Why does Chad Reed ride Las Vegas?!

Related:
Create New Tag

5/7/2010 6:18 AM

Why does Chad Reed ride Las Vegas?
He can get hurt and risk the outdoor season!
I hope I can ask the same question about the USGP!
It would be great to se him ride against Carioli and Philleperts... ...or Phillperts..whatever

|

5/7/2010 6:35 AM

Actually Reed is one rider we haven't heard much about regarding participation in the USGP. On the one hand he has always been a big supporter of the MXdN, even in '07/'08 where he was on an SX only contract. On the other hand he is one of the few top riders currently in the US that has actually done a full season in the GP's (and done well) so he may not feel he has anything to prove. On another hand he may feel he has something to prove about beating Cairoli from last year's MXoN, although perhaps that can wait until the MXoN this year.

|

5/7/2010 6:41 AM

Can't recall it word for word, but he didn't seem to amped on it in a podcast I was listening too. He also Tweeted something about how bad Glen Helen was and that he officially wasn't doing the GP.

I know its impossible as competitive racers, but if they could put their pride aside you'd think it would be a good weekend just for training. Like Searle said though, a lot of them prob don't care to be beaten by guys they've never even heard of.

|

5/7/2010 6:48 AM

Twittter...

CRTwoTwo...

Confirmed!! I will not be at the USGP glen Hellen sucks so dangerous. Good luck to the gp guys

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5/7/2010 6:48 AM

Yes, he also have been in Vegas before and his not in for the championship.

|

5/7/2010 6:50 AM

Maybe he's concerned that people on this board might think he's coasting?

|

Care Factor Zero

5/7/2010 6:52 AM

Chad is not racing the USGP, he is racing Vegas for his Team and Sponsers. I think his last few SX races have shown you he will not hang it out and ride beyond his comfort level, he will play it safe and be ready to defend his title in the Nationals.

|

5/7/2010 6:54 AM

LOL Chad wants to do Vegas to get away from poopie diapers.

|

5/7/2010 6:55 AM

What is it that is so dangerous with GH?
The speed, the hills?

|

5/7/2010 7:01 AM

Mejan wrote:

The speed, the hills?

Blind sections with shitty flaggers

|

5/7/2010 8:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/7/2010 8:29 AM

|

5/7/2010 8:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/7/2010 8:30 AM

What is he contracted to ride? Hint: It's not the GP's

|

flarider wrote: I don't know shit
and I am damn glad for that

5/7/2010 8:36 AM

chrisbuehler wrote:

Way to talk out your ass..

|

5/7/2010 8:40 AM

Mejan wrote:

The speed, the hills?

chrisbuehler wrote:

Trip wrote:

That's what he said on twitter

|

5/7/2010 8:55 AM

chrisbuehler wrote:

Trip wrote:

Nikhil wrote:

There were NO flaggers yesterday, as there never is on practice days... Reed is all of the sudden sounding like a bitch. Whatever happend to just go race? Reed used to make noise because of his results. When did he become the sftey police?

Why don't some of these pros put their money where their mouth is? Plenty of cash among the top guys. Buy a track...make it public.... hire flaggers..make every jump a table top.... You wont be able to spend the money fast enough.. All the other tracks will close...

|

5/7/2010 8:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 10:40 PM

Trip wrote:

Nikhil wrote:

Trip wrote:

There were NO flaggers yesterday, as there never is on practice days... Reed is all of the sudden sounding like a bitch. Whatever happend to just go race? Reed used to make noise because of his results. When did he become the sftey police?

Why don't some of these pros put their money where their mouth is? Plenty of cash among the top guys. Buy a track...make it public.... hire flaggers..make every jump a table top.... You wont be able to spend the money fast enough.. All the other tracks will close...

I agree.

If thing's aren't safe we should let them end up like Magoo.(RIP)If things can be made safer why wouldn't you want that?

|

flarider wrote: I don't know shit
and I am damn glad for that

5/7/2010 9:00 AM

Paul-Africa wrote:

he'd smoke them....

|

02 PW80 8) #N8 [LINK TO IMAGE]

5/7/2010 9:01 AM

It's his job?w00t
|

5/7/2010 9:06 AM

contract?

|

5/7/2010 9:13 AM

Nobody forces anyone to ride any track. If there was that much concern about it before the accident yesterday, why didn't anyone say something about it last week? It was the exact same track! The top guys show up with their man friends, I'm sure Glen Helen or any other track would be happy to give one of them a yellow flag.

You know when Milestone first opened they had split practices. You got a colored wrist band when you came through the gate depending on your skill level. They don't do that anymore. It just didn't make sense.
Comp Edge used to split skill level and tracks, they also no longer do that..

Guys it all sounds good on paper but reality is what it is. It's been tried, it didn't work..

|

5/7/2010 9:33 AM

the name is Philippaerts...:-)

Because....to fear!!!:-D

|

5/7/2010 9:34 AM

I'm going to guess that most riders are just resigned to the fact that Glen Helen is what it is on Thursdays. They keep their expectations low, and occasionally aren't disappointed.

Why don't they bitch about no flaggers? For the same reason they don't wear chest protectors, or all the safety gear that they could. They think bad things will happen to someone else, not them. The problem is that if it were just pros, it'd be one thing. But there are mini bikes weaving around, coming on and off the track in different sections as they work on it with their dads/coaches, and fat old guys riding around at maybe 1/5 the speed that they're going.

|

5/7/2010 9:42 AM

Trip wrote:

Nikhil wrote:

Trip wrote:

Jesus Trip, sounding like a bitch? You must be a Budweiser guy. He owns a series,, not a track. You sound like the douche bag that screams at his kid because he didn't jump the jump that billy was paralyzed on.

|

5/7/2010 9:58 AM

Reed wants to race Vegas because he is a racer. And racers...well...uh...race.

I am not a big believer in not racing this or that cause you may get hurt for the nats or whatever. Look at Alessi and James. Both had planned to race one particular series and both ended up not even competing due to injuries. So now they are not only out for what they planned to race but they didn't race the series before and they are both going on a year!

Race whatever you can when you can cause the clock ticks quick. And soon it's all over.

|

5/7/2010 10:04 AM

Its his last chance to increase his streak of a win in a season from 7 to 8. Then if he gets a win next year he will tie MC's record of 9 in a row.

|

5/7/2010 10:25 AM

please leave the sport for one year.

|

5/7/2010 10:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/7/2010 10:38 AM

Reed will ride the Las Vegas Supercross for the same reason people go to work every day despite really hating that one co-worker, he wants to keep his job.

If you read into his tweet a bit it becomes apparent that he at least considered doing the USGP, at some level. I don't blame him for backing off of that thought after having a horrible experience there just weeks prior to the race. It's not like he wouldn't ride if it was in the AMA Nationals, which he's signed up to do...

Honestly, have none of you guys who complain about people not wanting to ride because of the safety (and only man up to it if it happens to be in their contract) never in your life had a similair feeling? I sure know of times when I've been out on a track not really having a good time at all because the track felt sketchy and dangerous for whatever reason. Just because Chad Reed is Chad Reed doesn't mean he never gets that feeling.

People are dying and are getting paralyzed or "just" seriously injured all over the place right now it seems like, can you really blame someone for not racing more than they have to? Do celebrate the ones who do come out and play where they don't have to every now and then, but treat those as the exception, not the rule.

This of course, is directed to the few but seemingly very vocal people who feel they have to ridicule or hang out riders for not "maning up" and "accepting the risks" or whatever mans-man idiocy they come up with for an argument.

Yeah I know, I'm a newbie and shouldn't really open my mouth. I should have waited for the mandatory 2-years-of-membership time to pass before I expressed honest opinions on something sensitive, I couldn't help myself. :*

|

5/7/2010 10:44 AM

How is having a flagger for a blind section anything to do with splitting practices? All it takes is 1 guy, hell go to home depot at around 5 0r 6 am and get a day worker to do it, how much can that really cost?
Bottom line is, if they want put blind sections in for any practice, have a flagger

|

5/7/2010 11:16 AM

Reed will go through the motions and not push it in Vegas. Whats the motivation? A win bonus? he will top 5 then unleash on TGO

|

5/7/2010 11:26 AM

Reed is racing Vegas because he is PAID to race Vegas. Shit , this is a JOB. He whines about his JOB an awful lot lately... What happened to the tough guy I have loved all these years? I remember a certain Mr. RC having twins in the middle of a season... Did not hear the whining. Just saying...

|