Why do some topics disappear ?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/26/2018 12:32 PM

Yesterday someone was asking about what helmet he should buy, I replied with a bit of advice and now it's disappeared from the forum. If I go to my profile, it doesn't say I've replied. What's going on?

|

12/26/2018 12:42 PM

Sometimes threads get deleted for one reason or another.

|

12/26/2018 12:50 PM

If it is who I think it is, he deleted his own post because it went sideways. I only know because he posted about it on IG haha.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

12/26/2018 12:53 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

If it is who I think it is, he deleted his own post because it went sideways. I only know because he posted about it on IG haha.

Went sideways? Really, how?

|

12/26/2018 12:57 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

From his IG post, he asked about people's opinion on one helmet and it turned into everyone saying, "don't get it, get this instead. Brand X is better than brand Y because I said so" type of stuff.

|

2017 RMZ450
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

12/26/2018 1:01 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

From his IG post, he asked about people's opinion on one helmet and it turned into everyone saying, "don't get it, get this instead. Brand X is better than brand Y because I said so" type of stuff.

Least I know why it was deleted. Cheers for the info.

|

12/26/2018 1:01 PM

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

Least I know why it was deleted. Cheers for the info.

No problem man

|

2017 RMZ450
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

12/26/2018 1:15 PM

That was my thread, and I deleted it because I had a specific sizing question that wasn't being answered. All the responses I was getting were recommending one brand over another, and I wasn't looking for recommendations at all. Just whether sizing was consistent among the Japanese brands so I'd know what to expect. Wasn't trying to get into a Shoei vs. Arai thread, that's all.

|

@fiendz.cc

12/26/2018 1:20 PM

FiendzCC wrote:

That was my thread, and I deleted it because I had a specific sizing question that wasn't being answered. All the responses I was getting were recommending one brand over another, and I wasn't looking for recommendations at all. Just whether sizing was consistent among the Japanese brands so I'd know what to expect. Wasn't trying to get into a Shoei vs. Arai thread, that's all.

My bad. I was close at least lol.

|

2017 RMZ450
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

12/26/2018 1:34 PM

There may be a legit reason for the helmet thread's deletion, but beware the fun police and check the dumbgeon on occasion for some good times cool

|

12/26/2018 2:15 PM

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

First time in an online forum, eh?

|

12/26/2018 2:23 PM

Who knows why it happens sometimes. I replied to a post in the "who will choke at A1" thread, and now I don't see my post, nor do I see the original thread I responded to. At least I think I did. Hell, maybe I'm losing my mind now. Shit, if it's not one thing it's another.laughing

|

12/26/2018 4:16 PM

Track and Trail wrote:

There may be a legit reason for the helmet thread's deletion, but beware the fun police and check the dumbgeon on occasion for some good times cool

The dumbgeon is always good for a laugh. Wish the mods would have placed all of the threads from the DDavis apologizes to dean wilson in the dumbgeon instead of deleting them. That was some good comedy I could relive from time to time.

|

12/26/2018 5:23 PM

Track and Trail wrote:

IWreckALot wrote:

The dumbgeon is always good for a laugh. Wish the mods would have placed all of the threads from the DDavis apologizes to dean wilson in the dumbgeon instead of deleting them. That was some good comedy I could relive from time to time.

I have found a few of my post sent to the dumbgeon. It is like a badge of honor, but I can say some dumb stuff. lol

|

12/26/2018 6:20 PM

Track and Trail wrote:

IWreckALot wrote:

racingfortheson wrote:

I have found a few of my post sent to the dumbgeon. It is like a badge of honor, but I can say some dumb stuff. lol

We all say dumb stuff but when you post it for all to see then you take it to a whole new level of dumb wink cool

|

Ed Johnson

12/26/2018 6:23 PM

IWreckALot wrote:

racingfortheson wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

We all say dumb stuff but when you post it for all to see then you take it to a whole new level of dumb wink cool

Not me......

|

12/26/2018 6:41 PM

Most threads somehow turn into a Tomac vs Herlings thread anyway haha

|

12/26/2018 8:12 PM

Sometimes they get deleted because the topic already exists sonewhere else. Other times they migrate to the dumbgeon.

Occasionally they’re so bad, even the dumbgeon doesn’t want them, and they’re just deleted.

|

12/26/2018 9:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/26/2018 9:29 PM

Photo
|