, he's just not very tall.....
spd721
3/12/2012 5:00am
It happens in NASCAR all the time.

The Shop

Spartacus
3/12/2012 5:05am
All three are silly trying to pull off the 'wise guy' look. They're announcing a supercross race not talking about the thing with the guy at the place.
dboivin
3/12/2012 5:13am
he still can ride tho, i'd lay money on him goin top5 just in the shape he's in now.
mx_563
3/12/2012 6:30am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2012 6:31am
GuyB wrote:
RC has Monster as a personal sponsor, and they're also a series sponsor. Is it that hard to figure out?
Whoa!!!

Maybe JUSTPUTTINAROUND doesn't know about Ricky's personal sponsors. Is THAT so hard to figure out?

Regardless, I think this is a legitimate topic/question. Should the media be pushing product and how does that effect their credibility? If Emig praises Weimer or RV, is it because Emig still gets bikes from Kawi? If RC is critical of a Red Bull rider, is it because he's partial toward Monster riders? Perhaps there should be full disclosure right off the bat so the viewers know where the paychecks are coming from.

I think it's BS to come down on JUSTPUTTINAROUND. The question is totally legitimate and personally I'm interested in what people think.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/12/2012 1:40pm
GuyB wrote:
mx_563 wrote:
Whoa!!! Maybe JUSTPUTTINAROUND doesn't know about Ricky's personal sponsors. Is THAT so hard to figure out? Regardless, I think this is a legitimate topic/question. Should the...
Whoa!!!

Maybe JUSTPUTTINAROUND doesn't know about Ricky's personal sponsors. Is THAT so hard to figure out?

Regardless, I think this is a legitimate topic/question. Should the media be pushing product and how does that effect their credibility? If Emig praises Weimer or RV, is it because Emig still gets bikes from Kawi? If RC is critical of a Red Bull rider, is it because he's partial toward Monster riders? Perhaps there should be full disclosure right off the bat so the viewers know where the paychecks are coming from.

I think it's BS to come down on JUSTPUTTINAROUND. The question is totally legitimate and personally I'm interested in what people think.
Where it gets silly is, "I wonder what Red Bull and Rockstar think about it...."
Torco1
3/12/2012 1:44pm
GuyB wrote:
mx_563 wrote:
Whoa!!! Maybe JUSTPUTTINAROUND doesn't know about Ricky's personal sponsors. Is THAT so hard to figure out? Regardless, I think this is a legitimate topic/question. Should the...
Whoa!!!

GuyB wrote:
Where it gets silly is, "I wonder what Red Bull and Rockstar think about it...."
Please don't let common sense ruin the good time Mr. Gibberson.
peelout
3/12/2012 1:45pm
GuyB wrote:
yep. i bet Monster doesn't give two shits what RedBull and Rockstar think...

remember when Pastrana's RedBull hat was censored out
crash83
Fantasy
1132nd
3/12/2012 1:45pm
Why does he stand on a box one week then not the next?
They must have forgot to bring it to Atlanta!
peelout
3/12/2012 1:50pm
crash83 wrote:
Why does he stand on a box one week then not the next?
They must have forgot to bring it to Atlanta!
bro, imagine the power struggle in that booth

Ralph : *crying "but Ricky was standing on the crate last week, i want to be tallest this time"

Jeff : "yeah, Ricky was tallest last week AND got to have a sweet Monster button, when do we get to look cool?"

Ricky : "... just a little to the left, perfect. oh, and does anyone have a text book? i want at least another 2 inches for tonight's show, Chad Reed is going to be here and i want to look extra cool"
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
662nd
3/12/2012 1:52pm
GuyB wrote:
mx_563 wrote:
Whoa!!!

GuyB wrote:
What do they think about it? I'm going back to the blurring out Travis Pastrana's Hat and shirt deal. Between that and the lapel has to lie some interesting opinions.
Clapped
3/12/2012 1:54pm
Ralph flashes what looks to be the Rockwell 50mm watch every chance he gets. Every time they cut to the booth, he's got his sleeve all hiked up just showin it off. Don't blame him tho, I'd love to have that watch, retail is around 1k.

Not saying anything wrong with it, just an observation.
Mstock
3/12/2012 2:02pm
With all the pre-promotion for the Monster Energy Cup at the Monster Energy Supercross presented by Monster Energy I'm shocked Monster does not required Monster Logo forehead tattoo's for the the announcers. It's coming. Just wait.
huck
3/12/2012 2:20pm
Clapped wrote:
Ralph flashes what looks to be the Rockwell 50mm watch every chance he gets. Every time they cut to the booth, he's got his sleeve all...
Ralph flashes what looks to be the Rockwell 50mm watch every chance he gets. Every time they cut to the booth, he's got his sleeve all hiked up just showin it off. Don't blame him tho, I'd love to have that watch, retail is around 1k.

If he is 'flashing' a $1,000 watch... he should be embarrassed.
MX558
3/12/2012 2:22pm
He needs a tailor for his jacket. The sleeves cover up his hands. Probably had to get it at a "big and tall" store, he's just...
He needs a tailor for his jacket. The sleeves cover up his hands. Probably had to get it at a "big and tall" store, he's just not very tall.....
lol
3/12/2012 4:06pm
Clapped wrote:
Ralph flashes what looks to be the Rockwell 50mm watch every chance he gets. Every time they cut to the booth, he's got his sleeve all...

I've got one for sale on the Bazaar Page. Its on eBay for $250.00 OBO......just sayin'
jonjon714
3/12/2012 4:16pm
Clapped wrote:

huck wrote:
If he is 'flashing' a $1,000 watch... he should be embarrassed.
no doubt...
86honda
3/12/2012 4:58pm
Look I couldnt give two sh*ts about a Monster pin, its his diction that is so pitiful. If Monster wants an illiterate dirt bike rider rep them, so be it. Home School?
mooch
Fantasy
501st
3/12/2012 5:47pm
Geez ANOTHER freakin whiner thread.

There's some folks who talk about the "pussification" of the sport when there are complaints of rough riding or smooth tracks.

The "whinerfication" of the sport is a bigger rub for me.

People whining about Emig's watch, whining about the GOAT's clothes, whining about the GOAT's height, whining about the GOAT's "diction", and on and on and on! Seems to be a bunch of posers who think it's somehow in vogue to whine...it's particularly pathetic when they decide to complain about riders like RC and Emig who've proven themselves to be among the best riders ever and are now doing a fine job of contributing to the broadcasts. Hell, RC will say exactly where a pass is going to happen 2 corners before it actually happens. In my book both those guys are doing a great job.

Whine on bitches.
IWreckALot
3/12/2012 7:10pm
GuyB wrote:
mx_563 wrote:
Whoa!!!

GuyB wrote:
I'm not so sure that I care about Red Bull, Rockstar or Monster as much as I do the FMF Energy drink. Will someone put a picture of it up? I would but I'm feeling lazy.
wildbill
3/12/2012 10:22pm
shit mooch, we're all just a bunch of dumb dirtbikers.

Whiner!
3/13/2012 1:43am
GuyB wrote:
Ding, ding, we have a winner.
3/13/2012 9:34am
86honda wrote:
Look I couldnt give two sh*ts about a Monster pin, its his diction that is so pitiful. If Monster wants an illiterate dirt bike rider rep...
Look I couldnt give two sh*ts about a Monster pin, its his diction that is so pitiful. If Monster wants an illiterate dirt bike rider rep them, so be it. Home School?
His speaking is terrible, but his insight is second to none.

Post a reply to: Why does RC get to wear that

The Latest