Why do we want MX to be"easier"?

Squidward
9/22/2017 10:47pm
I would say make it cheaper. My dad always brings up a good point about the sport, "It separates the intelligent from the stupid." He tells me that's why he really likes moto. Not everyone can just jump on and be great at it. It takes years upon years of practice, dedication, and really shows you who truly gives a crap. People who think they can jump on a bike and be a super pro learn in a hurry it's a lot harder than it looks. I wan't the sport to be available to everyone, and cheap so lots of kids can do it. I mean I've never had more fun than I had with my family in Ocitillo Wells, CA just ripping around all day. But I don't want the sport to become like the NFL and all fake and blown up. I don't really see that happening, for quite a lot of reasons: The time consumed, just how much work has to be put in to matter in the sport, the risk factor, but I prefer it that way. You gotta pay to play. And another thing is that the two stroke really needs to make a huge comeback. Its the weekend warriors perfect bike. Cheap, reliable, fun, easy to work on, and it teaches you how to ride way better than a four stroke. But I don't want to get into a whole 2 vs 4 stroke deal. Just trying to make some points. Anyways, in conclusion, I believe MX should be hard, but obviously not ridiculously hard. That way its not just everyone everywhere doing it, You get to see real people. Not just a bunch of posers.
Racer142
9/22/2017 11:32pm
Some people got my point and others obviously missed it. This wasn't a 2 stroke vs 4 stroke vs e bike thread. More like peelout posted I would rather development be towards making racing cheaper and closer. I hate it everytime I read about how easy it is to recover from mistakes on 4 strokes and then complain in the next thread about guys making mistakes cutting the track and getting back on where they left off and because "making a mistake should cost you time." Personally I do believe we would be in a better place as a sport if the "premier" class was 250 or 300 2stroke or 250-350 four stroke and we should have a 125 class that was a real "production" class. Something similar to Australia 250 2 stroke rules. No modification between the air boot and exhaust pipe. No works suspension or engines in the "feeder" class. Save that for the "premier" class.
11/20/2017 2:49pm
I know this discussion is a couple of months old, but I wanted to comment anyway. My racing days was several decades ago, when the suspension wars just started. I had a Suz TM100, then an RM125. The YZ just got the monoshock, and Honda and Kawasaki were still behind. As the bikes progressed to more speed, more suspension, easier to ride, etc, the tracks were modified to accommodate this. Result? Bigger jumps, more dangerous tracks, more injuries, etc. Even the GOAT missed a season due to injury. Kinda like how football helmets have improved over the years, but head injuries haven't. The players just hit harder since they're more protected. One of the main ways track makers use to challenge riders is the big jumps, complex rhythm sections, etc. that can only be negotiated with a modern 4-stroke. I think they should go back to 2-strokes. Having a bike that's harder to ride would, IMO, improve the racing. Make the bikes harder to ride, and the tracks easier (and safer).

BTW, when I stepped up to a 250, I thought that thing had the widest powerband imaginable.

As a young, bullet-proof teenager, I thought that I'd be able to avoid injury with talent. You know, "I'm good enough that I'll never get hurt". It didn't take too long to figure out that that's a fallacy. I don't know of any title holder who didn't get knocked out of contention by injury for at least one season.
11/20/2017 3:31pm
Different bikes work for different people, and moto is evolving I don't think its getting any easier.

The Shop

jeffro503
11/20/2017 5:15pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I guess I go against the grain on this. I went back to riding 2 strokes because I started to feel like a lazy bastard doing...
I guess I go against the grain on this. I went back to riding 2 strokes because I started to feel like a lazy bastard doing the whole track in 3rd gear on my 450's. I " wanted " more busy.

I can also say that even at my age....3 yrs back on 2 strokes and my corner speed has gotten a lot better. Nothing against 4 strokes...as I'm picking up a new 350 before next season. But I'm keeping my 2 strokes because they are the best damn training a dude can do!!
Kind of weird quoting myself....

But No , no I'm not getting a new 350. New TC 250 to go along with the TC 125 I have. Everything else I said holds true with me. More busy on the 2 strokes , and feel a lot more alive riding them. Sooo....2 strokes only for me.

Post a reply to: Why do we want MX to be"easier"?

The Latest