Why does Feld feel they need to have a NASCAR driver in the booth?

Big E
4/28/2019 7:42am Edited Date/Time 4/30/2019 5:54am
The demographic doesn't fit SX. NASCAR is loosing fans and they are trying to force it into SX. The're are so many better personalities to put in the booth.

I don't think it adds anything to the broadcast. in fact it takes away.

Thoughts?
|
dadofagun
Fantasy
2117th
4/28/2019 7:50am
Maybe they think having some NASCAR folk in the booth may help them get some SX fans to watch/attend? Just a guess, but the stock car giant is losing appeal quickly.
4/28/2019 7:52am
Monster just paid a ton of money to become the title sponsor of a dying sport, so they are simply cross promoting it in an attempt to draw in new fans that are already motorsports fans.
davis224
Fantasy
182nd
4/28/2019 7:52am
I don't mind, just because we usually get a well spoken professional who doesn't awkwardly trail off.
crowe176
4/28/2019 7:55am
Did someone say “well spoken professional”?

The Shop

4/28/2019 7:55am
Are you drunk? AJ Allmendinger sounded great and 1000x more natural than RC.

Takes away from the broadcast?? Please elaborate on that
4/28/2019 8:00am
All the nascar dudes have been solid. Don’t see any downside to it
VetMX.com
4/28/2019 8:08am
I thought he did well and he and Ricky seemed to jel well together.

Not a Nascar fan and did not know it was going down in ratings. I think it is AMAZING to take a nap with.
braaap
Fantasy
2090th
4/28/2019 8:09am
I thought AJ did real well. He was a good commentator who said just enough words without blabbering unnecessary stuff.
Red Crawford
4/28/2019 8:10am
FELD is "test driving" the NASCAR guys in preparation for purchasing NASCAR. Gonna be some Monster truck/SX/NASCAR Extravaganza race weekends in your future. Sure hope I'm wrong, but there are lots of smoke signals this old Comanche cannot ignore....
biscuit11
4/28/2019 8:12am Edited Date/Time 4/28/2019 8:20am
Instead of the ignorant narrow minded opinion that nascar is being forced upon supercross fans maybe people should open their eyes. AJ didnt talk or promote nascar for a single second. Do any of the narrow minded ones think maybe, just maybe, a nascar/indy/imsa fan may see AJ on the tv and say whoa whats this let me check this out??? Some people are so damn ignorant its hard to understand...
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
4/28/2019 8:13am
Want to know what really hurts the sport? Goofy F'ing comments like the whole intent of this thread every damn week. It validates the motocross community as being the whiny little bitches they can be at times and have formed a reputation of having. Now I realize that the far vast majority of MX'ers out there don't whine about most stuff and are just good people. But a vocal few are spoiling it for the masses. Having different announcers for broadcasts isn't going to grow the sport in any way shape or form. Go out and ride, have a family and teach them to ride. Take some friends out to ride and bring their kids. Buy a couple extra seats for SX/MX events and take some friends. Attend your local EX events. Go to the local races and spend some money. Go buy a cheap pit bike for 1) playing around on yourself (its fun!) and 2) Use it to take your friends kids to the MX track and introduce them to riding. The #1 reason the sport isn't growing to the pace we all would want it to be is because its intimidating. People don't know where to start - and lets face it, it is intimidating for the first time.

The announcers (all of them, even the GOAT) are not the problem. Sure, they aren't perfect. But I watch football, baseball, and basketball and they have their same issues with announcers too. Hell, ever listen to Bill Walton? Dude is sharp as a spoon and can barely form complete sentences. Let's just let it go.....Who really gives a crap? Just go ride.

Ok, rant over. I feel better.. Carry on
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3807th
4/28/2019 8:14am
Supercross and NASCAR are both sponsored by Monster Energy, and it can potentially build the fan base for both sports if NASCAR supports SX and SX supports NASCAR. Not sure why two adrenaline-driven motorsports have to be enemies in your eyes.
slipdog
4/28/2019 8:15am
Dying or not, NASCAR is a far bigger sport than SX so bringing a little star power to the booth can't hurt. I may be naive but I thought it was more to benefit SX than NASCAR
Red Crawford
4/28/2019 8:15am
TbonesPop wrote:
Want to know what really hurts the sport? Goofy F'ing comments like the whole intent of this thread every damn week. It validates the motocross community...
Want to know what really hurts the sport? Goofy F'ing comments like the whole intent of this thread every damn week. It validates the motocross community as being the whiny little bitches they can be at times and have formed a reputation of having. Now I realize that the far vast majority of MX'ers out there don't whine about most stuff and are just good people. But a vocal few are spoiling it for the masses. Having different announcers for broadcasts isn't going to grow the sport in any way shape or form. Go out and ride, have a family and teach them to ride. Take some friends out to ride and bring their kids. Buy a couple extra seats for SX/MX events and take some friends. Attend your local EX events. Go to the local races and spend some money. Go buy a cheap pit bike for 1) playing around on yourself (its fun!) and 2) Use it to take your friends kids to the MX track and introduce them to riding. The #1 reason the sport isn't growing to the pace we all would want it to be is because its intimidating. People don't know where to start - and lets face it, it is intimidating for the first time.

The announcers (all of them, even the GOAT) are not the problem. Sure, they aren't perfect. But I watch football, baseball, and basketball and they have their same issues with announcers too. Hell, ever listen to Bill Walton? Dude is sharp as a spoon and can barely form complete sentences. Let's just let it go.....Who really gives a crap? Just go ride.

Man, I'm glad YOU don't whine! HuhDry
biscuit11
4/28/2019 8:19am
slipdog wrote:
Dying or not, NASCAR is a far bigger sport than SX so bringing a little star power to the booth can't hurt. I may be naive...
Dying or not, NASCAR is a far bigger sport than SX so bringing a little star power to the booth can't hurt. I may be naive but I thought it was more to benefit SX than NASCAR
I agree 100%. AJ doesnt just appeal to nascar fans, but indy and sportscar fans as well. Hes one of the most broad ranged motorsports guys in the country. Many also probably dont know he doesnt race nascar anymore, i believe the rolex 24 was his only race this year.
500guy
4/28/2019 8:23am
I had no problem with the guy, well spoken, liked the racing and good interaction with RC and Ralph.

Whats the downside?
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
4/28/2019 8:40am
Man, I'm glad YOU don't whine! HuhDry
So suggesting people stop bitching about announcers and actually go out to ride is whining but constantly complaining about the same stupid crap every weekend is perfectly acceptable......well there you have it SMH
mauidex
4/28/2019 9:42am
Thursdays on nbcsn is nascar America’s “Motorsports” show. They cover everything. They have given this seasons sx series the best coverage since the old days of moto world and speed tv. Open up your eyes and your ears. Might learn something. They cover flat track too. The “new” motorcycle series!!Laughing
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
4/28/2019 10:28am Edited Date/Time 4/28/2019 10:31am
Big E wrote:
The demographic doesn't fit SX. NASCAR is loosing fans and they are trying to force it into SX. The're are so many better personalities to put...
The demographic doesn't fit SX. NASCAR is loosing fans and they are trying to force it into SX. The're are so many better personalities to put in the booth.

I don't think it adds anything to the broadcast. in fact it takes away.

Thoughts?
Lets say your right , and the SX community dont want to watch Nascar, But this could also work the other way , those guys have fans that could maybe watch SX
Because there guys are into it , i dont see any harm in it
And Im not a Nascar fan , but i am a racing Fan and A motor sports fan.
I could Be a fan of Nascar if some changes were made.
Is it Strange that i feel like i could fix that sport.
I Have been in sales and Marketing for 20 years
Maybe they should call me.
If i made it into what i would want to do watch i think
Most others would want to also.
Ive seem some good documentarys about it on the ole YouTube also.
cbuehler767
4/28/2019 10:49am
TbonesPop wrote:
Want to know what really hurts the sport? Goofy F'ing comments like the whole intent of this thread every damn week. It validates the motocross community...

Bill Walton has a major speech impediment and stuttered until he was 28yrs old. He does an awesome job and his passion for basketball is unparalleled
steve_97060
4/28/2019 10:57am
the obligatory day after race complain about the announcing thread..
ga_pike
4/28/2019 11:01am
I don't see any issues with it and there are several NASCAR guys who started in MX.

That said... I can see races moving to NASCAR tracks and having double or triple header events somehow.
zippytech
4/28/2019 11:09am
Yea, I don't need to hear anything they have to say. I rather they bring in some old moto guys or nobody. If they have that time to burn, do a shoot of where are they now or some throw back pict of past winners or something.

I don't even want to hear a word about anything but motorcycles.
4/28/2019 11:25am
Only negative I see is that every single one of them has been better than RC. Hell, AJ was setting RC up for questions better than Ralph can! The Bill Walton comparison is apples to oranges; he is one of many many crews that call basketball. We're stuck with these two chumps for our marquis series. Feld must not read the comments, because it's getting harder and harder by the week to justify Ricky when Daniel Blair is objectively better on the mic. Must be a Monster call, because any legitimate NBC producer would be screaming to get Rick off the broadcast. Would be like Jason Whitten getting 10 more years on the MNF broadcast
4/28/2019 11:28am
Well my guess would be that they're hoping their regular series announcers(Ralph & Ricky), will take a few notes about how they flawlessly & seamlessly transition through the event. Each time the nascar guys guest commentator they make the 2 regulars look like complete baffoons. Whether you're an avid fan or a channel flipper stumbling upon the race, theres no way you could tell yourself honestly that stenhouse & allmendinger didn't look like veteran commentators of the sport training the "new guys". Pretty sad that someone like stenhouse can come in on a 1 week deal & be all that we've been missing in the booth for years while the other 2 have a go at it every week & never progress. Sometimes it really seems to me that they've gone backwards as the weeks go by. It doesn't help anyone with a film crew as bad as what we've had this year either though. Pretty sad that we've missed half of the action & half of the lead changes throughout the year while listening to Ralph & Ricky ramble on about shit that nobody cares about...
ATKpilot99
4/28/2019 11:34am
TbonesPop wrote:

Bill Walton has a major speech impediment and stuttered until he was 28yrs old. He does an awesome job and his passion for basketball is unparalleled
Plus he's probably high as a kite.
system
4/28/2019 12:10pm
...because the NASCAR guy is better at color commentary for SX than the moto guy.
level
4/28/2019 12:11pm
It’s a little odd to have nascar guys in the booth I will admit. Figured some other moto guys but oh well.
Maybe he was just going to the race and they invited him in.
Motofinne
4/28/2019 12:18pm Edited Date/Time 4/28/2019 12:23pm
Imagine an other sport where they take ex-players/racers from other sports to the commentating booth and those players/racers outshines the sports own experts.

Just imagine.

Post a reply to: Why does Feld feel they need to have a NASCAR driver in the booth?

The Latest