Why did you quit Racing Motocross?

Brock1198
7/28/2019 12:52am
Brock1198 wrote:
Well after the bike sitting in a shop for 3 months then locking up the day i get it back and then going back for another...
Well after the bike sitting in a shop for 3 months then locking up the day i get it back and then going back for another 3 months sort of frustrated me. then after 5 months of riding i broke my tibia pretty bad at a lorettas area qualifier and was in a cast for 6 months. rode it about 4 times after getting cast off and decided i needed to sell my race bike to build a fast car and get back into racing later in life. 2 years later im sitting on an unfinished ford ranger 302 swap project and selling that bike was one of my biggest and only regret ive had. Not really in the financial position to get another bike at the moment but soon i hope to get another
Tarz483 wrote:
Thats kind of a sad story, i hope you get one soon :) What was the bike that locked up right when u got it back...
Thats kind of a sad story, i hope you get one soon Smile
What was the bike that locked up right when u got it back from the shop?
Brock1198 wrote:
Was a 2006 cr125 that I had built by ebr not really sure what happened but I’m not mad because after getting it back the 2nd...
Was a 2006 cr125 that I had built by ebr not really sure what happened but I’m not mad because after getting it back the 2nd it ripped and was one of the favorite bikes I ever rode
Good news picked up a clean 2003 cr250 with less than 20 original hours on it off the facebook market place for 2300$. Back in the racing scene hell yeah.
KX500
7/28/2019 7:48am
Motocross will always be my favorite form or racing. Most Fun I've ever had on 2 wheels.

But, after a while, I just couldn't take spending 8 or 10 hours out of a day, just to race MX for maybe a total of 40 minutes. Most of the places I raced were trying to jam so much into one day, that 2 motos of about 20 minutes was about all you'd get. Loved the time on the track, but the other 7-8 hours was just too much.

Then I discovered Hare Scrambles. Get there an hour before start time, race 2 hours, try not to puke at the end, cool off & go home.

Slightly less fun while on the bike, but still much better ratio of time invested vrs. time actually on the bike.

Never raced MX again. Now the only riding that I want to do is woods/trails.

Watch and follow MX/SX yes, but almost no desire to do that again.
mooch
Fantasy
431st
7/28/2019 9:11am
Concussions...too many. Still practice ride and do an occasional vintage or pit bike race but had to make a huge effort to dial it back a bit and ride for fun rather than pushing things and landing on my head again.

The Shop

7/28/2019 9:57am
There’s a lot of people racing motocross this week at Loretta’s. Having a blast down here.

All the reasons in here on why nobody races anymore is depressing. Come down to Loretta’s to spectate and maybe it will relight your flame.

This is a great time!

Post a reply to: Why did you quit Racing Motocross?

The Latest