Why did Stewart leave Kawi?

DemoDick
Edited Date/Time 4/20/2014 5:40pm
I fell out of keeping track of Moto for a few years and really do not know the back story. Someone explain it to me?
|
4/18/2014 6:54pm
Kawasaki thought he was done I believe so they didn't offer him a contract, or one that Stewart agreed with.
rcm406
4/18/2014 6:58pm Edited Date/Time 4/18/2014 6:58pm
689 wrote:
Kawasaki thought he was done I believe so they didn't offer him a contract, or one that Stewart agreed with.
Yea, they thought he was done right after he went 24-0 in the outdoors.DizzyDry
TeamGreen
4/18/2014 7:00pm
It's this simple:

James Stewart is a Red Bull Athlete.

You can say it other-ways or you might even get someone to give you some particulars as to how this came to be "the point"...like how it's about a Helmet, a Logo and a Really Big Check...HIS Really Big Check; but, it all still comes down to the following...

James, Red Bull, Period.

The Shop

Electro
4/18/2014 7:01pm
They had Villo on the back burner and knew they would save on Bonus Cash.
DemoDick
4/18/2014 7:04pm
TeamGreen wrote:
It's this simple: James Stewart is a Red Bull Athlete. You can say it other-ways or you might even get someone to give you some particulars...
It's this simple:

You can say it other-ways or you might even get someone to give you some particulars as to how this came to be "the point"...like how it's about a Helmet, a Logo and a Really Big Check...HIS Really Big Check; but, it all still comes down to the following...

James, Red Bull, Period.
Makes sense to me. I would like to hear the particulars though.
Electro
4/18/2014 7:07pm
How much is his Red Bull contract worth?
4/18/2014 7:15pm
6 or 7 answers, not one even close to the truth.
Stewart didn't "leave" Kawasaki.
Kawasaki did the same with Stewart they did with Ricky Charmichael - they didn't offer him a contract.
That has been their MO for a number of years, until RV, who they decided to play ball with and he decided to trade some cash for comfort with a bike he knew.
Kawi Generally sees their role as developing riders to a certain point, but when it comes to really spending big money, they step away. Probably from the days of not being able to out bid Honda, so they developed a habit of letting guys go.
4/18/2014 7:15pm
689 wrote:
So they thought Ricky was done as well? LOL swing and a miss ace.
Electro
4/18/2014 7:18pm
Electro wrote:
DemoDick wrote:
[img]http://fastmemes.com/media/created/78illx.jpg[/img]
I cant even afford A Red Bull
4/18/2014 7:20pm
Electro wrote:
DemoDick wrote:
[img]http://fastmemes.com/media/created/78illx.jpg[/img]
Electro wrote:
I cant even afford A Red Bull
dont fret, just drink the battery acid under your hood
TeamGreen
4/18/2014 7:26pm
Mr. Knobby wrote:
6 or 7 answers, not one even close to the truth. Stewart didn't "leave" Kawasaki. Kawasaki did the same with Stewart they did with Ricky Charmichael...
Kawasaki did the same with Stewart they did with Ricky Charmichael - they didn't offer him a contract.
That has been their MO for a number of years, until RV, who they decided to play ball with and he decided to trade some cash for comfort with a bike he knew.
Kawi Generally sees their role as developing riders to a certain point, but when it comes to really spending big money, they step away. Probably from the days of not being able to out bid Honda, so they developed a habit of letting guys go.
So, it's that simple? Really? Oh, OK.

There's always a lot more to it than the "simple answer" provides. Especially on this one.
4/18/2014 7:31pm
TeamGreen wrote:

There's always a lot more to it than the "simple answer" provides. Especially on this one.
Oh there is really eh.. OOOOOOHH big mystery.
Ricky and James tell the exact same story....so must be a big mystery, with all kinds of twists and turns and so much more to it, that repeated twice in a matter of a couple of years.
Juss
4/18/2014 7:47pm
Electro wrote:
They had Villo on the back burner and knew they would save on Bonus Cash.
Fuck no not even close. They had no idea what RV would do. Mike Williamson said RV would try jumping triples in 1st gear. Had no clue what he was doing on the 450!
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
4/18/2014 7:49pm
Mr. Knobby wrote:
6 or 7 answers, not one even close to the truth. Stewart didn't "leave" Kawasaki. Kawasaki did the same with Stewart they did with Ricky Charmichael...
Really? You're wrong on quit a bit here.
Huevos
4/18/2014 7:52pm
You're all wrong. I'm just too much of a pompous ass hat and won't explain why, just like the rest of these fools.
DemoDick
4/18/2014 8:13pm
Huevos wrote:
You're all wrong. I'm just too much of a pompous ass hat and won't explain why, just like the rest of these fools.
Nice....I am going off to be sad now.
TeamGreen
4/18/2014 8:27pm
TeamGreen wrote:

Mr. Knobby wrote:
Oh there is really eh.. OOOOOOHH big mystery. Ricky and James tell the exact same story....so must be a big mystery, with all kinds of twists...
Oh there is really eh.. OOOOOOHH big mystery.
Ricky and James tell the exact same story....so must be a big mystery, with all kinds of twists and turns and so much more to it, that repeated twice in a matter of a couple of years.
That's right...just roll with what you know.
jeffro503
4/18/2014 11:22pm
Mr. Knobby wrote:
Uuuhh.....hey smart guy. You just said about 6 - 7 things " Wrong " in what you just wrote. You should listen to what TG and Uptite have to say.....you may learn something. But then again.....maybe you won't. Sounds like you know everything already.
4/19/2014 2:16am
TeamGreen wrote:
It's this simple: James Stewart is a Red Bull Athlete. You can say it other-ways or you might even get someone to give you some particulars...
It's this simple:

James, Red Bull, Period.
DemoDick wrote:
Makes sense to me. I would like to hear the particulars though.
He gave u the particulars.
downard254
4/19/2014 4:26am
Maybe we can get Scittie or Guy to fix the forum to where every single post automatically begins with IMO.
That would go a long way to resolving issues with a bunch of know-it-alls. Of course not me, cause I really do know-it-all.
shredder22
4/19/2014 4:50am
downard254 wrote:
Maybe we can get Scittie or Guy to fix the forum to where every single post automatically begins with IMO. That would go a long way...
Maybe we can get Scittie or Guy to fix the forum to where every single post automatically begins with IMO.
That would go a long way to resolving issues with a bunch of know-it-alls. Of course not me, cause I really do know-it-all.
I thought it was already understood that every post was in our own opinion Tongue
davis224
Fantasy
165th
4/19/2014 5:05am
I thought RC left Kawi because he liked Ezra's Honda a lot more than his factory Kawi (or that was at least part of the reason, plus the bigger payday at Honda) and I had always thought James left Kawi because he was forced to become a monster athlete because of the team sponsorship, and he had a good relation$hip with Red Bull.
DonM
4/19/2014 6:27am
davis224 wrote:
I thought RC left Kawi because he liked Ezra's Honda a lot more than his factory Kawi (or that was at least part of the reason...
I thought RC left Kawi because he liked Ezra's Honda a lot more than his factory Kawi (or that was at least part of the reason, plus the bigger payday at Honda) and I had always thought James left Kawi because he was forced to become a monster athlete because of the team sponsorship, and he had a good relation$hip with Red Bull.
He left because Kawi was slow on matching Honda's offer and when they finally did it was way below the Honda offer. Remember at this time Kawi had Stewart in the wings and felt that James was going to be better than RC...the rest is history.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
4/19/2014 6:38am
2014 isn't looking a lot more promising for the noob class than 2013 was.

On a related topic, I've always wondered why Stew ran the 125 in 04 (other than the last round at Glen Helen). It's not like 05, when Kawi didn't have a 450 and stuck him on that roided 250; they had the 250f out there. Was it as simple as the hot start issues with the 250f's then?
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
4/19/2014 6:39am
davis224 wrote:
I thought RC left Kawi because he liked Ezra's Honda a lot more than his factory Kawi (or that was at least part of the reason...
I though RC left them because they didn't have a 450 in the pipeline. But there probably was more than one reason.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
4/19/2014 6:51am
2014 isn't looking a lot more promising for the noob class than 2013 was. On a related topic, I've always wondered why Stew ran the 125...
2014 isn't looking a lot more promising for the noob class than 2013 was.

On a related topic, I've always wondered why Stew ran the 125 in 04 (other than the last round at Glen Helen). It's not like 05, when Kawi didn't have a 450 and stuck him on that roided 250; they had the 250f out there. Was it as simple as the hot start issues with the 250f's then?
He tested both but chose yhe 125 because of reliablity. they were having problems with the 250s over heating ans blowing up. PC went through a bunch ofengines that year.
Markout
4/19/2014 7:05am
I saw an interview with Ricky and he stated that Kawi never made him an offer. He said people thought he left because he was influenced by Stanton, but that wasn't true.

Post a reply to: Why did Stewart leave Kawi?

The Latest