Why do motocross suspenders lack sag indicators like MTB suspension has?

ACBraap
Fantasy
564th
5/30/2018 10:10am
Turbojez wrote:
WTF is going on in this place?
DoctorJD wrote:
Herd mentality. OP, I agree. Having the gradients on the sliders is genius, it makes tuning my mtb fork a snap. My bet is that it...
Herd mentality.

OP, I agree. Having the gradients on the sliders is genius, it makes tuning my mtb fork a snap. My bet is that it would have something to do with the fork coatings (why we don't see them on dirt bike forks).
These dirt bike guys would really be pissed if they saw how well Specialized auto sag works.
slotsquid
Fantasy
3056th
5/30/2018 10:21am
rmoto003 wrote:
because fuck you, thats why
I thought it was funny...

Bicycle suspension and Motocross suspension have much less in common than one would think.
BroFoSho
5/30/2018 10:34am
ob wrote:
Have you used air to the set the sag on your MX shock? If you had a thousand different rear springs to try until you were...
Have you used air to the set the sag on your MX shock? If you had a thousand different rear springs to try until you were at 30% or whatever you were shooting for sag wise you could use a indicator. But we use springs that need to be the correct rate then tensioned or loosened to get to the sweet spot. You aren't just adding or subtracting air until you are perfect. Make sense?
Finally a real answer, and one that makes sense.

The Shop

5/30/2018 12:02pm
ACBraap wrote:
These dirt bike guys would really be pissed if they saw how well Specialized auto sag works.
Man, that's really cool. But can you imagine the uproar people would have if moto manufacturers decided to use an air shock in the rear (al la Dungey in supercross that one year)? Look how negatively the population responded to air forks. The average motocross guy is lazy as hell and barely even checks their tire pressures.
early
Fantasy
2231st
5/30/2018 12:08pm
Man, that's really cool. But can you imagine the uproar people would have if moto manufacturers decided to use an air shock in the rear (al...
Man, that's really cool. But can you imagine the uproar people would have if moto manufacturers decided to use an air shock in the rear (al la Dungey in supercross that one year)? Look how negatively the population responded to air forks. The average motocross guy is lazy as hell and barely even checks their tire pressures.
Funny, in mtb a coil shock is viewed as a superiorly functioning item if it weren't for the weight penalty.
Marty1028
Fantasy
994th
5/30/2018 12:18pm
Because most front forks are spring
5/30/2018 12:26pm
Marty1028 wrote:
Because most front forks are spring
You can adjust the preload on fork springs, whether it be by adding washers between the spring and its seat, or some forks have a preload adjuster which essentially cranks down on the spring(s).
5/30/2018 12:58pm
You can very commonly see the o-ring on fork lowers of people who tune their own forks. Easiest way to tell if you are using the travel to it’s fullest or if it’s too stiff or soft.
Preston412
5/30/2018 1:02pm
The only sag that needs to be checked up front is my wife's boobs and my man hood, So far, they are in tolerance.
5/30/2018 1:06pm
All I need is some stupid indicators on my forks and shock shaft. Use a sag scale. Not hard. I think society is pathetic and people need to do more shit for themselves. Fuck mountain bikes.
FeetUp
5/30/2018 2:58pm Edited Date/Time 5/30/2018 2:59pm
for a minute there I thought we were talking about seat bounce LOL
make1go
5/30/2018 5:10pm
it allow mtbers to think they are getting 'value for money' on a mtb which costs more than a mx bike.

when in fact their ring has been reamed so much by rip off prices it has no feeling.

VET176
5/30/2018 5:56pm
Because anyone who buys a MTB for $10k+ have more money than sense?
cable
5/31/2018 8:51pm
ACBraap wrote:
Man, that's really cool. But can you imagine the uproar people would have if moto manufacturers decided to use an air shock in the rear (al...
The Brain shock is amazing. won a lot of races on that bike.

Post a reply to: Why do motocross suspenders lack sag indicators like MTB suspension has?

The Latest