Why did Savatgy Change Goggles?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/17/2019 5:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2019 5:17 PM

I saw a photo of Savatgy from Phoenix and he was not wearing the Just1 goggle?? Anyone know whats up? Photo

|

1/17/2019 5:24 PM

Ummmmm......he just one pair and when they were dirty he needed something else? wink wink

|

1/17/2019 5:28 PM

WeaverMX wrote:

I saw a photo of Savatgy from Phoenix and he was not wearing the Just1 goggle?? Anyone know whats up? Photo

Team descision. they told him he has to run scott goggles I believe this was due to a goggle issue at A1.Pulpmx were talking about this on the last show.

|

There are two kinds of people against dirt bikes, those who never tried and those who weren't good at them.

1/17/2019 5:30 PM

WeaverMX wrote:

Aussie_power_sports wrote:

Team descision. they told him he has to run scott goggles I believe this was due to a goggle issue at A1.Pulpmx were talking about this on the last show.

One would think that would have resulted in a Just1 strap on some other brand of goggle.

|

1/17/2019 6:27 PM

He had a goggel problem at A1, the team told him ditch Just1, and he did, he may end up changing again, it was in kickstart Glendale I believe.

|

1/17/2019 6:38 PM

Not the first time Kawasaki has done this, I believe I remember hearing them make Wil Hahn switch when he had an issue with whatever company he was with. I also think they did it with Grant in 2017, he was wearing Von Zipper and then one week he showed up with Oakley's.

|

1/17/2019 7:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2019 7:34 PM

WeaverMX wrote:

Aussie_power_sports wrote:

I wonder if he had a zipper issue like Tomac, if he would have to be in other gear? Or now that he had a concussion, would Kawasaki blame the helmet?

Seems like any gear could have an issue. At one point or another.

|

1/17/2019 7:45 PM

So... how does the contract/$ get sorted?? Savatgy just have to take it on the chin?

|

1/17/2019 7:48 PM

jorgechavez wrote:

Not the first time Kawasaki has done this, I believe I remember hearing them make Wil Hahn switch when he had an issue with whatever company he was with. I also think they did it with Grant in 2017, he was wearing Von Zipper and then one week he showed up with Oakley's.

Actually, Josh Grant didn’t switch mid year but he did switch after VZ dropped the majority of their Moto division and weren’t going to pay anymore.

|

1/17/2019 7:49 PM

He wasn’t wearing Just1 at Anaheim. He definitely had 2 pairs on.

|

1/17/2019 10:10 PM

Yeah right move bij Kawi. Scott got never goggle problems in the rain whistling

|

1/17/2019 10:14 PM

From how last weekend went, I am wondering if he will end up switching helmets too.

|

1/17/2019 10:14 PM

I hear it's gonna be more than a goggle switch.

|

1/17/2019 11:55 PM

Bidirella wrote:

Yeah right move bij Kawi. Scott got never goggle problems in the rain whistling

My reaction when someone asks me how I like my scott roll-offs:

|

1/18/2019 12:35 AM

swap wrote:

I hear it's gonna be more than a goggle switch.

Maybe they should change their name to "Just 1 Round" w00t silly

|

1/18/2019 3:54 AM

Just think of his head.

Do you really trust a brand like Just 1 to produce a safe helmet? I wouldn’t buy their t shirts let alone a helmet.

Too many good companies making good products to put my trust in an unknown brain bucket.

|

1/18/2019 5:43 AM

hayes13 wrote:

I wonder if he had a zipper issue like Tomac, if he would have to be in other gear? Or now that he had a concussion, would Kawasaki blame the helmet?

Seems like any gear could have an issue. At one point or another.

Interesting point about the zipper thing from last year.

If he doesn't run Just 1 goggles and they want to pull out, seems very odd. It's only goggles and they're not going to pick up any factory riders until at least 2020 so the exposure they'll get through Joey has to be worth it. Unless there's more to it which there probably is.

|

1/18/2019 6:00 AM

Did anyone see the crash? Was it a hard hit?

|

1/18/2019 7:39 AM

SEE ARE125 wrote:

laughing very punny!
|

I'm just here to stir sh#t up...

1/18/2019 9:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/18/2019 9:48 AM

MJC wrote:

So... how does the contract/$ get sorted?? Savatgy just have to take it on the chin?

Most sponsors will defer to a rider's main sponsor. In other words, if Kawasaki requires him to wear a certain goggle, Just 1 won't fight it too much.
As for Joey, he basically has to, as you say, take it on the chin (and hopefully has some kind of goggle compensation built into his Kawi contract instead). That is, unless Just 1 will pay him anyway. (Not likely.)
I'm surprised this wasn't figured out by Anaheim 1.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

1/18/2019 10:05 AM

What is with people and their goddamn obsession with goggles? There are more goggle related threads than James Stewart or Chad Reed. WTF!?

|

1/18/2019 12:14 PM

SEE ARE125 wrote:

nrosso391 wrote: laughing very punny!

"Hey Joey, how many races did you wear those goggles for?"

"Just1"

|

Washed up Canadian ex-pro couch racer. Selling bikes for a living

2008 KTM 525XC
2009 KTM 450SX
2016 YFZ450R

1/18/2019 12:22 PM

nascarnate326 wrote:

Just think of his head.

Do you really trust a brand like Just 1 to produce a safe helmet? I wouldn’t buy their t shirts let alone a helmet.

Too many good companies making good products to put my trust in an unknown brain bucket.

Did you say the same when 6D started making helmets?!

If they adhere to the safety standards whats the issue?

|

1/18/2019 12:43 PM

The helmets are probably made by the same Korean manus that a lot of brands use

|

1/18/2019 1:56 PM

nascarnate326 wrote:

Just think of his head.

Probably designed and produced in the same asian factory as ten other better known brands...

|

1/18/2019 2:04 PM

MJC wrote:

Falcon wrote:

Most sponsors will defer to a rider's main sponsor. In other words, if Kawasaki requires him to wear a certain goggle, Just 1 won't fight it too much.
As for Joey, he basically has to, as you say, take it on the chin (and hopefully has some kind of goggle compensation built into his Kawi contract instead). That is, unless Just 1 will pay him anyway. (Not likely.)
I'm surprised this wasn't figured out by Anaheim 1.

Not sure how contracts are written these days but awhile ago there were performance clauses on most products. Though debatable as mentioned no upstart is gonna fight a factory or their time will be
Over before it started!!

|

1/18/2019 2:12 PM

"You can wear any brand you want as long as they're in the good 'ole boy network...". cool

|

1/19/2019 1:37 AM

Photo
|

1/19/2019 6:19 PM

He was back in Just1 goggles today? What gives?

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

1/19/2019 6:31 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

He was back in Just1 goggles today? What gives?

Frames too? Or just the strap?

|