Why did Muddy Creek or High Point Not Replace Washougal?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/14/2020 10:00 PM

With, Washougal being cancelled, wouldn't it make more sense for the nationals being held at one of these venues rather than repeating LL, especially Muddy Creek since it's in Tennessee? Is it all because of the ligistics of getting a national planned with one week's notice?

|

8/14/2020 10:17 PM

"Is it all because of the logistics of getting a national planned with one week's notice?"

I would say that is a good guess/reason.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

8/15/2020 5:21 AM

Takes a lot more than a week to get ready for a pro national

|

8/15/2020 8:42 AM

I was just thinking about this. Yes, it probably takes a lot longer to plan for a national than a week or two. But it sure would have been cool to see one at Monster Mountain, or even Gatorback. This would have been a good time to put one at one of those locations, given the smaller crowds, proximity and such. But moving that big-ass dog and pony show can’t be that easy.

Just dreaming.

Glad we’re racing. And it makes sense to keep it at LLs—— like the last SX rounds at the same locale.

Oh, forgot about Silver Dollar, Echeconnee, Millcreek,........

|

8/15/2020 8:52 AM

I’m amazed some people actually think that a facility could get prepared for an outdoor National with one weeks notice.

|

8/15/2020 9:09 AM

Moto Mofo wrote:

I’m amazed some people actually think that a facility could get prepared for an outdoor National with one weeks notice.

I would think high point could pull it off, but there’s no sense in doing that when you’re at a place like ll or any other national track for that matter.

|

8/15/2020 9:32 AM

Moto Mofo wrote:

bh wrote:

I would think high point could pull it off, but there’s no sense in doing that when you’re at a place like ll or any other national track for that matter.

I think if High Point was able to hold a race it would have already been on the schedule.

The logistics for these races are crazy even in a normal year. Given what they are dealing with my guess is that MX Sports was the most comfortable with the knowns of Lorettas rather than the unknowns of some of these other locations.

|

8/15/2020 9:53 AM

Muddy creek wild probably have to have the bomber come in and give the track a nice re do.. have heard that track has gone to shit tbh.

|

8/15/2020 10:02 AM

It's all because of Th'Rona!

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

8/15/2020 10:42 AM

there is no fun to be had thanks to our governor in pa. but obviously no one can be ready for a national with a weeks notice.

|

8/15/2020 12:25 PM

Gov. Wolfe is a tool. He probably wouldn't allow it.

|

8/15/2020 12:59 PM

Didn't DC say High Point was ready to step in if one of the other events (Washougal specifically) cancelled? I recall hearing that on Pulp or something?

|

8/15/2020 1:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2020 1:07 PM

One would think Red Bud could suffer the same dilemma as Washougall

|

8/15/2020 1:58 PM

How does a posi-trac rear end work on a Plymouth?

|

8/15/2020 9:54 PM

NWmx756 wrote:

Didn't DC say High Point was ready to step in if one of the other events (Washougal specifically) cancelled? I recall hearing that on Pulp or something?

Shocker of the year.

|

Straight Outta Compression

8/15/2020 10:12 PM

NWmx756 wrote:

DE262 wrote:

Shocker of the year.

I mean, is there a problem there? It’s clear MX Sports wasn’t biased with the schedule, High Point didn’t make the cut. The simple fact is High Point is a way better track the man Muddy Creek.

|

8/15/2020 10:18 PM

NWmx756 wrote:

DE262 wrote:

Shocker of the year.

thewrizzle wrote:

I mean, is there a problem there? It’s clear MX Sports wasn’t biased with the schedule, High Point didn’t make the cut. The simple fact is High Point is a way better track the man Muddy Creek.

I agree- High Point is a great track. Hell- all of the tracks on the schedule are great tracks.

Give it some time- all of the Nationals will be held at LL's and High Point. It will be great for racing.ermm

|

8/15/2020 10:26 PM

DE262 wrote:

Shocker of the year.

thewrizzle wrote:

DE262 wrote:

I agree- High Point is a great track. Hell- all of the tracks on the schedule are great tracks.

Give it some time- all of the Nationals will be held at LL's and High Point. It will be great for racing.ermm

I think you’re crazy, there is no conspiracy here. Extraordinary things are happening right now and I think it’s awesome that we are even getting 9 races period.

|

8/15/2020 10:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2020 12:16 AM

Dirtydeeds wrote:

How does a posi-trac rear end work on a Plymouth?

How does a posi-trac rear end work on a Plymouth?,How is a rainbow made? , it just does.

|

Ed Johnson

8/15/2020 10:42 PM

thewrizzle wrote:

DE262 wrote:

thewrizzle wrote:

I think you’re crazy, there is no conspiracy here. Extraordinary things are happening right now and I think it’s awesome that we are even getting 9 races period.

It's not a conspiracy at all.

Not trying to get into a pissing match either.

It is what it is.

|